Awesome Stat

Even better I would like to see the stats on converting 3rd and long 10+yrds for pat. It seems like he has converted alot. I feel with him we always have a chance to convert. With Alex if it was 3rd and 10 or more it was a dump off and hope for missed tackle or punt.

this stat explains how a defense can or cannot play with mahommes. with smith you covered a certain sections of the field. with mahomes you can’t cover outside the hashes or deep . the threat is unbelievable. watch what tennessee did to brady  take away his first read which they said is 90% between the numbers. 60% of his throws are between the hashes. 

33 minutes ago, Calichief said:

How does that compare to last year?

alex went deep a lot last year.

bet it’s close..

I’ve seen numbers and in this particular stat we go deep about 20 percent more which isn’t much. But I’ve also read including in an article today we run routes now that we would never even consider trying with Alex.  Mahomes just puts pressure on defenses in so many ways that it makes sense his numbers and this offense in general are just massively more productive. 

Imsgine a few years from now what’s possible when Andy always talks about PMII truly “getting it.”

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Imsgine a few years from now what’s possible when Andy always talksO about PMII truly “getting it.”

Actually, the offense is good enough.  They're scoring at a record rate.  Mahomes may get better with experience, but the trick will be to keep the offense together to use Mahomes's talent long term.  I like to imagine the possibilities if the Chiefs can get an above average defense to go along with the Mahomes magic.  Imagine a defense with a healthy Berry, a first round ILB, a second day DT, CB, and OL, and a healthy Watt. 

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Actually, the offense is good enough.  They're scoring at a record rate.  Mahomes may get better with experience, but the trick will be to keep the offense together to use Mahomes's talent long term.  I like to imagine the possibilities if the Chiefs can get an above average defense to go along with the Mahomes magic.  Imagine a defense with a healthy Berry, a first round ILB, a second day DT, CB, and OL, and a healthy Watt. 

It’s not really about offense being good enough to me as it is subtle things he will learn to help win games that don’t require anything spectacular especially in January. 

We saw this last week against AZ where he made a few bad reads or held ball too long. Things he will clean up with simple situational experience that will allow offense to thrive when combined with his unreal arm talent without necessarily always being surrounded by elite talent.  

And that makes us a consistent January contender as we can focus more building defense.  

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’ve seen numbers and in this particular stat we go deep about 20 percent more which isn’t much. But I’ve also read including in an article today we run routes now that we would never even consider trying with Alex.  Mahomes just puts pressure on defenses in so many ways that it makes sense his numbers and this offense in general are just massively more productive. 

Imsgine a few years from now what’s possible when Andy always talks about PMII truly “getting it.”

It's not only just the routes. It's the ability of Tyreek Hill being able to have an "option" route further down the field than what is typical in the NFL. With PM and TH together, this offense can do things no other offense can do. Check out the video in the link below. Good stuff.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/11/15/18096827/nate-burleson-says-tyreek-hill-is-a-matchup-nightmare-for-rams

3 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I agree. Chiefs fans need to move on.

What is the NFL average for completions over 20 yards? Just curious. Is it less than 40% but higher than 35%?

Move on Don't know any chiefs fan who would want to go back. It was simply the difference of the offense this year for the better.

38 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

The graphic is interesting that the saints are doing it without the long ball.

Drew Brees completing 77 percent of his passes is nothing short of amazing. And they don't go deep often but when they do he completes 65 percent of those. 

I think going forward Mahomes will make the offense better even if we dont have elite talent around him. He will make players better like Rodgers does. Keep what you can but don't neglect defense to get thet extra expensive wide receiver like we did with Watkins this year.

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I think going forward Mahomes will make the offense better even if we dont have elite talent around him. He will make players better like Rodgers does. Keep what you can but don't neglect defense to get thet extra expensive wide receiver like we did with Watkins this year.

I don’t think Watkins in any way resulted in neglecting defense personally.  I think plan has always been to rebuild defense mainly around draft and a few tactical FA pickups.  I think Veach saw a great skill position talent and a huge need filled in red zone in as best alternative to win in short term as he rebuilds the D.  

No doubt after Watkins is gone though we likely will never spend that type of money again on our number 2 WR. 

55 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I don’t think Watkins in any way resulted in neglecting defense personally.  I think plan has always been to rebuild defense mainly around draft and a few tactical FA pickups.  I think Veach saw a great skill position talent and a huge need filled in red zone in as best alternative to win in short term as he rebuilds the D.  

No doubt after Watkins is gone though we likely will never spend that type of money again on our number 2 WR. 

Agree. I think they wanted to put Pat in a good situation to kick off his career and confidence. Watkins has been very valuable to Pat.

39 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I wasn’t trying to compare this to Alex Smith. 

I was curious to see if there were more deep shots than LAST year because the chiefs went deep a shit load last year.

They did last year. More than any other year with Smith I think. I would be curious how it compares.

Archived