Chiefs @ Rams GDT

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Seeing that the Chiefs put up 576 yards and 44 points, I would say they held up pretty good against that line. Yes they made their plays as did the Chiefs D. Difference, Goff didn't throw any Ints.

Tipped or not, Ints are still Ints. They don't give the ball back if it's tipped or bounces off a receiver.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Seeing that the Chiefs put up 576 yards and 44 points, I would say they held up pretty good against that line. Yes they made their plays as did the Chiefs D. Difference, Goff didn't throw any Ints.

Tipped or not, Ints are still Ints. They don't give the ball back if it's tipped or bounces off a receiver.

I was merely referring people back to this thread as a comparison to what they thought vs what really happened

Again, my blame is on the defense and the turnovers.

50 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

They did overall, yes, but Donald wrecked us all night also, with those forced fumbles being the difference.

Just now, Legend of AC said:

They did overall, yes, but Donald wrecked us all night also, with those forced fumbles being the difference.

And that shit will happen. He's the reigning Defensive Player of the Year and possibly will be again this year. But, even with Donald's strip sacks they still had a good chance to win.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

Why did Hill try to run the ball out? Burnt valuable time and gave the Chiefs the ball on the 12 vs the 25.

Kelce dropped some passes he normally catches. 

Scandrick drops a possible game ending Int.

Mahomes turns the ball over five times, three of them turning into points.

The list could go on and on. Bottom line, they lost in a game where there was no defense played in either side, outside of a few plays.

I said it before and it sounds like the NFL and their talking heads are saying it now. Defense is a thing of the past. Fans wanted high scoring games and now they have it. The only people upset about the lack of D are the fans of their teams. I read a blurb from one of Rams defensive players, he said he knows they gave up a lot of points and yards but the league is what it is now, geared towards the offense. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And that shit will happen. He's the reigning Defensive Player of the Year and possibly will be again this year. But, even with Donald's strip sacks they still had a good chance to win.

Why did Hill try to run the ball out? Burnt valuable time and gave the Chiefs the ball on the 12 vs the 25.

The list could go on and on. Bottom line, they lost in a game where there was no defense played in either side, outside of a few plays.

I said it before and it sounds like the NFL and their talking heads are saying it now. Defense is a thing of the past. Fans wanted high scoring games and now they have it. The only people upset about the lack of D are the fans of their teams. I read a blurb from one of Rams defensive players, he said he knows they gave up a lot of points and yards but the league is what it is now, geared towards the offense. 

It truly is sad as to what the league has become- might as well just start each passing play with a PI call, and every run with a hold.

40 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yup.  It’s a QB-driven league and we have one of the best.  We probably get blown out in last nights game with Alex Smith at the helm.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't forget, block in the back on kick returns. 

"After the play was over, obligatory 'Block in the Back' penalty will be assessed from the 'alleged' spot of the foul- 1st down _________"

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Lucas just put his hand on the guy and it was a block in the back. I laughed 

That was a horrible call and the dude sold it too.....flop like a soccer player

I agree it’s fun not waiting , but this year I don’t mind. It’s mainly just me. The Chiefs and Mahomes have been getting so much attention , that I just want them to be semi-forgotten for a week. They’re never going to be under the radar now,  but I just want them to rest up, work on what they need to, and come back ready for the home stretch.

Got a chance to dissect more film this week.

Not going to talk about the Lenny era, as film from that is hard to find.

With that said, I can say without hesitation....even with the holes on the roster, this is the greatest Chiefs team I have ever seen.

Pat still has a lot of room to grow and when he does, this team will be completely unstoppable.  Think Andy is coaching this team for another 10 years.

Never in a million years would I have thought they'd hit the jackpot this hard.  It's completely insane.

Archived