Scored 51 and lost

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

WTF is your problem? I never attack anyone personally. I offered my opinion and said that I would bet on Pitt in  game in KC. Doesn't mean I win.

Crack cocaine- yea sure. JFC

Your opinion doesn't really contain logic.  

The Steelers D is still bad.  Why is it they beat up on bad teams and the D is hood, but the Chiefs D beats up on bad teams and well LOOK AT THE OPPONENT???

Ben played out of his fucking mind against the Chiefs at home, and they still lost.  I have no idea where you're gathering your theory for this gambling theory 

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

The old "We crushed them and ruined their season" line of reasoning....

10 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

The old "We crushed them and ruined their season" line of reasoning....

they were 4-2 at the time and have been dreadful since. 

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Your opinion doesn't really contain logic.  

The Steelers D is still bad.  Why is it they beat up on bad teams and the D is hood, but the Chiefs D beats up on bad teams and well LOOK AT THE OPPONENT???

Ben played out of his fucking mind against the Chiefs at home, and they still lost.  I have no idea where you're gathering your theory for this gambling theory 

IN YOUR OPINION it doesn't.

I never said anything about the Chiefs opponents except the teams at week 2 are not the same as at week 11. What can't you understand about that?

I would have loved to win this one just like I would have loved to win the NE game, but I was actually encouraged after both losses.  We had a rough start in both games and would have won both of these games on the road, against good teams, if it weren't for a few things we should be able to clean up.  This game is a learning experience and it will make us better in the long run.

Basically it comes down to this, with are offense we will be in any game with a good chance to win. With the defense we have we can't afford the amount turnovers and penalties we had last night. If rams had the 5 turnovers and the penalties last night we win going away.

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

IN YOUR OPINION it doesn't.

I never said anything about the Chiefs opponents except the teams at week 2 are not the same as at week 11. What can't you understand about that?

I'm saying the Steelers really don't look any better than they did in the first match up, and would have to pull it off on the road.  You're passive aggressively lapdog'ing for the Steelers without any actual substance, which is the point and something you have yet to even have a rebuttal on beyond hurr I guess?

What actual points do you have that would have you believing that the Steelers are the scrappy wonder dogs that will pull off the upset, or is it just wanting to be the contrarian?

The Steelers aren't a better road team.

Ask the Broncos what more tape did for them.  An actual quality Defense.

The Steelers and Patriots shell up on the road while the Chiefs light up the score board.

The Chiefs Offense is so good, they are still the best AFC team even with a garbage Defense.  Look at the standings.

Have some actual substance.

8 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm saying the Steelers really don't look any better than they did in the first match up, and would have to pull it off on the road.  

You're passive aggressively lapdog'ing for the Steelers without any actual substance, which is the point and something you have yet to even have a rebuttal on beyond hurr I guess?

What actual points do you have that would have you believing that the Steelers are the scrappy wonder dogs that will pull off the upset, or is it just wanting to be the contrarian?

#1- thats YOUR opinion

#2- My team played them twice- home and away. And I have watched every game of theirs this year so I have seen the improvement.

#3- Maybe yoou should go back and look at the Steelers defense since the loss to KC. I am not doing your homework for you.

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

#1- thats YOUR opinion

#2- My team played them twice- home and away. And I have watched every game of theirs this year so I have seen the improvement.

#3- Maybe yoou should go back and look at the Steelers defense since the loss to KC. I am not doing your homework for you.

Gave up 27 points to awful TB in a W.

Lost to BAL 23-16

then beat the Falcons, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Panthers and Jaguars.  all bad teams with drab offenses.

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I thought defensive game plan was solid. Sell out to stop Gurley and not let the Rams control the clock. This left us very succeptable to big plays which we countered by trying to get after Goff.

When we didn’t get to him the solo coverage with no safety help was going to give up big plays but they really went after and crushed Scandrick. Ironically if Scandrick holds onto the ball the game would have been over as they had no timeouts. Brutal night for him. 

In short we looked perfectly content with a game plan of getting into a Mahomes vs Goff track meet.  Unfortunately Mahomes brilliance wasn’t able to overcome his own turnovers in this plan. He just got too greedy and held ball too long or tried to force a few plays there were better options         

Bottom line is we turned the ball over 5 times on the road against a great team and still had a very legit chance to win. That’s pretty remarkable. Clean that up and get a little more from defense and we have a real shot to be playing in Atlanta in February.  

This is spot on. 

26 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I wouldn't be touting that as a point of emphasis if my team wore Red and Gold.

WTF are you talking about?  You said to go back and look at the defensive performance of the Steelers after the Chiefs' game.  That's who they played after KC.

Mahomes only turns the ball over 3 times if Scandrick just catches that ball or they come up with a big stop at a key point in time.  Something Bobs defens has hardly ever been able to do.   Mahomes drives us down leaving a little over 2 minutes and no timeouts and we can’t even come close to stopping them.   The next possession he got hit throwing the ball and the final throw was desperation.  His mistakes cost us last night for sure and he will have to clean that up but the defense had a 3rd and long and couldn’t get off field, dropped an easy int and then just plain dropped the ball as a unit for an easy TD.  I mean a fg still wins us that game.  I’m realistic and know there is no such thing as holding great offensive teams tonunder 20 but there are times in games where it comes down to one or two plays to seal and victory and our D cannot do it and they haven’t shown that ability much at all during Sutton’s tenure. Our mentality has been soft because he is a bend and don’t break kind of coach.   

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Ha ha.....guess you don't know me if you think I am happy with the Tim Tebow show 2.0

I will say this. I heard a Louisville beat writer on the radio last week say that the entire program was a complete hoax of mediocrity that was hidden because Lamar Jackson was THAT good. Pretty strong statement. Now no doubt Tim Tebow was also that good in college too so it does need to be kept in perspective. 

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Mahomes only turns the ball over 3 times if Scandrick just catches that ball or they come up with a big stop at a key point in time.  Something Bobs defens has hardly ever been able to do.   Mahomes drives us down leaving a little over 2 minutes and no timeouts and we can’t even come close to stopping them.   The next possession he got hit throwing the ball and the final throw was desperation.  His mistakes cost us last night for sure and he will have to clean that up but the defense had a 3rd and long and couldn’t get off field, dropped an easy int and then just plain dropped the ball as a unit for an easy TD.  I mean a fg still wins us that game.  I’m realistic and know there is no such thing as holding great offensive teams tonunder 20 but there are times in games where it comes down to one or two plays to seal and victory and our D cannot do it and they haven’t shown that ability much at all during Sutton’s tenure. Our mentality has been soft because he is a bend and don’t break kind of coach.   

The Chiefs defense forced a three and out down by 3 that gave us the ball and eventually the lead back. The Rams then respond with a TD after Scandrick dropped what would have been the game winner. But we had plenty of time to run underneath routes and should have played for the FG unless they gave us solo coverage outside. Mahomes forces issue and throws the INT. But we get another three and out and get another chance for the offense. Another INT. The Rams were also 5-14 on third down. The defense provided opportunities for the offense to win the game. 

All that said the two defenses got roasted for big plays over and over no doubt. They also got heat on both QBs with eight total sacks and four forced fumbles. Ultimately though we lost this game for one reason. We made more critical mistakes than they did. We should aspire to provide a defense which can win games on occasion even against good offenses. Do that next year and we will be legit Super Bowl favorites. Just not in the cards this year. The defensive talent suggests a unit thats complimentary in nature and gives the dominant offense a chance to win.  Its our road to Atlanta and one that absolutely can work and has worked this year. But as you said at some crucial time we are going to need Scandrick or some other defender to catch that ball. 

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

forced 4 punts all game. Need more than that against the Rams.

4 punts and two turnovers. That is plenty to beat the Rams. Problem is the Chiefs turned it over five times. Two for scores. 

If someone would have told me the Chiefs defense would force four punts and two turnovers I'd say they won the game by two scores.  Normally...

2 hours ago, dksww said:

WTF are you talking about?  You said to go back and look at the defensive performance of the Steelers after the Chiefs' game.  That's who they played after KC.

I didn't tell you to do anything.

They gave up 27 to FitzMagic in the third game of the season that was AT Tampa Bay and then 26 to a Division rival who, at the time, was rolling on offense.

Since then, its been no more than 21 and in an away game

19 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

4 punts and two turnovers. That is plenty to beat the Rams. Problem is the Chiefs turned it over five times. Two for scores. 

If someone would have told me the Chiefs defense would force four punts and two turnovers I'd say they won the game by two scores.  Normally...

Wha, wha.....what? That was the inference. "need more"

Archived