Countdown..

The only sliver of hope I have is that he and the Chiefs knows he can only play for a handful games so they aren't even going to try until around week 14 in the hopes he can pull a Bob Sanders. 

06 Sanders played 2 games in Sept, one in November and one in December then all of the playoffs and had an impact.  Not sure those 2 games he played in November and December helped or not as their was a month from the Nov to Dec game and a month before he played again in the playoffs.

Other than that, that's all I got.  

The Eric Berry saga has been the worst drama-fest this year (even surpassing the Leveon Bell crap). We've played almost 2 seasons without him, yet he is one of the highest paid players on the team. I hope he plays and plays well at some point this season,   so that we can trade him in the offeseason.

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

The Eric Berry saga has been the worst drama-fest this year (even surpassing the Leveon Bell crap). We've played almost 2 seasons without him, yet he is one of the highest paid players on the team. I hope he plays and plays well at some point this season,   so that we can trade him in the offeseason.

No one is going to take on that contract with the time he has missed

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

No one is going to take on that contract with the time he has missed

Yep. Berry will be a Chiefs player in 2019. If this bone spur deal is truly all he's dealing with right now it is very possible he will be 100 percent next year. Kind of on par with his career he will come back when nobody expects him too and have a Pro Bowl season. And its then we should trade him. 

This kind of burns my butt.  There is no doubt in my mind that Berry is a hell of a good player and is a great asset to the Chiefs both on and off the field and in the locker room.  This bone spur thing is what gets me upset about it.  I am sure I will get blasted for it but in my mind, the Chiefs should, in fact all teams should  put an injury clause in the contracts.  No question they should be paid when they are injured or have a medical problem, just like workman's comp or sick leave in the work force world.  He is getting paid how many millions of dollars to cheer for the Chiefs on the side lines?  In my opinion,  he should man up and take a hell of a pay cut until he is back on the field.  What really burns my butt is that I have the same malady,  not the cancer but a bone spur on my heel that is entwined with the Achilles tendon.  Hell yes it hurts but I still did my duties as a firefighter EMTI/C until my retirement.  I didn't miss work because of it.  I am not saying he should go out there and possibly have a tendon rupture because of the game.  But he should take the pay cut.  Nobody deserves to be paid millions just to watch a game.   Just my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

This kind of burns my butt.  There is no doubt in my mind that Berry is a hell of a good player and is a great asset to the Chiefs both on and off the field and in the locker room.  This bone spur thing is what gets me upset about it.  I am sure I will get blasted for it but in my mind, the Chiefs should, in fact all teams should  put an injury clause in the contracts.  No question they should be paid when they are injured or have a medical problem, just like workman's comp or sick leave in the work force world.  He is getting paid how many millions of dollars to cheer for the Chiefs on the side lines?  In my opinion,  he should man up and take a hell of a pay cut until he is back on the field.  What really burns my butt is that I have the same malady,  not the cancer but a bone spur on my heel that is entwined with the Achilles tendon.  Hell yes it hurts but I still did my duties as a firefighter EMTI/C until my retirement.  I didn't miss work because of it.  I am not saying he should go out there and possibly have a tendon rupture because of the game.  But he should take the pay cut.  Nobody deserves to be paid millions just to watch a game.   Just my opinion. 

I'll take the other side.  The NFL - and football in general - is a violent sport where not only your career , but also a player's ability to live a meaningful and full life can end at any moment on any play.  The contract was/is stupid, but it's no fault of Berry's nor is the fact that he's too injured to play. Pay these men what they're worth with the possibility of renegotiating if their play warrants it (one way or the other), but it's a narrow view of the world to assert Berry should willingly take reduced pay because he was injured playing the game he's paid to play.

I hope Andy and Clark and Berry both take some major heat if they knew all along he could only play a few games and instead of getting the surgery months ago elected to use up a roster spot.   I’d be upset if I was a player and the supposed heart and soul of the team allowed that to happen.  After a while you lose credibility when you do stuff like this.   It’s also an insult to our intelligence with this day to day stuff.   

We know what the injury is and we know it doesn’t heal itself.   I mean i hope he is going to come back because we need help but at this point he’s dead weight.

If you talked to Andy Reid off the record I've gotta think he's pretty livid at his medical staff with this deal. We can't do anything about the contract, but there's NO WAY he would have gone though 75 percent of the season down a roster spot if he had any idea this was going to happen. I'm still sold at this point he knows they are going to TRY and bring him back for about a 6 week window to manage swelling and pain levels. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

If you talked to Andy Reid off the record I've gotta think he's pretty livid at his medical staff with this deal. We can't do anything about the contract, but there's NO WAY he would have gone though 75 percent of the season down a roster spot if he had any idea this was going to happen. I'm still sold at this point he knows they are going to try and bring him back for about a 6 week window to manage swelling and pain levels. 

What's the most livid you ever saw Andy Reid? 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

What's the most livid you ever saw Andy Reid? 

Being livid about something and acting emotionally about it are two distinctly different things.  Not sure when I’ve sensed he’s been the most mad since he got here. Maybe this whole deal with the intentional grounding or an Alex Smith or Bob Sutton question with the media.  In reality dealing with Marcus Peters in house.  

chiefs have got to know that he is coming back or else they would have put him on IR. what do guys think? it smells like to me he will come back after the bye. there’s no way he can take a roster spot without chiefs knowing he will be back. something is brewing  

now what about mitch morse ? same deal i think. he will be back after the bye. the head injury is tougher to gauge but chiefs can’t occupy 2 spots without knowing something. 

54 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

chiefs have got to know that he is coming back or else they would have put him on IR. what do guys think? it smells like to me he will come back after the bye. there’s no way he can take a roster spot without chiefs knowing he will be back. something is brewing  

now what about mitch morse ? same deal i think. he will be back after the bye. the head injury is tougher to gauge but chiefs can’t occupy 2 spots without knowing something. 

It's always possible that the Chiefs just mis-diagnosed the situation and Berry hasn't come back as soon as they hoped.  At this point, shutting down his season wouldn't matter all that much.  Who would replace him on the roster?  Might as well keep him available in case he can make it back for a game or two.

The Kansas City Chiefs have become a Super Bowl favorite despite a leaky defense, but sources maintained that significant help is on the way. Safety Eric Berry, a former Defensive Player of the Year candidate and one of the most loved and respected members of that organization, continued to make strides from a long-term heel injury, and could be back as soon as after Kansas City's Week 12 bye, sources said.

Berry will not play in Monday's clash with the Rams – one of the most anticipated games of the season – and has yet to practice, but the team made a point to take every precaution with the playmaker and has been eyeing the weeks following the bye to implement him back into the lineup. It's expected Berry would begin practicing after the bye, with a return in Week 13 or 14 likely at this point.

Archived