Chiefs @ Rams GDT

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goff little prime time big game experience. Rams as a team with not much big game experience. Mahomes has more experience this year. KC has been winning for years/more experience in prime time/good and bad but more none the less. Both defenses practice against similar high powered offenses so each may do a little better than expected. Rams gave up about 300 yards rushing last week so no clear advantage running the ball. It depends on what Andy decides to do. KC can run on LA if they think they need to.

Should be a lot of Chiefs fans in LA. This will come down to turnovers and special teams. I like KC 37-34.

PASSING YARDS
KC
P. Mahomes
231-345, 3150 YDS, 31 TD, 7 INT
LAR
J. Goff
227-332, 3134 YDS, 22 TD, 6 INT

RUSHING YARDS
KC
K. Hunt
167 CAR, 754 YDS, 7 TD
LAR
T. Gurley II
198 CAR, 988 YDS, 13 TD

RECEIVING YARDS
KC
T. Hill
55 REC, 891 YDS, 9 TD
LAR
B. Cooks
51 REC, 857 YDS, 3 TD

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/drivestatsoff2018

Chiefs average 3.38 points per drive while the Rams average 3 points per drive. The Rams average 10 drives per game while the Chiefs average 9 drives per game. With that information the stats would say the Chiefs win 30.42 - 30.

That said, my pick is the Chiefs to start a new streak of coin toss wins and to get the win over the Rams. Score 34-31 CHIEFS! 

I have a feeling that Watkins will be playing tonight on a limited snap count.

This game will come down to the team that can run the ball and controll ToP better, and I think I'd have to favor the Rams here.  Suh, Brockers, Donald against our interior line featuring 2 back ups is a bad match up when it comes to running the ball; Rams will feast on our bad ILB situation.

Rams Chiefs pretty similar teams, so I think advantage to the home team here and no shame in losing to a one loss team in a very emotional game.

Right now I'm thinking 34-30 Rams.  If Andy can throttle the Rams in an environment like the one they are walking into tonight, just hand him Coach of the Year right then and there.

If this game was at Arrowhead instead, I'd have the Chiefs winning this for sure.

Rams losing Cooper Kupp helps. He is a monster 3rd WR. I am worried about the TE picking up some of Kupp’s production. Backs, TEs and 3rd WRs seem to be what we struggle with. CBs are good (no credit for Sutton) safeties are bad (all blame on Sutton).

Gurley will get his. He just does. If we can keep him to 120 rushing and 80 receiving, it’s anybody’s game.

Rams 42-40 only due to home field.

5 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Not fair...if I picked the Chiefs you’d say the same thing!

I most definitely would not.  I mean, I would be shocked you picked the Chiefs, but it's more predictable in you picking against them in a game it's not a lock they will win.

14 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Rams losing Cooper Kupp helps. He is a monster 3rd WR. I am worried about the TE picking up some of Kupp’s production. Backs, TEs and 3rd WRs seem to be what we struggle with. CBs are good (no credit for Sutton) safeties are bad (all blame on Sutton).

Gurley will get his. He just does. If we can keep him to 120 rushing and 80 receiving, it’s anybody’s game.

Rams 42-40 only due to home field.

Good points although LA is not a great homefield advantage plus the RAMS have been traveling to Colo and some affected by the fires and shooting. I still think they lack primetime experience. Should be fun.

Aaron Donald is the best defensive player in football and he’s lining up against two third team backups with little time together.  He can be a game wrecker especially having to leave Suh without help all game.  If we are forced to go into tight formations it kills what we want to do on offense and it would likely be a tough night.  It’ll be interesting to see how Andy tries to help. 

Much has been said about the problem with stopping Gurley but I do think most people especially in national media are really overlooking how good Kareem Hunt is. He’s not Gurley, but he’s still a complete beast capable of a huge night too. Running right st Marcus Peters all night sounds like a plan!

I think we may see some fireworks from two elite special teams too. In the end this just seems like a matchup issue for us so I’ll take the Rams 34-27.   But if we can find a way to contain Donald and Suh and keep them from big nights I think we can flip that score. 

the way it always works is games that should be shootouts are low scoring affairs.. With this one I am not so sure..

however, kc takes it...  and we set some new records..... game kinda has a feel to it.. sort of like 

Texas tech vs oklahoma

In all my playoff scenarios, it's been assumed the Chiefs would lose this one.  If they win, it's a huge bonus.  If they lose, they are still in good shape.  Prediction is Rams 38, Chiefs 31.  If the game was in Arrowhead, I'd pick the Chiefs by a point, but it's not. 

Archived