Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dksww said:

I would actually be alot more worried about them with Jackson at QB and running the option all day

While that would control the clock, it would have to be mistake free because of Mahome's penchant for scoring in 3-4-5 play drives and 2:30+/-

And what would that do to LJ's develop[ment as a QB? Lots of hits to absorb.

The Charger's loss makes it' real tough for them to catch KC in the division.  KC basically has a 2 game lead on them at this point.

Even if the Chargers beat KC (don't see it), if KC wins both games against the Raiders they will have a 5-1 division record.  The Chargers at best will have a 4-2 record (assuming they take out the Broncos at Mile High).  That means the Chargers have to be 2 games better than the Chiefs with 5 to go.  Tall order considering their schedules (the Chargers would actually have to beat a team with a winning record -- hasn't happened yet).

4 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Houston remaining schedule:

Titans, Browns, Colts, @ Jets, @ Eagles, Jaguars.  

They will drop at least two of those I bet.

Sure don't see that.  At one time I thought the Eagles would beat them at home, but they may be out of playoff contention by then and there's no other tough game for HOU on the road.  13-3 is a real possibility for the Texans.  Same for NE.  The game at PIT is their only real challenge and we may be more interested in seeing PIT lose than NE if the Chiefs drop two more games.  I have PIT down for two more losses.  No one can beat NO right now and playing in week 15 means NO won't have home field wrapped up yet.  Maybe if the Chargers can upset PIT, we can hope for a win over NE to help us.  LAC will lose at least one more, probably two and seem most likely to be the #5 seed.  That leaves the Chiefs.  In spite of the loss last night, they are in better shape than anyone barring possibly HOU.  Hard to imagine losing to OAK.  It's really good that they get BAL and LAC in Arrowhead.  Should be wins, but on any given Sunday.............  The SEA game worries me the most.  They may still be in the wildcard hunt and very dangerous at home.

KC 13-3 could fall to 12-4 or could win out, but one more loss is a good average.

HOU 13-3 more likely 12-4

NE 13-3 could slip at PIT to 12-4

PIT 11-4-1 unless they beat NE or NO

LAC 11-5

Does anyone know how the tie breaker would work with HOU?  That's the most likely chance to have it come into play.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Sure don't see that.  At one time I thought the Eagles would beat them at home, but they may be out of playoff contention by then and there's no other tough game for HOU on the road.  13-3 is a real possibility for the Texans.  Same for NE.  The game at PIT is their only real challenge and we may be more interested in seeing PIT lose than NE if the Chiefs drop two more games.  I have PIT down for two more losses.  No one can beat NO right now and playing in week 15 means NO won't have home field wrapped up yet.  Maybe if the Chargers can upset PIT, we can hope for a win over NE to help us.  LAC will lose at least one more, probably two and seem most likely to be the #5 seed.  That leaves the Chiefs.  In spite of the loss last night, they are in better shape than anyone barring possibly HOU.  Hard to imagine losing to OAK.  It's really good that they get BAL and LAC in Arrowhead.  Should be wins, but on any given Sunday.............  The SEA game worries me the most.  They may still be in the wildcard hunt and very dangerous at home.

KC 13-3 could fall to 12-4 or could win out, but one more loss is a good average.

HOU 13-3 more likely 12-4

NE 13-3 could slip at PIT to 12-4

PIT 11-4-1 unless they beat NE or NO

LAC 11-5

Does anyone know how the tie breaker would work with HOU?  That's the most likely chance to have it come into play.

Tiebreaker would go to conference record I believe.

Divisional tiebreakers Conference tiebreakers
  1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (games played against the same opponents).
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).
  6. Strength of schedule (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has played against).
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
  2. Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties among three or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
  6. Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Interesting contest between HOU and KC.  If the Chiefs win the rest of the conference games and lose to SEA while HOU wins out, then KC would have the best conference record and each has lost to their common opponent, NE.  But if KC loses to BAL, then maybe HOU is seeded ahead of them.  IIRC, HOU lost to NE, TENN, and some NFC team.  Don't know about strength or victory or strength of schedule.  It's too early to start looking all that stuff up, but fun to speculate.  PIT and NE ties would be decided by head to head and PIT's tie means they probably won't have any tie breakers.

10 hours ago, xen said:

I don't see it.  I think we win out.  Seahags offense can't hang with ours and no more legion of boom.  Our other tough games are at home.  

I'm with you on this xen!    We will come back after the by with Morse, Watkins, Berry and LDT won't be fare behind.   Seattle is good but their front 7 isn't as good as the Rams and their offense isn't even close to being in elite conversation.   The only game that could be tough is SD.  They have a legit D and potential on O but we've had their number and our pass rush is coming into their own.       I think we win out with at worse one more loss.   I think this loss is going to motivate and galvanize this team.   I also think Pat breaks the single season TD record.     

16 hours ago, dksww said:

I would actually be alot more worried about them with Jackson at QB and running the option all day

He needs to learn how to be a QB in the NFL. I think it'll be one of our easier games as we should have a major edge at home especially after a month away from Arrowhead. Some injured guys (even those already playing through injuries) will be back as well. 

I think the Seahawks game is the only tough one we'll play going forward. Their defense is much better than ours and they can compete with anyone not to mention the game will be more important for them due to the record. We are still the favorites but it won't be easy. 

Raiders are the best example of trap games as they are completely wasted and have way too many internal issues to deal with. We should win both but could lose to close the regular season in case of a meaningless game. Even if we get a bye I'm pretty sure Reid will still give those that are not 100% the week off before the playoffs as he has always done in his career. 

14-2 or 13-3 IMO.

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Interesting contest between HOU and KC.  If the Chiefs win the rest of the conference games and lose to SEA while HOU wins out, then KC would have the best conference record and each has lost to their common opponent, NE.  But if KC loses to BAL, then maybe HOU is seeded ahead of them.  IIRC, HOU lost to NE, TENN, and some NFC team.  Don't know about strength or victory or strength of schedule.  It's too early to start looking all that stuff up, but fun to speculate.  PIT and NE ties would be decided by head to head and PIT's tie means they probably won't have any tie breakers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

He needs to learn how to be a QB in the NFL. I think it'll be one of our easier games as we should have a major edge at home especially after a month away from Arrowhead. Some injured guys (even those already playing through injuries) will be back as well. 

I think the Seahawks game is the only tough one we'll play going forward. Their defense is much better than ours and they can compete with anyone not to mention the game will be more important for them due to the record. We are still the favorites but it won't be easy. 

Raiders are the best example of trap games as they are completely wasted and have way too many internal issues to deal with. We should win both but could lose to close the regular season in case of a meaningless game. Even if we get a bye I'm pretty sure Reid will still give those that are not 100% the week off before the playoffs as he has always done in his career. 

14-2 or 13-3 IMO.

I doubt lamar is the QB in Arrowhead that day.

46 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Would be even better for the Chiefs IMO. Mahomes vs Flacco gives the Chiefs more leverage than the defensive deficit. 

IF the offense played as they did the first part of the season, I could see Flacco winning with the defense stopping the Chiefs/ turning over the ball ala MNF.

If they cannot, no way they keep up.

Someone else pointed out that Lamar running the ball and controlling the clock would be a better defense by keeping Pat and Co off the field but then I looked at the scoring drives this year for KC- they avg 4-6 plays and 3 minutes of clock with 3.5 points per scoring drive. Not too many three and outs....

But then, everyone says Lamar is a quarterback not a RB so there is no way you can run him 24 times a game expecting him to hold up physically. No way. See RGIII

2 hours ago, xen said:

Hey you think your coach will save his job?

No idea. I don't think he should be fired. My first question is; Who would you hire to take his place? What young upcoming OC could do for Lamar like what Reich has done in Indy, McVay in La with Goff, Nagy in Chi with Tribisky, AR with Mahomes?

The top three hottest teams- LA, NO and KC all have the HC calling the plays. Would Bienemy be the right fit in Baltimore? How much does he influence that Offense?

Bisciotti is a reall weird cat: he says at the end of the year presser that he contemplated firing Harbs last year- then gives him a year extension so hes not a lame duck. Then says "Well I didn't give him a 'Playoffs or else' edict but we need to see improvement" so who knows what he is thinking.

Harbaugh would be snatched up in a heart beat by either Jax, Miami, Denver, NYJ, Ariz, Cle, maybe even Minn or Seattle should carrol retire

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

IF the offense played as they did the first part of the season, I could see Flacco winning with the defense stopping the Chiefs/ turning over the ball ala MNF.

If they cannot, no way they keep up.

Someone else pointed out that Lamar running the ball and controlling the clock would be a better defense by keeping Pat and Co off the field but then I looked at the scoring drives this year for KC- they avg 4-6 plays and 3 minutes of clock with 3.5 points per scoring drive. Not too many three and outs....

But then, everyone says Lamar is a quarterback not a RB so there is no way you can run him 24 times a game expecting him to hold up physically. No way. See RGIII

Yep, mobility is the key for QBs with the defenders becoming ever more athletic. However using the QB like a RB is always a recipe for disaster and in case of a rookie QB it's just a stupid move as most don't even know the environment. Chiefs have always been vulnerable against running QBs that control the clock but that won't work against the high scoring offense of the moment. The only way to beat is to always stay ahead on the scoreboard. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Yep, mobility is the key for QBs with the defenders becoming ever more athletic. However using the QB like a RB is always a recipe for disaster and in case of a rookie QB it's just a stupid move as most don't even know the environment. Chiefs have always been vulnerable against running QBs that control the clock but that won't work against the high scoring offense of the moment. The only way to beat is to always stay ahead on the scoreboard. 

If he starts that game, I doubt he runs more than 12 times...designed plays....last week minus the three kneel downs, out of his 24 runs, 19 were designed. 5 were pocket breakdowns.

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

If he starts that game, I doubt he runs more than 12 times...designed plays....last week minus the three kneel downs, out of his 24 runs, 19 were designed. 5 were pocket breakdowns.

You gotta let him play his game though, right?  His speed and athleticism are what make him so damn special; he's not going to win throwing 40 times a game.  If he learns to slide he can avoid a lot of shots.  With all the protections in place a running QB becomes more viable IMO.

3 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

You gotta let him play his game though, right?  His speed and athleticism are what make him so damn special; he's not going to win throwing 40 times a game.  If he learns to slide he can avoid a lot of shots.  With all the protections in place a running QB becomes more viable IMO.

I see another RGIII type situation if they let him run to much.

54 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

See below

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I see another RGIII type situation if they let him run to much.

I agree. He made some beautiful throws in college and in training camp that like Pat, looked just like a flick of the wrist and swoosh, ball is flying 50-60 yds in the air and on target.

One practice I was at, He repeatedly beat Jimmy Smith (CB) with his eyes and hit John Brown and Chris Moore for 40+ yd gains....

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, I played with that a little.  If it's accurate, it seems that if HOU wins out and KC loses only to SEA or BAL, they get the 2nd seed.  If they lose to LAC, then HOU would finish ahead.  A bye and then a home playoff game against HOU wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.  Either way, a loss in any game probably means a trip to NE if the Chiefs make it that far.  The fight for the sixth seed is really interesting.

I played around with the playoff machine & my prediction is the Seahawks will be playing for their playoff life when we face them.  That’s not good for us as they will be highly motivated & the crowd will be super pumped up for the game.

All that being said:  we should be able to win that game.  It’s just going to be a really tough game.

We’ve played four of the top seven teams in the power rankings ALL on the road.  We’ve just got to keep playing at this sustained high level after the break and things will take care of themselves.  But if they don’t this team will not bs afraid to go on the road.  Maybe that takes some pressure off?

Archived