I'm not seeing what the difference is. I'm sure there's a difference, but either I'm looking at the wrong thing or it's pretty freaking subtle.   And no.  We don't rebrand based on a quarterback.  You think the Bears should rebrand based on Trubisky?  Or the new Dak Prescott Cowboy uniforms?  Some things you just don't fuck with. 

I used to be all for the Chiefs changing their uniforms until Nike sponsored the NFL jerseys and now I think the Chiefs' uniforms look great and are still the classic style.

The big change was taking the number off the shoulder/sleeve and putting the stripe which looks alot better.

Also, Nike gave the Chiefs red an updated look that helped as well.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not seeing what the difference is. I'm sure there's a difference, but either I'm looking at the wrong thing or it's pretty freaking subtle.   And no.  We don't rebrand based on a quarterback.  You think the Bears should rebrand based on Trubisky?  Or the new Dak Prescott Cowboy uniforms?  Some things you just don't fuck with. 

Well the two teams you mentioned have classic legendary uniforms so it's not the same situation.  As much as we hate to admit it, we really are closer to teams like the Seahawks, Jacksonville, Titans, Bucs etc. when it comes to historical success and what they/we all have done it recently (mainly all but Jax has made the SB since Y2K).  The uniform change with Mahomes is more to just get a fresh start on everything, separate ourselves from all the 'because chiefs' or the negativity around our team we've had for basically our entire lives.  I'm not saying re-brand and go with all black or over the the top like Oregon but the uniform has room for improvement but I would keep the helmet as is.

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Well the two teams you mentioned have classic legendary uniforms so it's not the same situation.  As much as we hate to admit it, we really are closer to teams like the Seahawks, Jacksonville, Titans, etc. when it comes to historical success and they all have done it recently.  The uniform change with Mahomes is more to just get a fresh start on everything, separate ourselves from all the 'because chiefs' or the negativity around our team we've had for basically our entire lives.  I'm not saying re-brand and go with all black or over the the top like Oregon but the uniform has room for improvement but I would keep the helmet as is.

The Cowboys started in 1960.  We've been the Chiefs since 1963 and have had the same look since.  I guess classic legendary uniforms is subjective, but I think ours are pretty classic. 

Archived