Scored 51 and lost

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was wondering why we didn't rely on Hunt more on those last two possessions. It's one thing to get your arm hit and the floater gets picked. Can't help that. But I saw the play from the end zone and it was like everyone went deep and there was nothing underneath. We had time outs and plenty of time on the clock. Why go for the massive chunk plays when we could methodically dink and dunk it down the field. At least get into field goal range. The turnovers were the difference ultimately.

Just now, dhitter said:

Yeah I was wondering why we didn't rely on Hunt more on those last two possessions. It's one thing to get your arm hit and the floater gets picked. Can't help that. But I saw the play from the end zone and it was like everyone went deep and there was nothing underneath. We had time outs and plenty of time on the clock. Why go for the massive chunk plays when we could methodically dink and dunk it down the field. At least get into field goal range. The turnovers were the difference ultimately.

Reid got too pass happy. They weren't stopping Hunt.

Where is this weird narrative that Sutton had a magic formula to stop Todd Gurley coming from?  I mean unless we're going to give him kudos for deploying a shit ass Pass D that the Rams had no choice but to exploit, I wouldn't give KC any credit.

Why run with Gurley when they could just absolutely sodomize that secondary.

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

Where is this weird narrative that Sutton had a magic formula to stop Todd Gurley coming from?  I mean unless we're going to give him kudos for deploying a shit ass Pass D that the Rams had no choice but to exploit, I wouldn't give KC any credit.

Why run with Gurley when they could just absolutely sodomize that secondary.

Tongue in cheek bro

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Totally  shortsighted!  Almost laughable.  But you need a scapegoat that goes beyond our turnovers. Wade Phillips defense got roasted with superior players.  

The only thing laughable here is you defending him in any way Mike. Bob Sutton is in charge of this defense. He is terrible at his job.

Wade Phillips is historically one of the best DCs in football. There is no comparison. This is not an aberration. This is what Sutton led defenses do. I dont give a shit if he had 2 top 10 defenses his first 2 years here. 

Andy Reid won 130 games in Philly. But his last 2 years there they stunk. And you know what? He got fired because of it. Thats accountability. This team is 9-1 because it has the most explosive offense in football. With a mediocre offense we are battling Oakland for last place.

Sutton needs to be fired.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The only thing laughable here is you defending him in any way Mike. Bob Sutton is in charge of this defense. He is terrible at his job.

Wade Phillips is historically one of the best DCs in football. There is no comparison. This is not an aberration. This is what Sutton led defenses do. I dont give a shit if he had 2 top 10 defenses his first 2 years here. 

Andy Reid won 130 games in Philly. But his last 2 years there they stunk. And you know what? He got fired because of it. Thats accountability. This team is 9-1 because it has the most explosive offense in football. With a mediocre offense we are battling Oakland for last place.

Suttin needs to be fired.

Considering his age I"m pretty sure that Reid knows he has a short window to win a SB before he gets canned for a terrible defense. He's way too loyal to his guys but I think Hunt will sit him down and talk some sense into him as early as this offseason and we'll see some changes at DC. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Considering his age I"m pretty sure that Reid knows he has a short window to win a SB before he gets canned for a terrible defense. He's way too loyal to his guys but I think Hunt will sit him down and talk some sense into him as early as this offseason and we'll see some changes at DC. 

nope seen this before.. ther will be at least one sacrificial assistant let go..say Emmitt Thomas for example.. things  wil have to emblode worst than they are and the fans  have to revolt..which they wont...much like the DV /GRob episode

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

nope seen this before.. ther will be at least one sacrificial assistant let go..say Emmitt Thomas for example.. things  wil have to emblose worst than they are and the fan  have to revolt..which they wont...much like the DV /GRob episode

You arent wrong. They had to fly banners to get their attention regarding Pioli.

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

nope seen this before.. ther will be at least one sacrificial assistant let go..say Emmitt Thomas for example.. things  wil have to emblode worst than they are and the fans  have to revolt..which they wont...much like the DV /GRob episode

At some point his love for a ring should outweigh his loyalty to useless coaches. It's clear that no GM is stupid enough to hire Sutton as a HC so unless Reid gets his head straight we are doomed even with Mahomes at helm. 

24 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Sutton needs to be fired.

We turned the ball over 5 times and gave up 2 defensive TDs.  That’s why we lost plain and simply.  

Archived