Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Funny because we could end up playing Seattle, Cincy or Ravens will probably make it, SD twice,  NE, Rams and Pitt. That is 7 games against playoff teams and our schedule was far from friendly the first 6 games too. If Broncos make it then you are looking at Cincy or Ravens are out and this would be 8 games played then and 6 of those games on the road too.

No doubt the Chiefs schedule has been tough and they’ve done very well in compiling a 9-2 record.  

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Just trying to look at things objectively, something no Chiefs board is seemingly capable of.  As I pointed out, our big road wins were over 2 months ago when those aforementioned teams were playing poorly.  Nice try though.

Where’s the marquee wins by the teams we’ve beaten who are somehow objectively better after losing to a team we swept the last two weeks. 

Weve played 4 of the top 6 teams in the league ALL on the road and extremely competitive in all of them. NOBODY else in the AFC can say that.  Heck all the rest of them have negative results against sub 500 teams we don’t have either.  

Objectively thought out then who’s better in the AFC than we are and back it up. I like Larry Johnson’s analysis of all people tonight when he said the only AFC team that can beat the Chiefs. Are the Chiefs.  There may be some real truth in there that reflects a very talented but young team at critical positions.  

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Just trying to look at things objectively, something no Chiefs board is seemingly capable of.  As I pointed out, our big road wins were over 2 months ago when those aforementioned teams were playing poorly.  Nice try though.

LAC and PIT both lost to DEN, recently while the Chiefs beat them near mid season (the second tie). If those aforementioned teams have gotten their acts together, then why are they losing to the Donks?

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Where’s the marquee wins by the teams we’ve beaten who are somehow objectively better after losing to a team we swept the last two weeks. 

Weve played 4 of the top 6 teams in the league ALL on the road and extremely competitive in all of them. NOBODY else in the AFC can say that.  Heck all the rest of them have negative results against sub 500 teams we don’t have either.  

Objectively thought out then who’s better in the AFC than we are and back it up. I like Larry Johnson’s analysis of all people tonight when he said the only AFC team that can beat the Chiefs. Are the Chiefs.  There may be some real truth in there that reflects a very talented but young team at critical positions.  

I never said they were better!!!!!!!  I said San Diego was a good team and got called out on it.  I also said teams like Houston and Pitt could pose problems for the Chiefs because of the balance they have as teams.  Chiefs have a super offense and a horrible defense that rarely stops the other team.  History suggests that recipe in the playoffs rarely works.  Where am I wrong? 

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

LAC and PIT both lost to DEN, recently while the Chiefs beat them near mid season (the second tie). If those aforementioned teams have gotten their acts together, then why are they losing to the Donks?

Because Denver isn’t that bad of a team, contrary to the biased view of them on a Chiefs message board.  The Broncos recently lost to the Chiefs and the Texans by a combined 9 points, prior to knocking off the Chargers and the Steelers in very close games.  Chiefs beat them twice in by one score and no doubt earned those victories.  I think we can all agree that Chiefs/Bronco games are typically pretty close, likely because of the familiarity between us.  

25 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I am continuously baffled by people talking about 'quality wins' in the NFL.

Its not college football with different levels of play- sure some teams aren't as good as others, but they are all pros.

I’m baffled that someone that follows the game doesn’t recognize that there is a significant difference in beating the patriots over the past 5 years vs beating the browns.  The fact that they are all pros does not in any way make all wins equal and it’s a stupid argument. 

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

I never said they were better!!!!!!!  I said San Diego was a good team and got called out on it.  I also said teams like Houston and Pitt could pose problems for the Chiefs because of the balance they have as teams.  Chiefs have a super offense and a horrible defense that rarely stops the other team.  History suggests that recipe in the playoffs rarely works.  Where am I wrong? 

I agreed with you the Chargers are a good team and simply said they had not backed it up yet against top tier teams. Your response was to say the Chiefs marquee wins were early so they essentially don’t count. 

I countered by saying what about reality ALL the other contenders have bad results we don’t have yet. Or we swept Denver where two of the contenders both lost  

My point is simple. Through 11 games we’ve been the AFCs best team. There’s not a lot however separating the top four. And we are the only team in that group minus a 35 year old plus veteran which could make us more prone to mistakes down the stretch.  And Houston is certainly looming with their young QB in what is going to be one of the most interesting playoffs in a long time. 

Most people assumed our window opens next year.   Imagine more seasoning for Mahomes and what a complimentary defense is capable of. But so far this year flaws and all we’ve accomplished more through three months than any top contender because they are all flawed! Below sums up our situation well  

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Kansas City Chiefs (9-2)

Coach: Andy Reid (62-29 over six seasons)

It's safe to say that Reid will coach the Chiefs as he long as he wishes. The Chiefs are legitimate Super Bowl contenders and appear to be set up well for the future. That all is in huge contrast to the 15 or so seasons before his arrival. --

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I’m baffled that someone that follows the game doesn’t recognize that there is a significant difference in beating the patriots over the past 5 years vs beating the browns.  The fact that they are all pros does not in any way make all wins equal and it’s a stupid argument. 

I’ve always had the opinion that the most dangerous teams in the playoffs are the same ones who have beaten multiple playoff teams on the road in the regular season or are already battle tested in January.  

Give me a top tier HC-QB combo and proof the team can win in hostile situations and I think you’ve got a true Super Bowl contender flaws and all.  

27 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I wrote a post where I agreed the Chargers are a good team but had not backed it up yet against top tier teams. Your response was to say the Chiefs marquee wins were early so they essentially don’t count. 

I countered by saying what about reality ALL the other contenders have bad results we don’t have yet. 

My point is simple. Through 11 games we’ve been the AFCs best team. There’s not a lot however separating the top four. And we are the only team in that group minus a 35 year old plus veteran which could make us more prone to mistakes down the stretch.  And Houston is certainly looming with their young QB in what is going to be one of the most interesting playoffs in a long time. 

Most people assumed our window opens next year.  We’ve proven this year not only is the future very bright but even with a leaky defense we are legit right now too.   

You’re using the false premise that I said those wins didn’t count as the basis for your argument.  In fact, I never said that.  I pointed out that those wins were at the beginning of the year, where both the Steelers and Chargers were vastly different teams than they are now.  I think we can both agree on that.  

I also agree that we’ve been the best team through 11 games in the AFC, but I have concerns going into the playoffs because we’re not as balanced as some of the other contenders.  And that’s all I’m really saying.  I’m not trying to take anything away from the Chiefs as they have far outperformed all expectations so far.  I’m also keenly aware that our defense could end up costing us in January.  

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I am baffled how you cannot read the entire post and understand what I am saying. Its pretty simple. Playing a team in the 1st game,  the 8th game and the 16th game and you will be playing 3 different teams. Not all teams play the same in the 1st qtr of the season as they are in the 17th week of the season. Matter of fact, few teams can, like the Saints, Rams Chiefs this season.

Even NE is different than the 1st week right now. Pitt is Jekyll and Hyde as to which team you will get.

Comparing the Browns to the Patriots is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I am continuously baffled by people talking about 'quality wins' in the NFL.

Its not college football with different levels of play- sure some teams aren't as good as others, but they are all pros.

Here's the entire post.  I must have overlooked the part about game 1 vs game 8 and 16.  It seemed to me like you were saying that there is no such thing as "quality wins" in the NFL because they are all pros.  But I was focusing more on what you said than what you thought you meant.  So that's my bad. 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:54 AM, Legend of AC said:

The Chargers will be a huge challenge, even in KC.  Chargers are playing great right now.

16 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

But, yet, my history doesn’t change the fact that the Chargers are pretty damn good this year.  Why are you arguing just to argue?

The only change is what you said, here I've quoted them for you.  Saying they are playing great right now which is what I responded to is different then being damn good.  I responded to the 'playing great right now' by pointing out that they just lost two weeks ago at home so don't go overboard on playing great right now.   I'm not arguing to argue as much as you are shifting whatever logic you are going with that you can't handle someone responding to....

The teams are much different from when we played them argument is such crap too.  Every team plays opponents differently, if we want to go down that route then we can easily justify our 2 losses and say we would play different and beat them.  If we don't start out slow against NE next time, we beat them and Mahomes had that tendency early on (at Denver and at NE) but he didn't show it the last primetime game we played.  Also if Mahomes takes care of the ball better and we get Morse back to help slow Donald down, we win the Rams game.  Wow, look we also are a much different team then we showed in our 2 losses.... 🤷‍♂️

It's funny how the thing that is overlooked about the first Chargers game is that we had the guy starting his 1st ever NFL season opener against a seasoned vet and also it being on the road.  Same thing applied so the second game at Pitt.  It would seem like the disadvantage would have been on us and when we played again our QB who's basically a rookie would be better but I guess that isn't the case 🙄

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

The teams are much different from when we played them argument is such crap too.  Every team plays opponents differently, if we want to go down that route then we can easily justify our 2 losses and say we would play different and beat them.  If we don't start out slow against NE next time, we beat them and Mahomes had that tendency early on (at Denver and at NE) but he didn't show it the last primetime game we played.  Also if Mahomes takes care of the ball better and we get Morse back to help slow Donald down, we win the Rams game.  Wow, look we also are a much different team then we showed in our 2 losses.... 🤷‍♂️

It's funny how the thing that is overlooked about the first Chargers game is that we had the guy starting his 1st ever NFL season opener against a seasoned vet and also it being on the road.  Same thing applied so the second game at Pitt.  It would seem like the disadvantage would have been on us and when we played again our QB who's basically a rookie would be better but I guess that isn't the case 🙄

You think the disadvantage was on us in those games?  I think it was on them because they had 1 game worth of tape on Mahomes and nothing else.  Everything coming out of Chiefs Kingdom concerning  Mahomes prior to the season was overwhelmingly positive.

Additionally, the Steelers defense is much now than when we played them in week 2. This can be at least partially attributed to them benching Artie Burns, who was awful early on.  Same with the Chargers, who now have Bosa back and are playing well on both sides.  So yeah, I think things have changed a bit.  And if you don’t think so that’s ridiculous on your part.  It’s no different than us starting 5-0 last year and finishing 10-6.  It’s undeniable the Chiefs were not the same team beginning to end. A 16 game season can be a roller coaster surely you grasp this.

12 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

That’s not true at all and if you really want to waste your time to prove me wrong, go ahead.  

Just in this thread you have said we beat the Chargers and Steelers when they weren't good and the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals and Jaguars, all of whom suck.  When we beat them they suck or they used to suck.  When the Chargers beat them it's some kind of proof that they are great. 

24 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You think the disadvantage was on us in those games?  I think it was on them because they had 1 game worth of tape on Mahomes and nothing else.  Everything coming out of Chiefs Kingdom concerning  Mahomes prior to the season was overwhelmingly positive.

Additionally, the Steelers defense is much now than when we played them in week 2. This can be at least partially attributed to them benching Artie Burns, who was awful early on.  Same with the Chargers, who now have Bosa back and are playing well on both sides.  So yeah, I think things have changed a bit.  And if you don’t think so that’s ridiculous on your part.  It’s no different than us starting 5-0 last year and finishing 10-6.  It’s undeniable the Chiefs were not the same team beginning to end. A 16 game season can be a roller coaster surely you grasp this.

In what world is the disadvantage on the team that has the HOF QB at home going against a guy making his 2nd ever career start? 🤦‍♂️

You know how many above .500 teams the Steelers have beaten since we played them, 1.  I would factor that into them being better then benching on guy on defense.  Luckily for you the Chargers and Steelers play this week so whichever team loses you can claim is playing really well and the team that wins you can declare as unbeatable....

Look anyone can beat anyone, at home if we play a clean game we win against both these teams.  We'll be the favorites as we should be and both teams would need breaks to go there way, don't care how great you think they've done recently against lesser opponents....

14 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Just in this thread you have said we beat the Chargers and Steelers when they weren't good and the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals and Jaguars, all of whom suck.  When we beat them they suck or they used to suck.  When the Chargers beat them it's some kind of proof that they are great. 

I said we beat them when they weren’t playing very well which is factually correct.   But please, endulge me by searching for my previous posts so you can bask in the glory of your ‘gotcha’ moment.  😂

17 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

In what world is the disadvantage on the team that has the HOF QB at home going against a guy making his 2nd ever career start? 🤦‍♂️

You know how many above .500 teams the Steelers have beaten since we played them, 1.  I would factor that into them being better then benching on guy on defense.  Luckily for you the Chargers and Steelers play this week so whichever team loses you can claim is playing really well and the team that wins you can declare as unbeatable....

Look anyone can beat anyone, at home if we play a clean game we win against both these teams.  We'll be the favorites as we should be and both teams would need breaks to go there way, don't care how great you think they've done recently against lesser opponents....

The same world where the HOF QB had lost to the Chiefs 8 consecutive times prior to that game and the guy making his 2nd career start was being propped up as having done ‘otherworldly’ things in practice and was going to tear the league up.  That world.  

1 minute ago, Legend of AC said:

I said we beat them when they weren’t playing very well which is factually correct.   But please, endulge me by searching for my previous posts so you can bask in the glory of your ‘gotcha’ moment.  😂

They were all playing poorly when we played them, but the Chargers 8 wins mean something.  Got it.  

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Gotta factor in injuries as well.  LAC with Bossa should be better and without Gordon not so threatening.  The Chiefs with Morse and LDT had a better line early in the season.  One less strip/sack and the Chiefs might be crowing about beating the mighty Rams in LA.  No Watson might be balanced by a recovering Berry.  The point being that it's not just the time in the season that the game is played,.  It's also the condition of the teams.   

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

I also agree that we’ve been the best team through 11 games in the AFC, but I have concerns going into the playoffs because we’re not as balanced as some of the other contenders.  And that’s all I’m really saying.  I’m not trying to take anything away from the Chiefs as they have far outperformed all expectations so far.  I’m also keenly aware that our defense could end up costing us in January.  

Every team in the AFC obviously has flaws as we have beaten superior opponents and played more consistently against the weaker ones. Could defense corrupt this entire surprising ascension to the top of the league. You bet it could. But there is no reason to believe we aren't realistically capable of beating any team in the AFC. In fact at this point no reason to believe if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers that we arent the superior team and should beat these other playoff contenders. But again the reality of a young QB and youth at critical positions is often mistakes. We will see. This teams energy and excitement has transformed this city and fan base while already bringing thousands of new younger fans into the Chiefs Kingdom. Whether its now or in the future the high level QB-HC duo is what wins titles and gives us a legit chance even this year with a work in progress defense. 

39 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Gotta factor in injuries as well.  LAC with Bossa should be better and without Gordon not so threatening.  The Chiefs with Morse and LDT had a better line early in the season.  One less strip/sack and the Chiefs might be crowing about beating the mighty Rams in LA.  No Watson might be balanced by a recovering Berry.  The point being that it's not just the time in the season that the game is played,.  It's also the condition of the teams.   

I think contrary to most peoples opinion the Chiefs defense is clearly better than it was at the beginning of the season. The worst thing any offense or defense can have is to lack any identity. And our defense had none in September. We know we've got the worst safeties in the NFL and trouble at ILB and that can't be fixed without an Eric Berry miracle until next offseason. But we have a young improving dline and can flat get after the QB and close teams out when we do force the to rare 3rd downs. And that is a formula the Giants used to win their last Super Bowl. Offense has managed some big offensive line injuries incredibly well but it would be really nice to get a proven guy or two back in the fold. 

On point you are exactly right that injuries probably more than anything else dictate a teams ability on any given day. 

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

The same world where the HOF QB had lost to the Chiefs 8 consecutive times prior to that game and the guy making his 2nd career start was being propped up as having done ‘otherworldly’ things in practice and was going to tear the league up.  That world.  

Is this the same world you posted about Andy Reid being fired, Pat Mahomes possibly being a bust because of training camp interceptions, suggested we could start the season 0-6, predicted a double digit loss to LAC in the opener and a blowout loss on MNF to Denver after they scored one TD? Have you ever picked the Chiefs to win the division under Andy Reid or even have a winning record?  Like it or not you have to understand the context of your prior posts (and this applies to everyone) is hard to separate from a single idea whether its legit or not. And that's just part of being on a message board and all good. 

Archived