Watkins no Practice Saturday Either?

Sammy Watkins (foot) will not practice Saturday.

Watkins wasn't spotted during the early portion of Kansas City's practice. He was downgraded Friday, so this isn't a good sign for his availability ahead of Monday night. Chris Conley was in on 91.5% of the Chiefs' offensive snaps without Watkins in their last game, but saw just two targets on the day.

Rather have everyone healthy down the home stretch than have him play in what could be considered a meaningless game for the Chiefs.

Chiefs lose, no matter what anyone else does in the AFC, they are still #1 in the AFC. Rams lose, they could easily move to 2nd in the NFC.

Don't want a loss but rather have healthy players then injured players.

43 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Glad to hear it is a different foot. Let Watkins heal. Get Robinson and Conley reps. This is a super hyped game but it is not really that important in the grand scheme. NFC team. We will play them again in the Super Bowl.

My money is on the Saints in the NFC especially if we knock off Rams. This game does loom larger than most vs NFC though because of division tie breakers.  

Sammy Watkins (foot) is questionable for Week 11 against the Rams.

Watkins is trending toward missing another game after not practicing the last two days. Coach Andy Reid said Watkins is only dealing with soreness, but it would be a surprise if Kansas City pushed him before their Week 12 bye. Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce would see an uptick in targets it Watkins, with Chris Conley starting opposite Hill in two wide sets.

54 minutes ago, dksww said:

ya, maybe he can still go with resting on Friday and Saturday.  Probably not a full work load of snaps, but possibly help out for 15-20 plays.

I doubt the Rams shadow Hill with Peters.  

He’s been doing it all year in their scheme. 

2 hours ago, SarcasticOne said:

Conley for Watkins certainly would hurt.  On the subject, anyone have a Bigfoot sighting? A Loch Ness Monster sighting?  How about an Eric Berry sighting? 

I’d say Berry is way more rare than those other examples 

16 hours ago, Calichief said:

He’s been doing it all year in their scheme. 

This will be the game they don't is my guess.

The Chiefs have been getting every team's best shot every single week since week 4 so I fully expect the Rams to have made an adjustment and just have Peters stay on one side of the field.

Archived