Armani Watts 3
4%
20%
12%
20%
28%
Daniel Sorensen                   32
44%

Our DVOA pass defense numbers have moved up to 12th, just a fraction away from the top ten.  That’s pretty good considering our safety play.  Rush defense is 32nd.  25th overall.  As a group we are improving and even run defense kept Cardinals under their average.  But safety, ILB issues  loom large vs Gurley. 

This is almost the exact same spot people predicted doom and gloom vs E Elliott but we held him under 100 yards only to have offense and pass defense kill us.  So this will be interesting.  

6 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Yup don't know what Sutton has against lucas. In his short time he has played less than 1/2 the snaps as Murray he has the same amount of pass defensed and int. And definitely harder hits. And a sack on top of that.

I think it has more to do with the staff being high on Murray. They have been expecting him to make a huge leap for a couple years now. It's clear that Lucas should be on the field now.

I am really worried about Gurley.  

KC has to win the possession battle.  If we have 2 or more than LA, then we win.  Reid has to put his ego aside, run the ball and hit the quick, underneath stuff all day.  If the calls are for Pat to go 5 and 7 step drops all day, then Donald and Suh might have career games.

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Gurley isn’t a super human. He isn’t going to run for 300 yards.

hes going to get some but come on. People talking like he’s Barry Sanders.

Just like Hill is the main Cog in the Chiefs offense,

Gurley.

Gurley.

Gurley.

He is all that matters. The entire Rams offensive game plan runs through him. Shut he down, their offense stalls.

29 minutes ago, artsy said:

Just like Hill is the main Cog in the Chiefs offense,

Gurley.

Gurley.

Gurley.

He is all that matters. The entire Rams offensive game plan runs through him. Shut he down, their offense stalls.

I don’t agree in that the Chiefs offense has no “cog” - the chiefs use anyone at any time. That’s what makes the offense unique compared to others.

i agree that Gurley is the cog in LA

32 minutes ago, artsy said:

If Hill is not on the field, it allows the defense to play with an extra man in the box. Hence shutting down the run, bracketing Kelce and playing Watkins and Conley one on one. Without Hill, it makes us a VERY normal offense.

Watkins proved very capable of carrying load and keeping offense effective if we have to play without Tyreek.  Obviously having all pur weapons makes us clearly better though.  And consider we had Tyreek but offense flopped in second half last year minus Kelce.  

6 hours ago, SEMO said:

I am really worried about Gurley.  

KC has to win the possession battle.  If we have 2 or more than LA, then we win.  Reid has to put his ego aside, run the ball and hit the quick, underneath stuff all day.  If the calls are for Pat to go 5 and 7 step drops all day, then Donald and Suh might have career games.

If what you say is true then Andy Reid pretty much put his ego aside the entire Alex Smith era so why would he not do it for a single game? This issue is really all about Patrick Mahomes not being greedy as he said earlier this week and taking what the defense gives. He's young and so its not always easy to do for a gunslinger type.

25 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Kelce is more important imo as far as dimension imo 

Even playing a different position I think adding Watkins really helps there as well. I don't think we lose any one guy and the offense goes in the tank. But as weve seen with Watkins out if we lose any piece of the puzzle we aren't nearly as explosive. To offset the defense even though its improving we need a healthy group of skill position players or it becomes really dicey. This offense when healthy makes us a legit Super Bowl contender under any circumstance in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If what you say is true then Andy Reid pretty much put his ego aside the entire Alex Smith era so why would he not do it for a single game? This issue is really all about Patrick Mahomes not being greedy as he said earlier this week and taking what the defense gives. He's young and so its not always easy to do for a gunslinger type.

Thanks

On 11/15/2018 at 6:26 PM, Troyofoc said:

Yup don't know what Sutton has against lucas. In his short time he has played less than 1/2 the snaps as Murray he has the same amount of pass defensed and int. And definitely harder hits. And a sack on top of that.

I may be just that Lucas has to learn the system. Even if he makes great plays, it might be screwing up the people around him.  The whole unit needs to be on the same page.

Archived