Chiefs @ Rams GDT

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

To be fair his 2nd int he got hit as he was throwing it and the 3rd he was trying to force it with 20 seconds left.   He tried to hard but its not like he was throwing it right at dudes with a clean pocket.   We lost by 3 points in a nail biter.   We beat them by 21 if we reduce 5 TO's to just 2.   

I'd have to agree with you. 2 turn overs and we win

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

To be fair his 2nd int he got hit as he was throwing it and the 3rd he was trying to force it with 20 seconds left.   He tried to hard but its not like he was throwing it right at dudes with a clean pocket.   We lost by 3 points in a nail biter.   We beat them by 21 if we reduce 5 TO's to just 2.   

Exactly and to think about it, two defensive TDs, if they reduced it to only one then the Chiefs win.

11 minutes ago, artsy said:

I guess.  But the defense is still trash. I do hope mahomes learns from those picks though. He really was trying to hard..

Seriously. Kid is in his 12 start. He’s a stud. I’d hardly be questioning mahomes at this point.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

Seriously. Kid is in his 12 start. He’s a stud. I’d hardly be questioning mahomes at this point.

Are you going to say the same thing if he makes the same mistakes in the SB and the Chiefs lose. No, if he screwed up he screwed up. I don't care about his age or experience. What is it when they screw up off the field or do something that's controversial? Oh that's right, they know better, their professionals, that's why they get paid the big bucks.

The problem now days is people get free passes when they screw up. He screwed, tell him he did and move. You don't tell him, oh that's ok, everything will be rosie next time.🤮

4 minutes ago, Calichief said:

The doubts about pat in this thread is laughable. 

No doubts, just pointing out his fuck ups. Nobody has problems pointing out everyone else's screw ups. Yes I pointed out his mess ups but I don't believe I've ever said bench his ass or why isn't X, Y, or Z playing.

People make mistakes, learn from them and move on. 

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Are you going to say the same thing if he makes the same mistakes in the SB and the Chiefs lose. No, if he screwed up he screwed up. I don't care about his age or experience. What is it when they screw up off the field or do something that's controversial? Oh that's right, they know better, their professionals, that's why they get paid the big bucks.

The problem now days is people get free passes when they screw up. He screwed, tell him he did and move. You don't tell him, oh that's ok, everything will be rosie next time.🤮

Of course he make major mistakes.  But it's not wrong to consider that he's in his first year as a starter and has time and room to grow more than one who's played for several seasons or more.  That's not making excuses, it's just reality.

7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Exactly and to think about it, two defensive TDs, if they reduced it to only one then the Chiefs win.

No I get it, but that last drive is a matter of pride and heart and it was way too easy for them to score the last drive.  At some point you have to get a stop and I've yet to see a Bob Sutton Defense get a stop they had to have.    I know he does great in DVOA and other stats but at the end of the day when the game is on the line his defenses just don't get the job done.   I feel good even after that loss because Mahomes will learn and get better and our D should get a boost I hope from Berry but I think it time for a fresh start next year at DC.

Just now, jetlord said:

Of course he make major mistakes.  But it's not wrong to consider that he's in his first year as a starter and has time and room to grow more than one who's played for several seasons or more.  That's not making excuses, it's just reality.

If your kid screws the pooch royally, do you sugar coat it ir tell him the way it is? That's all I'm saying. 

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Huh?

im saying that he’s different. He’ll learn. He’s supremely talented.. 

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

No doubts, just pointing out his fuck ups. Nobody has problems pointing out everyone else's screw ups. Yes I pointed out his mess ups but I don't believe I've ever said bench his ass or why isn't X, Y, or Z playing.

People make mistakes, learn from them and move on. 

Dude, I wasn’t even talking about you in the first place.. wow 

No I get it, but that last drive is a matter of pride and heart and it was way too easy for them to score the last drive.  At some point you have to get a stop and I've yet to see a Bob Sutton Defense get a stop they had to have.    I know he does great in DVOA and other stats but at the end of the day when the game is on the line his defenses just don't get the job done.   I feel good even after that loss because Mahomes will learn and get better and our D should get a boost I hope from Berry but I think it time for a fresh start next year at DC.

And they probably won't stop anyone. But wait they have in the past, but the Chiefs are not going to make any coaching changes so live with it for this year and enjoy the ride.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't you do that with Bob Sutton though?   

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My point 

Just now, jetlord said:

I point out why he screwed up, then try to teach and expect him to do better in the same situation the next time. 

Exactly, but many in here would prefer to point at others deficiencies and ignore Mahomes. I call it on both sides, when he does good I'll give him credit, when he screws up I'll call him out. Isn't that what I heard during Alex Smith's days?

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Exactly, but many in here would prefer to point at others deficiencies and ignore Mahomes. I call it on both sides, when he does good I'll give him credit, when he screws up I'll call him out. Isn't that what I heard during Alex Smith's days?

Alex did the same old shit for years on end.

Don't you do that with Bob Sutton though?   

Nope, I don't blame coaches for shitty coverage, penalties and piss poor tackling. People like to put that on coaches and players they don't care for. I believe in personal responsibility, you know the stuff I hear many of you saying in the LR.

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Maybe it's because Smith had reached his upper limit and Mahomes hopefully hasn't.  Everyone watching the game knows what Mahomes did wrong on several plays but expect him to learn and not make those mistakes regularly. 

Just now, Calichief said:

Alex did the same old shit for years on end.

Not the point, when he played well, many in here would give credit to everyone else but him because he's not flashy and that's OK. But put blame where ir belongs. If you give a QB credit when they throw 5 TDs and 400 yards then blame them when they turn the ball over 5 times.

Archived