Think Smith just broke his leg..

artsy

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

Can't help but think his career is effectively over.  That sucks.

Hard to speculate. If it’s a clean break that would actually be best.  But that deal can easily tear tendons and such. And for a guy that has to be able to run to be effective, it’s not good for his future. 

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Hard to speculate. If it’s a clean break that would actually be best.  But that deal can easily tear tendons and such. And for a guy that has to be able to run to be effective, it’s not good for his future. 

He's not going to have the same mobility again.  Even if he plays again, it's effectively over.

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Lmao at these people saying his career is over. Like he has a spinal cord injury.

If you start tearing things that require surgery beyond a broken bone it can be a major issue for a guy that needs his running ability. Just depends on what it is. Doesn’t look great though for a guy who will be 35 next year and isn’t a pocket passer.  

Ironically he only missed one game here with injury and never threw a pick 6 did he?

broken tibia and fibula for Alex Smith.

I hope he gets well soon but I would think that does jeopardize his future in the NFL.

He probably attempts a comeback and isn't very effective is my guess and has to hang up sooner than he would've before.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

If you start tearing things that require surgery beyond a broken bone it can be a major issue for a guy that needs his running ability. Just depends on what it is. Doesn’t look great though for a guy who will be 35 next year and isn’t a pocket passer.  

Ironically he only missed one game here with injury and never threw a pick 6 did he?

He threw two

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitAl03/pick-sixes/

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Also, I feel like maybe he missed more than one game.  Final game of 2014 against the Chargers (Chase Daniel) and 2016 against the Jaguars come to mind (Nick Foles).  The 2014 game was due to injury I'm pretty sure, it wasn't the 2013 game also against the Chargers that he missed due to rest.

33 minutes ago, dksww said:

broken tibia and fibula for Alex Smith.

I hope he gets well soon but I would think that does jeopardize his future in the NFL.

He probably attempts a comeback and isn't very effective is my guess and has to hang up sooner than he would've before.

I think his biggest roadblock will be mental more than physical.  An injury like that can certainly screw with someone's mind and I'm not sure if he'll be so trusting.

21 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Also, I feel like maybe he missed more than one game.  Final game of 2014 against the Chargers (Chase Daniel) and 2016 against the Jaguars come to mind (Nick Foles).  The 2014 game was due to injury I'm pretty sure, it wasn't the 2013 game also against the Chargers that he missed due to rest.

Yep. Correct. He missed two games in 5 years because of injury.  Also ironic this is almost exactly the same day his career in SF basically came to an end because of a concussion.  

Smith is in immediate surgery and the 'Skins are looking for a new QB to back up McCoy.  It shows what can happen with a decimated O-line.  I feel sorry for the Redskins.  They paid a lot for a veteran QB and got off to a fast start.  Now their season is in the toilet.  Yeah, part of the game, but their hopes shouldn't end this way.  Even worse is the thought that the Cowboys will now probably win the NFC East.