Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

14 hours ago, Marleydawg said:

You gotta let him play his game though, right?  His speed and athleticism are what make him so damn special; he's not going to win throwing 40 times a game.  If he learns to slide he can avoid a lot of shots.  With all the protections in place a running QB becomes more viable IMO.

His game was good for college level but he needs to translate his skills to a whole new environment. A rough hit on a runner could end up hurting his arm badly which we have seen him endure in college. In general it's more of a compromise between skills and the requirements of the league. RG3 was allowed to play like his college self which got him killed very shortly. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After yesterday, it's likely that PIT will end up with the fourth seed.  They still have games with LAC, NE, and NO.  11-4-1 is the best they can hope for.  NE, HOU, and KC all have good shots of 12-4 or better.  Nothing is certain, of course, but that would be my projections.  I'd rather see HOU come to Arrowhead in Jan. than PIT if the Chiefs miss out on the top seed. 

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

After yesterday, it's likely that PIT will end up with the fourth seed.  They still have games with LAC, NE, and NO.  11-4-1 is the best they can hope for.  NE, HOU, and KC all have good shots of 12-4 or better.  Nothing is certain, of course, but that would be my projections.  I'd rather see HOU come to Arrowhead in Jan. than PIT if the Chiefs miss out on the top seed. 

Yes, of course we’d all rather see Houston than Pitt, but then we’d be on the road in NE which is an almost impossible task in the playoffs.  Regardless, I have more confidence in the other teams defense to get a much-needed stop against us when needed than I do in our defense getting one.  

38 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Yes, of course we’d all rather see Houston than Pitt, but then we’d be on the road in NE which is an almost impossible task in the playoffs.  Regardless, I have more confidence in the other teams defense to get a much-needed stop against us when needed than I do in our defense getting one.  

If we get to the AFC Championship and play it in New England then the season is a already a success to me no matter what happens.  And I think we have at least a puncher's chance of getting out of there with a win.  But an AFC Championship game with a 2nd year quarterback would be a huge leap forward for this team. 

22 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If we get to the AFC Championship and play it in New England then the season is a already a success to me no matter what happens.  And I think we have at least a puncher's chance of getting out of there with a win.  But an AFC Championship game with a 2nd year quarterback would be a huge leap forward for this team. 

I agree.  AFCCG would be a huge step for the Chiefs, especially in Mahomes’ first year starting.

7 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

If Houston goes from 0-3 to 13-3, that is some turn around.... they probably stumble once. Don’t think anyone would have thought Denver would beat Chargers and Steelers back to back.

Actually another sign of just how good the Chiefs really are the way we have handled these three teams. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I think we beat NE if the AFC Championship is in Arrowhead.  I will be more nervous if we get a 1st round bye in the 1st game before the AFC Championship .... history has not been kind to the Chiefs in the playoffs.  I don't know how many more letdowns my fandom can take.

I will consider the season a success (win or lose) if we make it to the AFC Championship game.  My head may explode if we were to make it to the Superbowl.

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

If Houston goes from 0-3 to 13-3, that is some turn around.... they probably stumble once. Don’t think anyone would have thought Denver would beat Chargers and Steelers back to back.

My assumption is that Houston will go 12-4, but PIT will lose at least one more game and probably two.  Thus #4 seed.

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

At this point AFC is ours to lose. Seattle seems to be the toughest game IMO as they'll have something to play for but other than that I don't think we have big challenges ahead. We should be able to win at home and our only other road game is Oakland. 

The Chargers will be a huge challenge, even in KC.  Chargers are playing great right now.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

agreed but the Steeler, Donks and the Ravens  is no easy layup for them either

Yep, Chargers will be tough but they aren't sailing as smoothly as their talent suggests and have a rough patch to get through. Prime time @ Arrowhead should be fine for us considering our recent success in the division. 

54 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Yep, Chargers will be tough but they aren't sailing as smoothly as their talent suggests and have a rough patch to get through. Prime time @ Arrowhead should be fine for us considering our recent success in the division. 

Plus, the stadium will be packed since it's the night they retire Gonzo's number. 

29 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Didn't they just lose to the Broncos at home?  They'll be tough, but let's not get overboard with how good they are...

If the Chiefs turn over the ball like they did against LA, they will be beaten by the Chargers.  Without turnovers, the Chiefs win.  The Chargers shouldn't be able to keep up with the Chiefs' offense.

52 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs turn over the ball like they did against LA, they will be beaten by the Chargers.  

Maybe.  But when you score 51 points and have 546 yards, you can have a few turnovers.  We barely lost to the Rams with that many turnovers.  And the Rams are better than the Chargers.  None the less, I'd rather not have 5 turnovers.   

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs turn over the ball like they did against LA, they will be beaten by the Chargers.  Without turnovers, the Chiefs win.  The Chargers shouldn't be able to keep up with the Chiefs' offense.

Absolutely. And that will be the story in the playoffs as well. Chiefs ARE the best team in the AFC.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There's a reason that 'If' applies to almost every single NFL game played, heck if we lose the turnover battle this weekend we could lose to Raiders.  My point is that even with the Chargers supposedly playing great recently (which I don't buy), they would still need the breaks to beat us whereas if we just play our normal game we win.

37 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs ARE the best team in the AFC.

They're up there, but with the porous defense, it's hard to call them the best.  The Chiefs are the best offense in the AFC and are close to NO to be best in the NFL.  But a team has to stop the opposition a few times to help the offense.   

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They're up there, but with the porous defense, it's hard to call them the best.  The Chiefs are the best offense in the AFC and are close to NO to be best in the NFL.  But a team has to stop the opposition a few times to help the offense.   

We’ve proven we are the best team in the AFC through 11 games by stopping all contenders except NE more times than they stopped us. But NE hasn’t been as consistent   Of course the next 5 games could change things. 

Archived