Azteca Stadium Field is not in good shape right now, NFL getting involved

13 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’m just thinking now that the only path to the super bowl, for this squad, is home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That’s why I’m at least, slightly pissed, that it went down like this. 

Even if we lose we still lead as the #1 seed with 2 losses in the AFC while everyone else has more other than SD who we beat head to head. 

Hell Rams need to win or they will have 2 losses like NO does and then since they lost to them they will slip to #2 seed in the NFC 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Even if we lose we still lead as the #1 seed with 2 losses in the AFC while everyone else has more other than SD who we beat head to head. 

Hell Rams need to win or they will have 2 losses like NO does and then since they lost to them they will slip to #2 seed in the NFC 

NO has 1 loss. They are 8-1. Which puts more pressure on them to win.

34 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

I’m just thinking now that the only path to the super bowl, for this squad, is home field advantage throughout the playoffs. That’s why I’m at least, slightly pissed, that it went down like this. 

Why do you believe that? They beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and went toe to toe with NE. Get our guys healthy for the playoffs and they can beat anyone home or away. Even if all of them aren't healthy I still believe they can beat anyone. 

58 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Good news is no matter what this team has proven we can win on the road against good teams too. There’s no playoff scenario you can count us out although clearly getting home field would be helpful. 

i still am not understanding how some are pissed that the game was moved to the Coliseum, it was always a home game for the rams and the NFL Rules

mandate that the Home teams stadium has to be available in the event that the overseas location cannot be used, this is what happened so the Rams are

the home team no matter what...the NFL did not pull a fast one or favor the Rams over the Chiefs in any way....Now KC just has to go take care of their business

in LA

7 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Any injuries on that terrible pitch could mean the end of the season for our already crippled roster and frankly we had very little (if any) shot at a win in such an environment. LA is a huge boost to our chances as it benefits the passing game more, it's not like they have a strong fan base there. 

The move hurts the NFL's plans in the long term and they wouldn't have moved the game if the pitch was somewhat manageable. They lost a lot of money as well as reputation in the process.

10 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

i still am not understanding how some are pissed that the game was moved to the Coliseum, it was always a home game for the rams and the NFL Rules

mandate that the Home teams stadium has to be available in the event that the overseas location cannot be used, this is what happened so the Rams are

the home team no matter what...the NFL did not pull a fast one or favor the Rams over the Chiefs in any way....Now KC just has to go take care of their business

in LA

Meh I don’t agree.... HUGE HUGE difference in Chief fans that show up to a road game that’s been planned with flights/hotels/tickets for months vs less than a week expect Chiefs fans drop everything and head to LA.

l’m trying my best to get to this game cause im in Arizona but if it had been on the schedule all along I would of already had travel/hotel/tickets ready to go!  

Just think its gonna be a even more home field advantage /shrug 

49 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Good points from everyone on this.. situation.. mostly feel bad for those who spent a ton of money and had to use vacation time etc to attend the game. 

Its the game of the year. 

Go Chiefs.. 

Agree with this and Clark Hunt said as much yesterday. I’d like to see him back that up with some action for Chiefs fans even though it isn’t the clubs fault. 

Bad thing is George Toma has worked at Azteca before and said this was easily fixable had they treated problem a few weeks ago. That’s all on Roger Goodells NFL.  

On 11/14/2018 at 1:20 AM, liquidfriend said:

I think the Chiefs have some room for error.  I'm just not seeing the Chargers winning in Pittsburgh in a game that starts 9 am their time.

The game got flexed to 8:25 on Sunday night so Chargers are playing at 5pm their time.

Advantage: even

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It will be a chance for the Chargers to prove it.  I'm not convinced yet. 

Neither am I, they really haven't beaten anyone or proven anything to me. If they come into KC, on the day the Chiefs retire Gonzos number and beat the Chiefs then maybe I will believe they are better than I think. Until that happens they are the same Chargers led by the same Phyllis Rivers losing to KC.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Neither am I, they really haven't beaten anyone or proven anything to me. If they come into KC, on the day the Chiefs retire Gonzos number and beat the Chiefs then maybe I will believe they are better than I think. Until that happens they are the same Chargers led by the same Phyllis Rivers losing to KC.

They have a one point home win over the Titans and a road win over the 4-5 Seahawks.  Those would be their best wins.  To be fair, their only losses are to us and the Rams and they can only beat the team on the schedule.  I know they are a decent team, I'm just not yet convinced they are as good as they are getting credit for. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

They have a one point home win over the Titans and a road win over the 4-5 Seahawks.  Those would be their best wins.  To be fair, their only losses are to us and the Rams and they can only beat the team on the schedule.  I know they are a decent team, I'm just not yet convinced they are as good as they are getting credit for. 

You're right, they can only play whose on the schedule. However, they really never dominated anyone but Chokeland twice, Bills and the Brownies.

2 point win against SF, 1 point win against the Titans and a TD over Seattle. Lost by 2 scores to the Lambs and KC.

The Chiefs dominated the same SF and Brownies. Outside of the first game against Denver, the Chiefs have pretty much easily handled the other teams they beat only to allow last minute TDs to make the games look closer than they actually were. 

Of course any given Sunday any team, but maybe Chokeland can win.

as bad as this is... I want pit to loose... san diego hasnt a long history of knocking us out of the playoffs, nor have we just recovered from one of our longest loosing streaks ever against diego......

anzthing to keep pit out of the picture.

Archived