Azteca Stadium Field is not in good shape right now, NFL getting involved

The Rams decided it was ok to give away a home game. and now they have that game back ok, Got it. But now, when this will decide which team is the best team in the NFL and could be a game that decides which team will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs then giving the Rams back their advantage is kind of bs guys. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

The Rams decided it was ok to give away a home game. and now they have that game back ok, Got it. But now, when this will decide which team is the best team in the NFL and could be a game that decides which team will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs then giving the Rams back their advantage is kind of bs guys. 

RAMS are NFC so homefield is not an issue with them vs KC. KC needs to beat the AFC teams remaining on the schedule to likely assure homefield. Pitts has a tough schedule and would need to win out. NE would need to win out. This game should be lots of fun to watch but to me is not that important. Best of all...I now get to attend it.

6 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

RAMS are NFC so homefield is not an issue with them vs KC. KC needs to beat the AFC teams remaining on the schedule to likely assure homefield. This game should be lots of fun to watch but to me is not that important. Best of all...I now get to attend it.

It still counts as a win or a loss and could determine hfa for us if we lose to the rams and then another one and pats win out we are the 2. If lose and then win out it doesn’t matter.  But every loss has seeding implications. 

20 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It still counts as a win or a loss and could determine hfa for us if we lose to the rams and then another one and pats win out we are the 2. If lose and then win out it doesn’t matter.  But every loss has seeding implications. 

Of course. Yet Its not life or death. Lots of things can happen. San Diego concerns me more than NE. Pats are a mirage this year.

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Of course. Yet Its not life or death. Lots of things can happen. San Diego concerns me more than NE. Pats are a mirage this year.

SD schedule is what has them where they are. Beat them and let another team like Steelers do it too and we will be fine

14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I realize that it’s not life or death.  But you said since they are NFC then hfa is not an issue.  A loss is a loss.  And we are only 1 game up in the division.  We could fall all the way from #1 to #5 with two losses if one of those losses is the chargers.  

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

I agree. We could go 14-2 and play in the Wild Card game.  The Chargers game is just a looming monster. Around that if we can win 3 of the 5 other games I think we’d get the 1.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I agree. We could go 14-2 and play in the Wild Card game.  The Chargers game is just a looming monster. Around that if we can win 3 of the 5 other games I think we’d get the 1.  

No we couldn't.   If we finished 14-2 the only way it could even be close is if that loss came against SD.   Then the tie breakers are head to head matchups which we tie.  The second is game won/loss within the division we would both tie there again.  The 3rd tie breaker would be against common opponents and we would have beat the Rams and they lost to the Rams so we would win because of the 3rd tie breaker.    And if we lose to the Rams and beat the Chargers we win on the 2nd tie breaker.  Either way we win if we can win out minus one slip up.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

No we couldn't.   If we finished 14-2 the only way it could even be close is if that loss came against SD.   Then the tie breakers are head to head matchups which we tie.  The second is game won/loss within the division we would both tie there again.  The 3rd tie breaker would be against common opponents and we would have beat the Rams and they lost to the Rams so we would win because of the 3rd tie breaker.   

Well done on tie breakers. So let me rephrase.  We could go 13-3 and be a wild card team if we lose to the Chargers (not SD).  But beat LAC and go 13-3 and I think we are the 1.  That game is monstrous.  

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

For all the Bob Sutton hate, he’s created a turnover machine against the Chargers for whatever reason.  

The entire focus for Chiefs has been the division opponents in this regime. Basically beat your opponents for a consistent playoff appearance. It's the main reason behind turnover margin IMO. 

I wonder if the NFL would have changed the venue if the teams involved were not the two with the best records In the AFC /NFC

say it was Tampa Bay vs the Bills. I would like to believe that the NFL was truly concerned about player safety or was it that they

wanted the biggest game of the season to be on American soil???

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Has the NFL had a game in Mexico that at least one participant  wasn't from the SW or had an extremely large Hispanic community?

Theyve only played 3 regular season games in Mexico City and Bay Area teams were in all three as well as Texans, Cardinals and Patriots as their opponents. Interesting the last International game to be called off was an exhibition in Beijing in 2007. Around 25 games have been played in London to date and of course when the Bills were using Toronto as a part time home they played a dozen or so games there as well. That pretty much covers all the real games. 

13 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

I think the Chiefs have some room for error.  I'm just not seeing the Chargers winning in Pittsburgh in a game that starts 9 am their time.

This ^^^

I think the Chargers will have lost at least 2 more games by the time we see them.

14 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Well done on tie breakers. So let me rephrase.  We could go 13-3 and be a wild card team if we lose to the Chargers (not SD).  But beat LAC and go 13-3 and I think we are the 1.  That game is monstrous.  

Are you forgetting the Pats?  They have the easiest remaining schedule in the league and if they beat the Steelers, they finish 13-3 and have the tie breaker over KC.

20 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

And if it was a Chiefs home game that got switched back, you would say, "Well thats the rules"......

20 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Just now, Handswarmer said:

And if it was a Chiefs home game that got switched back, you would say, "Well thats the rules"......

Played golf with a guy last week and after he hit his chip shot from 30 yds out about 15 yds to the right of the pin and deep, he complained about the ball being in divot prior to the shot. He asked for a 'do over'.

My question was "If it had gone in, would you retake the shot?"

21 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Unless the Rams went down and sabatoged the field at Azteca themselves, I just can't agree with this. 

23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Unless the Rams went down and sabatoged the field at Azteca themselves, I just can't agree with this. 

I’m just thinking now that the only path to the super bowl, for this squad, is home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That’s why I’m at least, slightly pissed, that it went down like this. 

Archived