Scored 51 and lost

22 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I didn't tell you to do anything.

They gave up 27 to FitzMagic in the third game of the season that was AT Tampa Bay and then 26 to a Division rival who, at the time, was rolling on offense.

Since then, its been no more than 21 and in an away game

so again, those teams are  the Falcons, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Panthers and Jaguars.

They're offensive rankings are 6th, 26th, 18th, 12th, 15th and 21st.  On average, they've been facing the 16th ranked offense the past 6 weeks. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like the NE game, it was whoever got the ball last.  We can be as pissed as we want, the basic truth is that we scored 51 points against a 9-1 team on the road.  In KC or a neutral site, we win that game.  Oh, did I mention?  Aaron Donald is the best D lineman I have ever seen in my life.  If we had Berry, and Donald were out, the game would not have even been close.  It shows what happens when your best defensive player is or is not playing.

19 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Just like the NE game, it was whoever got the ball last.  We can be as pissed as we want, the basic truth is that we scored 51 points against a 9-1 team on the road.  In KC or a neutral site, we win that game.  Oh, did I mention?  Aaron Donald is the best D lineman I have ever seen in my life.  If we had Berry, and Donald were out, the game would not have even been close.  It shows what happens when your best defensive player is or is not playing.

That's not entirely true.  We had the ball last and threw a pick.  So it wasn't the last one to have the ball wins 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

That's not entirely true.  We had the ball last and threw a pick.  So it wasn't the last one to have the ball wins 

You're being argumentative for its own sake.  Whoever had the ball last who actually had time to score without throwing Hail Mary passes.  There.  Is that better?  :lol:

I'll bet a lot of other people had this same thought:  The pendulum has swung too far toward offense, and for the sake of television ratings.  But in many respects, this is kind of boring.  These games are unbalanced.  in my opinion, the game would be restored to balance, beauty, and suspense by cutting out all the ridiculous penalties that favor offense.  A helmet hit that is purposeful by appearance is one thing.  But when a guy leaves his feet to make a tackle and gets in position to make it, and the guy being tackled moves his head down into it accidentally, it shouldn't be called.  Also, pass interference penalties are totally out of hand.  Receivers always have the upper  hand, because they are the one's making the moves, and defensive players have to react.  Defensive players should be allowed to be a little more "grabby."   I find unlimited offense to be a bit boring. The statistics become meaningless. And fans don't want to see every other play end in a penalty, either.  Time for the rules to allow the pendulum to swing back the other way.  Dominant, amazing franchise QB's still will make their teams successful and perennial contenders like they did in the past.  But seeing your defense be constantly torched and feeling like half of your team being boobs is no fun for any fan.

The league it seems has sold the game out a little bit for ratings, but those ratings are going to drop if the games are all just shootouts.  I know it works both ways.  Offensive lines literally HAVE to hold in order to protect franchise QB's from physical freaks like Aaron Donald and the like.  But mostly, rules have tilted too heavily toward offense.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Wha, wha.....what? That was the inference. "need more"

No need to be chippy, Mittens.  I wasn't arguing with you.  I was merely stating what the team accomplished on defense should have been enough to win.  Unfortunately, the Chiefs made more mistakes than the Rams.

11 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

No need to be chippy, Mittens.  I wasn't arguing with you.  I was merely stating what the team accomplished on defense should have been enough to win.  Unfortunately, the Chiefs made more mistakes than the Rams.

Chippy? LOL

MORE is what the Chiefs turned over.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Gave? Strip sack and an INT returned for TDs are not given. Both those plays were earned. Wheres the 21 come from?

By gave he means it was not an offensive drive that the defense allowed points. 21 were off turnovers with 14 of them being TDs that the defense never saw the field and the other with less than 10 yards to go for a td.

14 hours ago, dksww said:

so again, those teams are  the Falcons, Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Panthers and Jaguars.

They're offensive rankings are 6th, 26th, 18th, 12th, 15th and 21st.  On average, they've been facing the 16th ranked offense the past 6 weeks. 

And the Chiefs have played the avg of the 23rd ranked defense in the last six games. Pitt is ranked 6th in yards and 10th in points.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

By gave he means it was not an offensive drive that the defense allowed points. 21 were off turnovers with 14 of them being TDs that the defense never saw the field and the other with less than 10 yards to go for a td.

Then you have to negate one for the Fumble on the 2 yd line that the Chiefs defense scored.

Just now, Handswarmer said:

Then you have to negate one for the Fumble on the 2 yd line that the Chiefs defense scored.

Not getting in a this or that. All he was saying is the defense did not give up 54 points. I just pointed out what he might be thinking. Even if we get one back it still is 14 more points to them and the win.

Just now, kkuenn said:

Not getting in a this or that. All he was saying is the defense did not give up 54 points. I just pointed out what he might be thinking. Even if we get one back it still is 14 more points to them and the win.

I do agree but I was saying the Defense of the Rams earned those two scores- not given to them

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

And the Chiefs have played the avg of the 23rd ranked defense in the last six games. Pitt is ranked 6th in yards and 10th in points.

Yea the chiefs offense has benefited by playing bad defenses, that's totally it. 

Jennifer Lawrence Ok GIF

Steelers might be playing better lately in your opinion but it's against bad offenses (Balt and Cleveland twice, choke artist Dalton and Cam/Ryan who are notoriously terrible on the road and also both are mired in losing streaks) but it's like you think the Chiefs offense is slowing down or something?  You forget that when we jumped all over Pitt that was Mahomes 3rd ever NFL game.

21 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Yea the chiefs offense has benefited by playing bad defenses, that's totally it. 

Steelers might be playing better lately in your opinion but it's against bad offenses (Balt and Cleveland twice, choke artist Dalton and Cam/Ryan who are notoriously terrible on the road and also both are mired in losing streaks) but it's like you think the Chiefs offense is slowing down or something?  You forget that when we jumped all over Pitt that was Mahomes 3rd ever NFL game.

Now you are just arguing to to argue- you pointed out who the Steelers played, I pointed out who the Chiefs played.

And Pitt's defense is much better than it was in Week 2. Why can't you at least entertain that thought? Are the Ravens as good as they were when they scored on 12 straight Red Zone possesions to start the season? No they are not. and thats my point.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Now you are just arguing to to argue- you pointed out who the Steelers played, I pointed out who the Chiefs played.

And Pitt's defense is much better than it was in Week 2. Why can't you at least entertain that thought? Are the Ravens as good as they were when they scored on 12 straight Red Zone possesions to start the season? No they are not. and thats my point.

Pot meet kettle. 

At this point our Safeties might be the worst in the league. There has been some resemblance of life at CBs but with more tape out there teams can study our weaknesses and exploit them just like the Rams did with Scandrick. 

We have a pretty good pass rush but I'm not sure if it'll be enough going forward as long as the opponents have multiple viable receivers. Reminds me of Houston and Hali failing to get anything done against Manning in their prime. Sutton should be making some major changes over the bye otherwise I don't see our offense being enough to beat some hot teams with better defenses in the playoffs. 

13 hours ago, sith13 said:

At this point our Safeties might be the worst in the league. There has been some resemblance of life at CBs but with more tape out there teams can study our weaknesses and exploit them just like the Rams did with Scandrick. 

We have a pretty good pass rush but I'm not sure if it'll be enough going forward as long as the opponents have multiple viable receivers. Reminds me of Houston and Hali failing to get anything done against Manning in their prime. Sutton should be making some major changes over the bye otherwise I don't see our offense being enough to beat some hot teams with better defenses in the playoffs. 

i agree. i’m not to sure what we can do except the return of berry. scadrick was a after thought so don’t expect him to be lights out. we need berry and more of a aggressive pass rush whether thru blitzing or stunts. we don’t have the personal except berry to make a huge impact. i just hope we get home field. our d needs a overhaul which i thought they did. 

On 11/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll bet a lot of other people had this same thought:  The pendulum has swung too far toward offense, and for the sake of television ratings.  But in many respects, this is kind of boring.  These games are unbalanced.  in my opinion, the game would be restored to balance, beauty, and suspense by cutting out all the ridiculous penalties that favor offense.  A helmet hit that is purposeful by appearance is one thing.  But when a guy leaves his feet to make a tackle and gets in position to make it, and the guy being tackled moves his head down into it accidentally, it shouldn't be called.  Also, pass interference penalties are totally out of hand.  Receivers always have the upper  hand, because they are the one's making the moves, and defensive players have to react.  Defensive players should be allowed to be a little more "grabby."   I find unlimited offense to be a bit boring. The statistics become meaningless. And fans don't want to see every other play end in a penalty, either.  Time for the rules to allow the pendulum to swing back the other way.  Dominant, amazing franchise QB's still will make their teams successful and perennial contenders like they did in the past.  But seeing your defense be constantly torched and feeling like half of your team being boobs is no fun for any fan.

The league it seems has sold the game out a little bit for ratings, but those ratings are going to drop if the games are all just shootouts.  I know it works both ways.  Offensive lines literally HAVE to hold in order to protect franchise QB's from physical freaks like Aaron Donald and the like.  But mostly, rules have tilted too heavily toward offense.

A lot of people have been discussing this. I disbelieve the league is changing into this offensive groove as of yet. I'd say the defenses of this season are in a slump, but the games aren't that out of touch with old school style football. It's turning into a passing league, obviously, but the games are still low scoring and grinding out. The chiefs/rams debacle was just an inzane game. Both of these teams have the best offenses in the league, what happened was expected and is a very rare occurance

That being said, the chiefs are themselves revolutionizing offense with the extradorinary amount of talent they have on that side of the team. Each position is covered with a top 5 player in the league. And with Andy Reid's obssesive behavior over his offensive schemes, we might be witnessing the greatest offense the league has ever seen. That's why we feel the league is changing, but in actuality we are just that damn good on offense and almost every game with be high scoring for us. 

17 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

A lot of people have been discussing this. I disbelieve the league is changing into this offensive groove as of yet. I'd say the defenses of this season are in a slump, but the games aren't that out of touch with old school style football. It's turning into a passing league, obviously, but the games are still low scoring and grinding out. The chiefs/rams debacle was just an inzane game. Both of these teams have the best offenses in the league, what happened was expected and is a very rare occurance

That being said, the chiefs are themselves revolutionizing offense with the extradorinary amount of talent they have on that side of the team. Each position is covered with a top 5 player in the league. And with Andy Reid's obssesive behavior over his offensive schemes, we might be witnessing the greatest offense the league has ever seen. That's why we feel the league is changing, but in actuality we are just that damn good on offense and almost every game with be high scoring for us. 

We are unbelievably good on offense.  I've been following this team intensly since 1969, and we have never had an offense like this.  We won't always have all these playmankers.  Guys will get hurt, retire, or move on, but with Mahomes and a few playmakers, we will always be able to score a lot of points.  I just don't believe that hamstringing great defensive players with excessive rules that favor offense is necessary to keep the game great,. I find it frustrating and interest-killing to see yellow flags thrown on half the plays. Remember that the offensive holding calls are also a result of this, because in a league that values the great passing QB over all other considerations, offensive linemen have to protect their prize QB at any cost. It is just as easy to protect the QB by using the running game more, so that rushers cannot just tee off on them all the time.

Archived