Think Smith just broke his leg..

artsy

So sorry for AS11. He is a class act and wishing him nothing less than a full recovery. I think people speculating on whether his career is over or not need to pump the brakes and see how bad the injury is (beyond the breaks) and how quickly and well his rehab goes before jumping to conclusions. QB's are playing up into their 40's now. Alex always kept himself in top shape. Unless the damage to tendons, nerves, etc. is extensive is there any reason he wouldn't be back? I can't see any.

20 minutes ago, Balto said:

Wasn’t there reports about Alex had thoughts of retiring last year or the year before when he had a few concussions?  Think 0ne was sliding or something?  Maybe something like this does make him hang it up /shrug.

I know Foles did. Hadn’t ever heard that about Smith.

58 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I remember the that game. Was just a kid then and not much into football (the Chiefs were really bad at that time). I didn't like watching it then and won't watch it now. I didn't even know who Joe Theismann was,  just felt bad for him.  

I assume the big difference now is, the advancement of medical technology.  With it happening so late in the season, I'm not sure if he comes back next season however.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I remember the that game. Was just a kid then and not much into football (the Chiefs were really bad at that time). I didn't like watching it then and won't watch it now. I didn't even know who Joe Theismann was,  just felt bad for him.  

I assume the big difference now is, the advancement of medical technology.  With it happening so late in the season, I'm not sure if he comes back next season however.

Theismann was there for the game today. I blame him. ;) (He might be there every home game, though.)

On 11/19/2018 at 2:04 PM, Handswarmer said:

Same day..

Same score.

Same yard line (40- different stadium)

weird

"It was I think the 166th game for Alex. Mine was 167. Basically, the same place on the field. Heck, I have a nephew named Alex Smith who's 33 years old … the whole thing is crazy," Theismann told TMZ earlier this week. "For the first time in my life, I couldn't really get to sleep. … I didn't really think this thing had bothered me as much as it did, and I think it probably got to me a little bit more."

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

"It was I think the 166th game for Alex. Mine was 167. Basically, the same place on the field. Heck, I have a nephew named Alex Smith who's 33 years old … the whole thing is crazy," Theismann told TMZ earlier this week. "For the first time in my life, I couldn't really get to sleep. … I didn't really think this thing had bothered me as much as it did, and I think it probably got to me a little bit more."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/linkin-kennedy/

• 4 weeks later...