Chiefs Corners

6 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I may be just that Lucas has to learn the system. Even if he makes great plays, it might be screwing up the people around him.  The whole unit needs to be on the same page.

If that's the case there would be no difference. Parker and Murray are quite often out of position. Murray doesn't make many plays at all. 

2 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

If that's the case there would be no difference. Parker and Murray are quite often out of position. Murray doesn't make many plays at all. 

Maybe so.  I'm sure Lucas will get his reps.  By the time the playoffs come around, Lucas may be the man. It will be all hands on deck.

It's week 11 of the NFL season. The Chiefs are who they are. The run defense and the penalties are the two albatrosses hanging on this team's neck. Mahomes has proven he can overcome a lot of the penalty woes. Under Alex...if we were say 2nd and 20 I would automatically think "punt". with Mahomes it's different. But the run defense is another animal. Look for Gurley to get the ball early and often. If we get gashed expect a rinse and repeat in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters. Chiefs have to make a statement early and try to get them out of their game plan.

4 hours ago, robgar said:

3rd and 50.. I am thinking oh we are gonna score here..

I have to agree. I never feel like there is a 3rd down that isn't possible with Mahomes at QB. Every single QB the Chiefs have trotted out on game day for as long as I can remember never inspired this confidence. That includes Trent Green, Gannon, hell even Montana. Mahomes is something special and no down and distance is insurmountable. 

3 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I have to agree. I never feel like there is a 3rd down that isn't possible with Mahomes at QB. Every single QB the Chiefs have trotted out on game day for as long as I can remember never inspired this confidence. That includes Trent Green, Gannon, hell even Montana. Mahomes is something special and no down and distance is insurmountable. 

If there is time to throw, a 50 yard pass is as good as any punt if its intercepted and the guy brought down. 

3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

How about that secondary!   Smoke and mirrors Mr Mellinger.   I think everyone now knows what we all knew.  400 plus yards in the air and two deep passes with under 2 minutes to seal the game and nothing.  Can't even catch a gift int.   

Yup.  They’re really, really bad.  Adding insult to injury is the dropped interception by Scandrick that seals the victory.  

47 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Meh, they woild have just picked on Steven Nelson all night instead if PP was playing in place of Scandrick.

Nelson is a far superior player to Scandrick who simply doesn't have the speed to handle WRs one on one with no safety help. It's not good when your corner is unable to even run with a WR. Just ask Marcus Peters. Schematically the Rams are exposing his biggest weakness. We need versatile safeties not one trick ponies (or in some cases no trick ponies). And another legit corner. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Nelson is a far superior player to Scandrick who simply doesn't have the speed to handle WRs one on one with no safety help. It's not good when your corner is unable to even run with a WR. Just ask Marcus Peters. Schematically the Rams are exposing his biggest weakness. We need versatile safeties not one trick ponies (or in some cases no trick ponies). And another legit corner. 

Nelson and Scandrick are both grabby corners that excel when the refs swallow the whistles and stick out when they don't. 

I don't hate the method they are using, as it works a lot, but lets call it for what it is.

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Nelson and Scandrick are both grabby corners that excel when the refs swallow the whistles and stick out when they don't. 

I don't hate the method they are using, as it works a lot, but lets call it for what it is.

Needs to be called across the board on both sides if they do it then. That is my gripe.  Just like our defensive guys get held a lot and the fact Suh gave a forearm to the head of mahomes in front of the ref that was never called.

19 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Needs to be called across the board on both sides if they do it then. That is my gripe.  Just like our defensive guys get held a lot and the fact Suh gave a forearm to the head of mahomes in front of the ref that was never called.

No I get you and I agree.  They either need to call it flat down the line or just let 'em play.

I think the refs were overly zealous trying to 'meet expectations'

51 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Nelson is a physical player who’s good at disrupting routes and getting in the WRs grill before they can break free. He’s also instinctive at reading routes and getting to spots before the WR which clearly helps in zone as well. Recovery speed is his biggest weakness but he’s quick and doesn’t let WRs get away often. Also good vs run. He’s a very solid complimentary number 2 corner who can play anywhere. 

Ironically I see Scandrick as a poor mans Nelson who’s declining speed can really be a problem because he wasn’t fast to begin with.  Smart player though who’s been a peasant surprise off the scrap heap but clearly a limited guy which also could describe all of our safeties minus Berry.  

Archived