Chiefs @ Rams GDT

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our defense is trash and why Sorensen is playing more than Lucas is beyond me.    But we gifted them 14 points because while our incredible qb is amazing he had some growing pains tonight.   Growing pains we can win with.    Two starting Olineman were out against the heart of their D and we didn't do too bad.  Sammy Watkins was out and our O still stepped up.  We played from behind and fought our way back into the game.  This was a huge game and almost had a playoff feel and Mahomes did some great things and made some dumb mistakes.  Glad he will learn from them now and when we get Morse, LDT, Watkins and hopefully Berry back we can roll some folks in the playoffs.   SD losing this week gave us some breathing room.   I think we beat everyone else on our schedule for home field adv.    Sucks to lose but sometimes its necessary.

I know you guys are down about the loss, so am I. The bright side is, there were no major injuries, and we have the best young QB in the NFL IMO. He just tried too much tonight, and he will learn from this. You guys complaining about the defense I understand, but what about the vaunted Rams defense? All that free agent talent and still barely beat the Chiefs. Arron Donald is a beast, and it still almost wasn't enough. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yep, home field would probably make the difference, but a good team shouldn't lose this way.  The Chiefs will have a hard time winning against NO, LAR, NE, and maybe even PIT if they're having a good day.  The Chiefs are good, they're not SB quality yet.

We don’t have a good team.  We have a great offense.  In games like these it is usually not enough.

They better blow up this defense in the offseason.  Jones is the only true keeper that I see.  Let all of the fa’s walk.  Maybe tag Ford.

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Everyone seems to be down on the Chiefs D, but the O basically gave the Rams 21 points.

The kid turned the ball over 5 times. The D gave up 33 points which is a lot but tonight it would have been enough to put another W.

I guess.  But the defense is still trash. I do hope mahomes learns from those picks though. He really was trying to hard..

To be fair his 2nd int he got hit as he was throwing it and the 3rd he was trying to force it with 20 seconds left.   He tried to hard but its not like he was throwing it right at dudes with a clean pocket.   We lost by 3 points in a nail biter.   We beat them by 21 if we reduce 5 TO's to just 2.   

Just now, artsy said:

Really Rossiter?????????? February?

Hell yea, why not? Because their D. Shit who in the AFC can put up as many points as the Chiefs? Better yet who can stop them? Some will say NE but NE will probably get beat in the first round and if not in the first round against Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yes it was, I expect to see it again in February with a different outcome. 

Maybe if Berry comes back,  and that's Parker covering the TE instead of ole Dirty Dan..

I'm not blaming the whole game on Dan,  he just happened to be the last victim of the night

7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Everyone seems to be down on the Chiefs D, but the O basically gave the Rams 21 points.

The kid turned the ball over 5 times. The D gave up 33 points which is a lot but tonight it would have been enough to put another W.

Yes he did.  But if this is as bad as we get with Mahomes I’ll take it any day.  The reality is that the defense wasn’t stopping the Rams tonight no matter what.  

This has got to be the craziest game ever. With all the gaffs, penalties and turnovers...and with probably the worst safety group in the NFL we still almost won. Offense all over the place and both sides creating game changing turnovers. All I wanted was for Mahomes and the offense to have the ball at the end with a chance to win it. He did  (twice) and threw picks. For all the crying about the porous defense it was the turnovers that did us in. Mahomes will learn from this. How many times in years past would we have even been in a game like this? Chiefs are ascending. We need to get better talent on the D and PHII is learning as he goes...but we are right there.

Archived