Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

7 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

The Chargers will be a huge challenge, even in KC.  Chargers are playing great right now.

I think the Chargers are the second best team in the AFC next to us personally. But LA, KC, Pitt and NE are all REALLY close to each other. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

They will lose again and fall short, but I hope they keep it close so they bring Joseph back next year

Yep. We are SO much better coached than any other team in this division. LA on paper looks like they should have absolutely won this division last year and this year. We need them all to keep their jobs!

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

But, yet, my history doesn’t change the fact that the Chargers are pretty damn good this year.  Why are you arguing just to argue?

The Chargers have 8 wins.  7 of those wins are against teams with losing records.  4 of those 7 wins are against teams with only two wins on the season.  And they beat the Browns.   They have played two 5-6 teams and they won one by 1 point and lost the other by 1 point. They are 1-2 against teams above .500. I don't think we can really say that they are pretty damn good yet.  They have beat the teams they should have beaten. 

The Broncos probably have one of the easier remaining schedules left.  Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Browns at home (Mayfield isn't winning this) and the Chargers could be resting all their starters for the finale.

They could be a playoff squad.  Not going to guarantee it because who knows when Keenum will shit his pants.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yep. We are SO much better coached than any other team in this division. LA on paper looks like they should have absolutely won this division last year and this year. We need them all to keep their jobs!

Horrific Special Teams. How many kickers have they employed in the past year? Rivers has not played in a prime time game worth anything in years. Chiefs should show the world that the Chargers are anything but CHARGING and living as a result of a easier schedule. Pitts also has issues but experience. Pitts puts Rivers & Co down on Sunday.

Houston concerns me more than LAC. I think Houston is the second best AFC team.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

The Chargers have 8 wins.  7 of those wins are against teams with losing records.  4 of those 7 wins are against teams with only two wins on the season.  And they beat the Browns.   They have played two 5-6 teams and they won one by 1 point and lost the other by 1 point. They are 1-2 against teams above .500. I don't think we can really say that they are pretty damn good yet.  They have beat the teams they should have beaten. 

Well, what you say is correct but they're still a good team.  Rivers is playing as well as he’s ever played and they’re pretty balanced overall on both sides of the ball.  Are they the same old Chargers that folds in the end?  Are the Chiefs?   

6 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Well, what you say is correct but they're still a good team.  Rivers is playing as well as he’s ever played and they’re pretty balanced overall on both sides of the ball.  Are they the same old Chargers that folds in the end?  Are the Chiefs?   

A good team based on what?

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

If this were the Chiefs profile of records many here would be squawking frauds. Chargers can be good but have yet to prove it against a good team and now minus their RB?

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

All good points but I personally do believe they have a Super Bowl type roster that’s undone at times by coaching and Phillip Rivers himself. But they’ve proven nothing except they can beat bad or mediocre teams. 

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The Broncos probably have one of the easier remaining schedules left.  Bengals, 49ers, Raiders, Browns at home (Mayfield isn't winning this) and the Chargers could be resting all their starters for the finale.

They could be a playoff squad.  Not going to guarantee it because who knows when Keenum will shit his pants.

Their biggest issue for that last playoff spot may be that loss to Baltimore. That’s one easy schedule!

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

One thing would be bad if the Chargers are the 5th seed.  There's a chance they would play the Chiefs for the third time.  Don't know the history, but it's often said that it's very tough to beat the same team three times in a season.  At least it would be at home.

What I could find up to 2016 schedule, Saints did beat Panthers 3 times last year though.

They always say that it is hard to beat the same team three times in one season. However, it happens periodically. Since 1950, it has happened 17 times:

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Based on the fact that they’ve won 8 games this year and no game in the NFL is easy.  Is that not enough?  

When you win 33 percent of games against .500 teams it really isn’t.  It doesn’t mean they are bad.  It means they haven’t proved anything.  And don’t make me go back and quote you when we have beat poor competition.  You know and I know that you have over and over not given credit for the chiefs winning those games. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

All good points but I personally do believe they have a Super Bowl type roster that’s undone at times by coaching and Phillip Rivers himself. But they’ve proven nothing except they can beat bad or mediocre teams. 

Who have the Chiefs beat this year that screams we’re a good team?  We beat the Chargers and Steelers in weeks 1 and 2, when both of those teams were playing much worse than they are right now.  Other than that, the Chiefs have beaten the Broncos twice, both of which were close games, the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals, and Jaguars, all of whom suck.  We lost to the Rams and Patriots (by a combined 6 pts but nonetheless losses) in very close games and on the road.  

Yes, we have Mahomes, who’s been unbelievable this year, but who has had some recent turnover issues that have cost us.  Additionally, our defense is abysmal and rarely stops anyone.  Maybe Berry comes back and drastically improves the situation, but is that realistic to expect?  I’d like to believe we’re the team to beat in the AFC, but I’m far from convinced.  I feel like any of these other teams like Houston, NE, or Pitt could pose problems for us come January.  

8 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

When you win 33 percent of games against .500 teams it really isn’t.  It doesn’t mean they are bad.  It means they haven’t proved anything.  And don’t make me go back and quote you when we have beat poor competition.  You know and I know that you have over and over not given credit for the chiefs winning those games. 

That’s not true at all and if you really want to waste your time to prove me wrong, go ahead.  

15 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Who have the Chiefs beat this year that screams we’re a good team?  We beat the Chargers and Steelers in weeks 1 and 2, when both of those teams were playing much worse than they are right now.  Other than that, the Chiefs have beaten the Broncos twice, both of which were close games, the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals, and Jaguars, all of whom suck.  We lost to the Rams and Patriots (by a combined 6 pts but nonetheless losses) in very close games and on the road.  

Yes, we have Mahomes, who’s been unbelievable this year, but who has had some recent turnover issues that have cost us.  Additionally, our defense is abysmal and rarely stops anyone.  Maybe Berry comes back and drastically improves the situation, but is that realistic to expect?  I’d like to believe we’re the team to beat in the AFC, but I’m far from convinced.  I feel like any of these other teams like Houston, NE, or Pitt could pose problems for us come January.  

Funny your now trying to quantify our big time road wins that NONE of the other contenders have at all.  Heck Pitt and LA can’t even beat a Broncos team we swept and you seem to give them more respect than us.  Makes zero sense if it wasn’t you. 😀

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Funny your now trying to quantify our big time road wins that NONE of the other contenders have at all.  Heck Pitt and LA can’t even beat a Broncos team we swept and you seem to give them more respect than us.  Makes zero sense if it wasn’t you. 😀

Just trying to look at things objectively, something no Chiefs board is seemingly capable of.  As I pointed out, our big road wins were over 2 months ago when those aforementioned teams were playing poorly.  Nice try though.

Funny because we could end up playing Seattle, Cincy or Ravens will probably make it, SD twice,  NE, Rams and Pitt. That is 7 games against playoff teams and our schedule was far from friendly the first 6 games too. If Broncos make it then you are looking at Cincy or Ravens are out and this would be 8 games played then and 6 of those games on the road too.

Archived