Scored 51 and lost

1 hour ago, dksww said:

I'm not disagreeing with your opinion on Sutton, I want a defensive rebuild in the off-season with him gone and a few players replaced.

However, the Chiefs made way too many mistakes on both sides of the ball;  13 penalties and 5 turnovers.  2 turnovers by the offense were returned for TDs by the Rams.

If you take away 1 of those return TDs by the Rams and half the penalties I'm guessing the Chiefs win the game by 7 to 10 points.

I don't know what team/defense that exists that can stop teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Saints and even the Steelers.  I mean, Wade Phillips is regarded as a top flight DC and his big name defense gave up 51 points at home. 

I've never seen anything like last night my whole life of watching football where a team gets penalized 13 times with 5 turnovers and still scores 51 points.

During the bye week, Reid needs to make cleaning up the penalties priority #1. 

Agree with all of this. There’s a handful of teams this year with legit Super Bowl chances. All of them are incredibly similar with explosive offenses, great QBs, innovative coaches and bottom tier ranked defenses.  

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

I remember DV used to have a chart, turn the ball over this many times and this is your chances of winning.  5 turnovers and - 3 in the turnover differential and I bet that percentage is 10 pct if not lower. 

Yep. It’s football 101. 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

nope seen this before.. ther will be at least one sacrificial assistant let go..say Emmitt Thomas for example.. things  wil have to emblode worst than they are and the fans  have to revolt..which they wont...much like the DV /GRob episode

I hope you are wrong on this.  The screen shot that I saw of Clark Hunt, he did not look happy,  had me think, What the hell is going on with this defense, we better make a few changes

The defense is beyond pathetic. But, our offense can beat anyone on any field. Last night was on Pat.  He knows that he has to protect the ball better.  But, with more experience he will not make those mistakes when desperation mode kicks in. Sadly, he knows that we need a touchdown on every play because this defense cannot stop anyone. 

The sky is the limit With Pat running the show.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

I'm not disagreeing with your opinion on Sutton, I want a defensive rebuild in the off-season with him gone and a few players replaced.

However, the Chiefs made way too many mistakes on both sides of the ball;  13 penalties and 5 turnovers.  2 turnovers by the offense were returned for TDs by the Rams.

If you take away 1 of those return TDs by the Rams and half the penalties I'm guessing the Chiefs win the game by 7 to 10 points.

I don't know what team/defense that exists that can stop teams like the Rams, Chiefs, Patriots, Saints and even the Steelers.  I mean, Wade Phillips is regarded as a top flight DC and his big name defense gave up 51 points at home. 

I've never seen anything like last night my whole life of watching football where a team gets penalized 13 times with 5 turnovers and still scores 51 points.

During the bye week, Reid needs to make cleaning up the penalties priority #1. 

good post here but I disagree with the #1 priority.  #1 should be get rid of Sutton or at least Hell of a ass ripping telling him to get it right or get out,  #2 should be penalties

I will just say this- most of the teams in contention now, are not playing like they did earlier.

Example- to try to compare the Steelers in week 12 to the team you beat in Pitt in week 2 is just nonsensical. They are a completely different team right now.

Same can be said for alot of teams.

So if I was a betting man, I would take Pitt over KC in KC in a playoff game right now. Steelers defense is playing a helluva lot better than 9 weeks ago and the Offense is humming along.

I would not look at one or two games as a microcosm of the season.

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I will just say this- most of the teams in contention now, are not playing like they did earlier.

Example- to try to compare the Steelers in week 12 to the team you beat in Pitt in week 2 is just nonsensical. They are a completely different team right now.

So if I was a betting man, I would take Pitt over KC in KC in a playoff game right now. Steelers defense is playing a helluva lot better than 9 weeks ago and the Offense is humming along.

That's weak man. Steelers are your rival and you wanna talk about them winning in the playoffs

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Dude shut the Hell up the Steelers are barely eaking out wins against teams that are pathetic. If you don’t have something at least intelligent to say then let me serve you a warm glass of shut the hell up! No way Pittsburg wins in KC!

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

This is a really bad take for someone that typically has at least decent ones.  

A KC/PIT rematch, if there is one, is happening in KC.  While they are playing better right now, they aren't tipping the scale on the road.

18 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

good post here but I disagree with the #1 priority.  #1 should be get rid of Sutton or at least Hell of a ass ripping telling him to get it right or get out,  #2 should be penalties

Well, I can't disagree, but we all now the Chiefs aren't going to fire their DC during the bye week. 

Pitt is playing better but in part that's due to the competition they are facing.  During their 6 game winning streak they have faced 1 team with a winning record.  I know they can only play who is on their schedule.  They have games against the Chargers Pats and Saints, let's see what they do against that competition.  

While Pitt should be Denver that game won't be an easy road win.  Denver at home has lost to KC, Rams and Texans by a combined 9 points.  Strange things happen in the thin air. 

13 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

That's weak man. Steelers are your rival and you wanna talk about them winning in the playoffs

While I loathe the Steelers, I am not blinded by the rivalry to the fact that they are a different team than previously in the season.

That is all- has nothing to do with my team or them.

12 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Dude shut the Hell up the Steelers are barely eaking out wins against teams that are pathetic. If you don’t have something at least intelligent to say then let me serve you a warm glass of shut the hell up! No way Pittsburg wins in KC!

LOL ....Look man, I am sorry...its just an observation. Relax.

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

This is a really bad take for someone that typically has at least decent ones.  

A KC/PIT rematch, if there is one, is happening in KC.  While they are playing better right now, they aren't tipping the scale on the road.

Like I said, do not look at one game as a microcosm. Jax is what you are looking at.

5 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Pitt is playing better but in part that's due to the competition they are facing.  During their 6 game winning streak they have faced 1 team with a winning record.  I know they can only play who is on their schedule.  They have games against the Chargers Pats and Saints, let's see what they do against that competition.  

And the Chiefs have played what? 4? Exactly you play who is on your schedule so please remember that when it comes to all teams.....

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

While I loathe the Steelers, I am not blinded by the rivalry to the fact that they are a different team than previously in the season.

That is all- has nothing to do with my team or them.

LOL ....Look man, I am sorry...its just an observation. Relax.

Like I said, do not look at one game as a microcosm. Jax is what you are looking at.

You can spin whatever narrative you like, but it's stupid as hell.  The Chiefs have 2 losses on the road, by less than 10 points combined, against 2 of the best teams in the NFL with lots of home team bias in calls on a gigantic stage -- and you think the Steelers are going to walk into KC and take care of business?  Did you add crack cocaine to your coffee today?

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

And the Chiefs have played what? 4? Exactly you play who is on your schedule so please remember that when it comes to all teams.....

ya, but we went 5-1 against LAC, PIT, SF, DEN, CIN(good at the time) and NE with 4 of those on the road

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

You can spin whatever narrative you like, but it's stupid as hell.  The Chiefs have 2 losses on the road, by less than 10 points combined, against 2 of the best teams in the NFL with lots of home team bias in calls on a gigantic stage -- and you think the Steelers are going to walk into KC and take care of business?  Did you add crack cocaine to your coffee today?

I think this is exactly what is going to happen. We are going to play a team with a high powered offense and lose 44-40 in the playoffs. If this defense was MEDIOCRE we are the best team in football. Hands down. Shit they may be the best team in the league if their defense was even BAD. But they aren't. They are pathetic.

And you guys are right. All the best teams in the league have dominant offenses and crappy defenses. Ours just happens to be the worst of the bunch, and I think its going to cost us a ring this year.

Side note: You were right about Erving. Not just against Aaron Donald either. That dude sucks. Hes worse rhan the 2 backups next to him. 

Meh.  Sometimes people just need to give good players their dues.

Aaron Donald owned that entire interior OL at points and it's not a fluke that he'll be DPotY again in a landslide.  

Cam Erving is subpar, but I don't think he stood a chance even if he were a little better.

That game last night was about great players making great plays to try and get ghe win, and a jack off crew trying to force themselves into the game to audition for playoff action, with a dash of double tragedy card played.

28 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think this is exactly what is going to happen. We are going to play a team with a high powered offense and lose 44-40 in the playoffs. If this defense was MEDIOCRE we are the best team in football. Hands down. Shit they may be the best team in the league if their defense was even BAD. But they aren't. They are pathetic.

And you guys are right. All the best teams in the league have dominant offenses and crappy defenses. Ours just happens to be the worst of the bunch, and I think its going to cost us a ring this year.

Side note: You were right about Erving. Not just against Aaron Donald either. That dude sucks. Hes worse rhan the 2 backups next to him. 

I can see this scenario playing out.  Our defense cannot be counted on to stop anyone at any time.  

44 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

WTF is your problem? I never attack anyone personally. I offered my opinion and said that I would bet on Pitt in  game in KC. Doesn't mean I win.

Crack cocaine- yea sure. JFC

48 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

41 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Put the crack pipe down according LF....

11 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I can see this scenario playing out.  Our defense cannot be counted on to stop anyone at any time.  

41 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It may cost us a ring this year, but it doesn't mean it will in the future.

I think no matter what happens Reid and Veach overhaul the defenisve coaching staff and replace some of the players like Scandrick, Ragland, Sorenson, etc,.

Archived