Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

KC— @ Raiders, Ravens, Chargers, @ Seahawks, Raiders

NE — @ Jets, Vikings, @ Dolphins, @ Steelers, Bills

Pittsburgh — @ Broncos, Chargers, @ Raiders, Patriots, @ Saints, Bengals

I think KC drops one more game, but possibly two if we have a flub @ Seattle.  We’ll say 13-3 though based on us likely sweeping the Raiders and beating the Ravens at home.

NE seems likely to finish 12-4 in my view, with a potential loss coming either at Pittsburgh (most likely) or even at Miami, although losing to the Dolphins late in the year isn’t like Belichick.  

Pittsburgh has four potential losses - @ Denver, Chargers, NE, and then at the Saints.  It’s not likely the Saints rest their starters because they’ll be competing for HFA with the Rams.  I think Pittsburgh drops at least the Saints game, with NE being a strong possibility and LA and Denver the wild-cards.  So, let’s say 12-3-1.    

This scenario gives the Chiefs HFA throughout because we own the tiebreaker with Pittsburgh.  Obviously, the Chiefs have very little room for error here.  If we somehow manage to lose 2 of the next 5, it’s a given we’ll be playing on the road.  Chiefs control their own destiny, what say you?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

I think KC drops one more game, but possibly two if we have a flub @ Seattle.  We’ll say 13-3 though based on us likely sweeping the Raiders and beating the Ravens at home.

NE seems likely to finish 12-4 in my view, with a potential loss coming either at Pittsburgh (most likely) or even at Miami, although losing to the Dolphins late in the year isn’t like Belichick.  

Pittsburgh has three potential losses - @ Denver, NE, and then at the Saints.  It’s not likely the Saints rest their starters because they’ll be competing for HFA with the Rams.  I think Pittsburgh drops at least the Saints game, with NE being a strong possibility and Denver the wild-card.  So, let’s say 13-3.  

This scenario gives the Chiefs HFA throughout because we own the tiebreaker with Pittsburgh.  Obviously, the Chiefs have very little room for error here.  If we somehow manage to lose 2 of the next 5, it’s a given we’ll be playing on the road.  Chiefs control their own destiny, what say you?

Can't ask for more than to control our own destiny for the 1 seed with 5 weeks to go. But leary of reality even with loss the Chargers could still steal the division so sweeping Raiders or beating Chargers again is paramount of importance. Ravens and Seahawks games are tricky because they will be playing for their playoff lives in both. Tie breaker really isn't relevant with Pittsburgh unless someone ties another game, but that schedule looks brutal. Pats will lose one more. And you better add Texans into the mix because they play nobody other than an Eagles team that may be eliminated by then. 

One thing is absolutely certain. This team is going to be battle tested going into January. 

25 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Pittsburgh has four potential losses - @ Denver, Chargers, NE, and then at the Saints.  It’s not likely the Saints rest their starters because they’ll be competing for HFA with the Rams.  I think Pittsburgh drops at least the Saints game, with NE being a strong possibility and LA and Denver the wild-cards.  So, let’s say 12-3-1.    

12-4 we could still get home field? 

I think we will lose 2 more 

Just now, xen said:

I don't see it.  I think we win out.  Seahags offense can't hang with ours and no more legion of boom.  Our other tough games are at home.  

I just see us having 1 weird loss. We haven’t had “that game” yet.

maybe we won’t, I don’t know.

it could be my years of shell shock ;)

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Can't ask for more than to control our own destiny for the 1 seed with 5 weeks to go. But leary of reality even with loss the Chargers could still steal the division so sweeping Raiders or beating Chargers again is paramount of importance. Ravens and Seahawks games are tricky because they will be playing for their playoff lives in both. Tie breaker really isn't relevant with Pittsburgh unless someone ties another game, but that schedule looks brutal. Pats will lose one more. And you better add Texans into the mix because they play nobody other than an Eagles team that may be eliminated by then. 

One thing is absolutely certain. This team is going to be battle tested going into January. 

Houston remaining schedule:

Titans, Browns, Colts, @ Jets, @ Eagles, Jaguars.  

They will drop at least two of those I bet.

20 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I just see us having 1 weird loss. We haven’t had “that game” yet.

maybe we won’t, I don’t know.

it could be my years of shell shock ;)

The weird loss in my view would be the Ravens.  They match up well with us defensively and historically have given us problems.  Still, at full offensive strength I don’t see how they hang unless we turn the ball over 5 times.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

NE seems likely to finish 12-4 in my view, with a potential loss coming either at Pittsburgh (most likely) or even at Miami, although losing to the Dolphins late in the year isn’t like Belichick.  Pittsburgh has four potential losses - @ Denver, Chargers, NE, and then at the Saints.  It’s not likely the Saints rest their starters because they’ll be competing for HFA with the Rams.  I think Pittsburgh drops at least the Saints game, with NE being a strong possibility and LA and Denver the wild-cards.  So, let’s say 12-3-1.    

I think the Chiefs and Pats lose 1 more game is all.  Pit could lose up to 3.  Chiefs get HFA.

Win out and don’t see it being a issue. Can anyone give me a good reason on why they won’t besides “weird feeling” or “haven’t had that game yet”?  

No team left can hang.  I honestly think last nights game was our “Bad Game”.  We should not of even been in that game with as many turnovers and points we gave up.  

I was at last nights game and the feeling was that we beat ourselves NOT that Rams beat us.  

49 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

The weird loss in my view would be the Ravens.  They match up well with us defensively and historically have given us problems.  Still, at full offensive strength I don’t see how they hang unless we turn the ball over 5 times.

If it was the 1st 3 weeks of the season when our offense was working, I would agree.

Only way that happens again if is Flacco returns healthy and slings it all over the field.

I think we win in a shootout with LAC, we will be too much for Seattle, and the only game I really question is the Ravens game. Simply because if Lamar Jackson is starting and running, I'm not convince we can stop a team that sells out with the run against us. We can score quick, but if PM can't get on the field due to clock control that can become an issue. 

But realistically, I think we can win out and wrap up HFA.

32 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

If it was the 1st 3 weeks of the season when our offense was working, I would agree.

Only way that happens again if is Flacco returns healthy and slings it all over the field.

I would actually be alot more worried about them with Jackson at QB and running the option all day

9 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Not saying they will for sure, but looking at things...not sure why the Chiefs can't go undefeated the last 6 weeks.

They have the Raiders twice, Baltimore at home and the Chargers at home on a short week.

The only real threat I see is Seattle and their Defense is a shell of its former self.

I agree, the Seahawks offense could give us issues.

Seattle is a Sunday night game.  It wouldn't really surprise me if by kickoff of that game HFA isn't decided.  

I don't see Pitt beating the Saints in New Orleans.  They drop one game between now and that game, which is possible, then if they don't beat NO that puts them at 4 loses and we hold the tiebreaker over them. 

Pats are 2-3 on the road this year and BB has a losing road record against Miami.  They could conceivably lose to Miami and then to Pitt so our loss to them wouldn't mean anything regarding HFA.  

Not out of the realm of possibility that by the time we kickoff against Seattle HFA is decided. 

Archived