jags broncs

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Chargers got a ton of calls but couldn't win it at home.  Frauds.

Officiating was miserable. I just read the NFL broke up the regular officiating game crew and is putting together an all star crew for tomorrow’s game. This is something usually reserved for conference title games or Super Bowls.  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Officiating was miserable. I just read the NFL broke up the regular officiating game crew and is putting together an all star crew for tomorrow’s game. This is something usually reserved for conference title games or Super Bowls.  

Goes to show how bad officiating is this year.

The Chargers still have a rematch at Pile High, SNF in Pitt next week (while they search for answers) and coming here in a short week.

I think the floor for them is 9-7 and ceiling is 11-5.  2 more wins and the Chiefs have the division IMO--still got the Raiders twice.  Barring things we can't predict, I think the division race is practically over already.

12 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Goes to show how bad officiating is this year.

The Chargers still have a rematch at Pile High, SNF in Pitt next week (while they search for answers) and coming here in a short week.

I think the floor for them is 9-7 and ceiling is 11-5.  2 more wins and the Chiefs have the division IMO--still got the Raiders twice.  Barring things we can't predict, I think the division race is practically over already.

The team to quietly worry about in playoff seeding is Houston. They play nobody. 

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Am I wrong here with this scenario?

If we sweep Raiders and win any other two games, we win AFC West. 

If we sweep the raiders, and lose to Chargers we would only have that one conference loss. LAC now has 2 losing to us and Denver. So if we tied record wise we would win the division still with a sweep of Oakland.

40 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Am I wrong here with this scenario?

If we sweep Raiders and win any other two games, we win AFC West. 

Not for sure.  The Chargers could win out and go 13-3.  Two wins against the Raiders still only gets the Chiefs to 11-5.  But to be realistic, the Chargers will be underdogs at PIT, and KC should learn enough about Lamar Jackson by that time to win at Arrowhead.  So now were looking at both teams going 12-4.  The other two KC games, LAC and SEA will determine playoff seedings.  NE and HOU have very easy last six games.  Either or both could win  out.  PIT plays NE and NO so expect at least one more loss and two is possible.  Guess the point is that even if the Chiefs get to 13-3, they aren't even guaranteed a bye in the first round.  Just have to win out at home and hope SEA is out of the playoff chase by week 16.

Bottom line is that today's loss by the Chargers makes it likely that KC can win the division even if they lose the head to head game.

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If we sweep the raiders, and lose to Chargers we would only have that one conference loss. LAC now has 2 losing to us and Denver. So if we tied record wise we would win the division still with a sweep of Oakland.

Thats what I thought. Raiders games become the two most important of the season other than Chargers.  Obviously we really want to win that, but they gave us another legit path today. As far as playoff seeding beyond that. In a scenerio we accomplish this and finish 13-3 there's still a myriad of things that could happen particuliarly with Houston and NE that could have us anywhere from the 1 all the way to a 3. 

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not for sure.  The Chargers could win out and go 13-3.  Two wins against the Raiders still only gets the Chiefs to 11-5.  But to be realistic, the Chargers will be underdogs at PIT, and KC should learn enough about Lamar Jackson by that time to win at Arrowhead.  So now were looking at both teams going 12-4.  The other two KC games, LAC and SEA will determine playoff seedings.  NE and HOU have very easy last six games.  Either or both could win  out.  PIT plays NE and NO so expect at least one more loss and two is possible.  Guess the point is that even if the Chiefs get to 13-3, they aren't even guaranteed a bye in the first round.  Just have to win out at home and hope SEA is out of the playoff chase by week 16.

Bottom line is that today's loss by the Chargers makes it likely that KC can win the division even if they lose the head to head game.

I'm saying if we sweep the Raiders we can go 2-2 in the other four regardless of opponent and win the division. Agree our real worry now with playoff seeding IF we do win division are the Texans and Patriots. Steelers schedule is brutal.  I think its highly likely they get the four seed and open at home against the AFC West runner up. That sounds like a bargain doesn't it. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm saying if we sweep the Raiders we can go 2-2 in the other four regardless of opponent and win the division. Agree our real worry now with playoff seeding IF we do win division are the Texans and Patriots. Steelers schedule is brutal.  I think its highly likely they get the four seed and open at home against the AFC West runner up. That sounds like a bargain doesn't it. 

Yes, I think 13-3 would guarantee the division even if one loss was to the Chargers..

2 hours ago, tges58 said:

And a blown call by the refs. Stevie Wonder could see the donk scored on the two point conversion. And Vance Joseph wasn't smart enough to challenge it.

You are mistaken. Coaches aren't allowed to challenge a 2 point conversion. They are automatically reviewed. It was and the call was upheld.

7 minutes ago, dhitter said:

You are mistaken. Coaches aren't allowed to challenge a 2 point conversion. They are automatically reviewed. It was and the call was upheld.

Not according to the TV "ref".  If Denver had scored the two points, it would have been reviewed as are all scores.  But since it was ruled no score, the Denver bench had to challenge and they didn't.  Just like any other play that isn't a score and isn't in the last two minutes.  Huge mistake not to challenge that, fortunately, didn't cost the Donks the game.

Just now, jetlord said:

Not according to the TV "ref".  If Denver had scored the two points, it would have been reviewed as are all scores.  But since it was ruled no score, the Denver bench had to challenge and they didn't.  Just like any other play that isn't a score and isn't in the last two minutes.  Huge mistake not to challenge that, fortunately, didn't cost the Donks the game.

Well the radio "expert" on my local station gave that as his answer and he was supposed to be a rules expert so that is what I am going from.

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

This is correct. Unless its within the last two minutes of a game and at the replay booth officials discretion, the only way you get an automatic review is on scoring plays and turnovers. Nobody scored and Joseph later said he didn't want to burn a timeout on a close call. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

This is correct. Unless its within the last two minutes of a game and at the replay booth officials discretion, the only way you get an automatic review is on scoring plays and turnovers. Nobody scored and Joseph later said he didn't want to burn a timeout on a close call. 

That's a good point.  If Denver had challenged and the call wasn't overturned, that time out was gold.  Maybe Joseph didn't have time to be sure the call was wrong.  The TV booth seemed pretty sure they converted, but they had lots more opportunity to review it.

One thing is certain.  We'll all be Denver fans for one more week.  😁

7 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Division games are tough. Chargers have to have been over performing though. I just don’t think they are as good as people want them to be.

They won some close games but the win column is what most looked at in the end. They have a lot of talent but not as good in some positions and that showed a few times over the season.

Archived