Chiefs @ Rams GDT

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not the point, when he played well, many in here would give credit to everyone else but him because he's not flashy and that's OK. But put blame where ir belongs. If you give a QB credit when they throw 5 TDs and 400 yards then blame them when they turn the ball over 5 times.

Yes. He screwed up tonight for sure.

my original point was he’s in his 12th nfl game.

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I see there is no consoling some of you LOL!    The one advantage I see in Goff over Mahomes is experience. It's not a lot more experience, but it was enough in this game. 

All I'm asking is for equality for everyone. If player X made some mistakes that may or may not have caused the Chiefs to lose a game then say so. If player Y did something may or may not have caused the Chiefs to lose a game then say so. Just don't sugar coat it because a person's young.

Might want to slow your roll there some.  I think it's ok to point out his flaws in a game without disparaging the kid.

Spotting 21 points just isn't good, but still amazing to somehow get 6 TD's in an effort like that.  With that said, he was far from the only one making mistakes.  It was a high energy game on the road.  Shit happens.

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not the point, when he played well, many in here would give credit to everyone else but him because he's not flashy and that's OK. But put blame where ir belongs. If you give a QB credit when they throw 5 TDs and 400 yards then blame them when they turn the ball over 5 times.

Yet he drove us down the field to up 4 points with a little more than 2 minutes and no TO's in the game and the D couldn't stop them.  Actually didn't even remotely slow them down.   I acknowledged those turnovers hurt but the 2nd to last one he got hit throwing and the very last one he had 20 seconds left and a long way to go.  It was a mistake but he doesn't make either if the D can just do their job.   I've asked you once, when has a Bob Sutton D ever stopped someone to win the game?   I cannot remember a single game that mattered that the D has.   I'm sure there are one or two but over 5 years his mentality and scheme has produced a D that looks decent on paper but can never actually pass the eye test.   

Mahomes is generational type talent. We are lucky to finally have a QB of this caliber after the shit shows we've had behind center for decades. He threw those picks while playing to win the game. Hello? (Herm voice) 2 road losses to division leaders by a field goal each while scoring 91 points.

2 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Mahomes is generational type talent. We are lucky to finally have a QB of this caliber after the shit shows we've had behind center for decades. He threw those picks while playing to win the game. Hello? (Herm voice) 2 road losses to division leaders by a field goal each while scoring 91 points.

Yes yes yes

This has got to be the craziest game ever. With all the gaffs, penalties and turnovers...and with probably the worst safety tandem in the NFL we still almost beat them. Offense galore, game changing defensive plays and turnovers. I told my son, all I want is for Mahomes and the offense to have the ball at the end of the game with the chance to win. He came up short twice. He will learn from this

23 minutes ago, sith13 said:

To be fair last 2 turnovers were simply desperation throws as we had nothing to lose in the end. However the fumbles really hurt us. 

Could he have really avoided those fumbles? Donald came out of nowhere 

i only put one of the Turnovers on him.

two tipped balls for ints 

Can anybody tell me that they thought the refereeing tonight was good or unbiased?

Seriously, I feel like I am watching professional wrestling.

They’re going to call Tyreek for taunting because he flashed the peace sign, yet they don’t go after Suh for trying to hurt Mahomes when he was sliding?

How were there any legit penalties against our D in the Rams’ 1st offensive drive?

We lost the game with turnovers, but did any of you think this was a well-refereed game?  The NFL called “the best ref crew” in for this! In actuality, this was one of the worst reffed/most biased games I have ever seen?

Honestly guys, this feels like WWF, not NFL.  I’m almost done with the game.

2 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Can anybody tell me that they thought the refereeing tonight was good or unbiased?

They’re going to call Tyreek for taunting because he flashed the peace sign, yet they don’t go after Suh for trying to hurt Mahomes when he was sliding?

How were there any legit penalties against our D in the Rams’ 1st offensive drive?

We lost the game with turnovers, but did any of you think this was a well-refereed game?  The NFL called “the best ref crew” in for this! In actuality, this was one of the worst reffed/most biased games I have ever seen?

I've seen worse crews and even in this season. Overall Rams got the edge as any home field team does but IMO it wasn't as bad of a job by referees. They allowed more "tough" play than usual but I expect more of that going forward with all the rage against the pansy rules. 

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Could he have really avoided those fumbles? Donald came out of nowhere 

i only put one of the Turnovers on him.

two tipped balls for ints 

Donald looked like he was way too much for our OL to handle and not just those fumbles, he simply rushed some plays even when doubled. 

7 hours ago, SEMO said:

We don’t have a good team.  We have a great offense.  In games like these it is usually not enough.

They better blow up this defense in the offseason.  Jones is the only true keeper that I see.  Let all of the fa’s walk.  Maybe tag Ford.

well we know that's not going to happen...-

5 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

The best defensive lineman in football destroyed out backup interior line, we knew this would happen 

Not really unexpected but even when Fisher chipped in we got hauled badly. Putting up so many points with such a terrible OL play is really big. Not sure how realistic it is but we might have to consider spending some higher picks on backup OL going forward, it's clear that we have major durability issues and the 5 decent + 3 project backups isn't working. We need some Geoff Schwartz type backups there. 

6 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

#1- Not having a dog in this fight, I thought it was an average refereed game. Not horrible, not great.

#2- Alot of BS PI and DH penalties called tonight vs DB's on both teams- let them play as long as there is no grabbing of the jersey.

#3- Hill has done that Peace Sign thing before and according to the rules any symbol or gesture directed at an opponent is a taunting penalty.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/tyreek-hill-should-have-been-flagged-could-be-fined-for-peace-sign/

Archived