Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Is this the same world you posted about Andy Reid being fired, Pat Mahomes possibly being a bust because of training camp interceptions, suggested we could start the season 0-6, predicted a double digit loss to LAC in the opener and a blowout loss on MNF to Denver after they scored one TD? Have you ever picked the Chiefs to win the division under Andy Reid or even have a winning record?  Like it or not you have to understand the context of your prior posts (and this applies to everyone) is hard to separate from a single idea whether its legit or not. And that's just part of being on a message board and all good. 

Wait, you’re talking about a different world than me, lol.  Never did I say Mahomes would be a bust because of preseason interceptions; I merely posted a thread asking whether we should be concerned about his preseason interceptions.  Clearly, not.  Like the stock market - past performance is not indicative of future results.  Thus, my tarnished past predictions should not weigh on my current posts.  

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Wait, you’re talking about a different world than me, lol.  Never did I say Mahomes would be a bust because of preseason interceptions; I merely posted a thread asking whether we should be concerned about his preseason interceptions.  Clearly, not.  Like the stock market - past performance is not indicative of future results.  Thus, my tarnished past predictions should not weigh on my current posts.  

Well as you should know if you aren't willing to invest in a stock for ten years, then you shouldn't invest in it for ten minutes.  And if you are confident in a companies profit streams and believe they can make money long term its a good investment. So the premise applies to a franchise QB like Mahomes when he is hand picked and developed by a proven commodity in Andy Reid. I guess you wouldn't have invested in that duo early, but I sure would have. The formula is a proven winner. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Well as you should know if you aren't willing to invest in a stock for ten years, then you shouldn't invest in it for ten minutes.  And if you are confident in a companies profit streams and believe they can make money long term its a good investment. So the premise applies to a franchise QB like Mahomes when he is hand picked and developed by a proven commodity in Andy Reid. I guess you wouldn't have invested in that duo early, but I sure would have. The formula is a proven winner. 

Charles Scwab?  😋

13 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Charles Scwab?  😋

LOL. Heck no.  I listen to the legend Warren Buffet when it comes to investing. Just follow the Bershire Hathaway B shares and you should be good to go! Its a winning formula like combining Innovative coaches and elite talented QBs. 

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

I said we beat them when they weren’t playing very well which is factually correct.   But please, endulge me by searching for my previous posts so you can bask in the glory of your ‘gotcha’ moment.  😂

i have been saying the same thing about the Steelers game but no one believed me they are different now.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

I think the correct analogy for you would be repeated panic selloffs....

Image result for sell sell sell gif

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

i have been saying the same thing about the Steelers game but no one believed me they are different now.

The point that teams are different now is not really debatable. Teams evolve over the course of a season and not always in a good way. For instance the Chiefs buried a much better Bengals team than is playing today.  I personally think minus Leveon Bell that the Steelers are not as scary in January though. He was an absolute Chiefs killer. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The point that teams are different now is not really debatable. Teams evolve over the course of a season and not always in a good way. For instance the Chiefs buried a much better Bengals team than is playing today.  I personally think minus Leveon Bell that the Steelers are not as scary in January though. He was an absolute Chiefs killer. 

Also I pointed out that the Steelers have beaten 1 team with a record over .500 and that was the Ravens who aren't much of a powerhouse  and a few games away from being below .500 themselves.  Sometimes who you play provides a false sense of a team getting better as the year goes...

You guys are nuts.  The reality is that there are zero guarantees when drafting so-called elite QBs and we’ve seen this proven right too many times to count in the NFL.  Very few pundits were jumping on the Mahomes/Reid bandwagon early.  In fact, I can think of two guys —- Louis Riddick and Pete Schraeger who were all-in early on.  So, the notion that I was wrong to be skeptical is misguided.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

You guys are nuts.  The reality is that there are zero guarantees when drafting so-called elite QBs and we’ve seen this proven right too many times to count in the NFL.  Very few pundits were jumping on the Mahomes/Reid bandwagon early.  In fact, I can think of two guys —- Louis Riddick and Pete Schraeger who were all-in early on.  So, the notion that I was wrong to be skeptical is misguided.

You would have to totally not understand Andy Reids success with QBs to bet against this pairing. As I said if I could have I would have bought A LOT of stock in this duo. Would have been a no brainer to me taking a QB with his skills and mental makeup and combining it with a guy who's absolutely elite at getting the most out of his QBs. And further more what we know about this league is this is the type of pairing that wins playoff games and Lombardi's. I'm betting big on that stock as well over the next five years. 

Ironically you were really high on Brock Osweiller weren't you? 

40 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

You would have to totally not understand Andy Reids success with QBs to bet against this pairing. As I said if I could have I would have bought A LOT of stock in this duo. Would have been a no brainer to me taking a QB with his skills and mental makeup and combining it with a guy who's absolutely elite at getting the most out of his QBs. And further more what we know about this league is this is the type of pairing that wins playoff games and Lombardi's. I'm betting big on that stock as well over the next five years. 

Ironically you were really high on Brock Osweiller weren't you? 

Hell no I wasn’t high on that clown, but I did think he had a decent shot at being good in that system.  Obviously like many of Elway’s QBs, it didn’t work out.

3 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Dude, isn’t that my point about the advantage being with the HOF QB in the first two games over our first round QB making his season opening debut?????  You’re the one that said we had the advantage, I’m so confused now...

28 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Dude, isn’t that my point about the advantage being with the HOF QB in the first two games over our first round QB making his season opening debut?????  You’re the one that said we had the advantage, I’m so confused now...

We absolutely had the advantage, but at the time, it was unbeknownst to the majority of us.  People inside the Chiefs organization knew exactly what to expect.  That’s my point.  Why this is so difficult for you is puzzling, I’m so confused now... 

Hey, the Chiefs are 9-2 and it's hard to come up with a measurement that proves they aren't the best team in the AFC. But who cares about power rankings in November?  The real season starts now, and we just got back one of the most important players on our roster.

Most of the marquee quarterbacks are on the decline -- and who would you rather have at this point?  Assuming Mahomes stays healthy, KC will have a puncher's chance in every game for the next 15 years. 

It's never been a better time to be a Chiefs fan.

9 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

As far as I remember nobody cared about Mahomes until we moved up to picked him. People on Chiefs boards wanted to have him standing put while others thought we could trade back, etc. Pundits didn't really hype him either. It wasn't until Dorsey moved up a big chunk and Reid-Mahomes duo became a reality that people started to realize the potential. Our staff thought Mahomes was the best QB prospect for us but we have known them to be wrong many times and even they didn't think we would have to move higher than to #10. 

It's true that there are no guarantees in terms of elite QBs. The best prospect might end up being a bust. However we all know that Reid can polish crap and sell him high to a vulnerable GM as he did countless times in the past. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

As far as I remember nobody cared about Mahomes until we moved up to picked him. People on Chiefs boards wanted to have him standing put while others thought we could trade back, etc. Pundits didn't really hype him either. It wasn't until Dorsey moved up a big chunk and Reid-Mahomes duo became a reality that people started to realize the potential. Our staff thought Mahomes was the best QB prospect for us but we have known them to be wrong many times and even they didn't think we would have to move higher than to #10. 

It's true that there are no guarantees in terms of elite QBs. The best prospect might end up being a bust. However we all know that Reid can polish crap and sell him high to a vulnerable GM as he did countless times in the past. 

Not sure if you were around, but there were plenty of people here who knew who he was and were very happy. Especially our resident college fanatics and draft experts.

54 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Not sure if you were around, but there were plenty of people here who knew who he was and were very happy. Especially our resident college fanatics and draft experts.

I remember I said, "We should move up to #10, draft Patrick Mahomes II, let him sit a year behind Alex Smith, then trade Smith to the Redskins for a draft pick and a cornerback."  Everyone thought I was nuts. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I remember I said, "We should move up to #10, draft Patrick Mahomes II, let him sit a year behind Alex Smith, then trade Smith to the Redskins for a draft pick and a cornerback."  Everyone thought I was nuts. 

No, we thought you were nuts because you wanted to trade Marcus Peters for peanuts

21 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Also I pointed out that the Steelers have beaten 1 team with a record over .500 and that was the Ravens who aren't much of a powerhouse  and a few games away from being below .500 themselves.  Sometimes who you play provides a false sense of a team getting better as the year goes...

Same Ravens team that lost to the best team in Football, the Saints on a missed extra pt. Held them to 24 pts.

Clev lost on last second FG miss and held Saints to 21 in week 2

And again, you play who is on your schedule.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Same Ravens team that lost to the best team in Football, the Saints on a missed extra pt. Held them to 24 pts.

Clev lost on last second FG miss and held Saints to 21 in week 2

And again, you play who is on your schedule.

If you don't play well in this league, you are most often going to lose no matter who your playing. There are no cupcakes like in college. 

Pitt and even the Chargers might be playing better now but the same can be said for KC. 

Mahomes has played 12 games, the more experience he gets the better he will be.  Not really unrealistic to think he is probably a better QB now than he was in September.  The same can be said about Tyreek and Hunt as well.   Both are still very young at their respective positions and will only get better with experience, and the chemistry they will get with Pat will only get better as well. The Rams game was about as close to a playoff game without it actually being one.   Mahomes will take that experience and learn from it and get better, same with the Pats game.  So while those 2 teams might be playing better so will KC. 

Can't really buy the Chargers and Pitt were playing poorly at the time we played them.   Charger game was the first game of the season.   It hadn't been established if they were playing good or bad.  Maybe KC made them look like they were playing poorly.  Second game of the season for Pitt and their home opener.     Both teams went on the road and won the following week  so kinda hard for me to say they were playing poorly when they won the following week and neither team has had multiple losses in a row.   

Unless KC just has a massive collapse HFA is ours.   In 2 weeks KC will beat the LAC for the 10th straight time to secure the division and keep the momentum going to HFA is won.  

Larry Johnson said a couple days ago the only team beating the Chiefs in the AFC is the Chiefs, and he is right.   Nobody is coming into AH and winning. 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:31 PM, AppalachianChief said:

Lol, it’s still a great time to be a Chiefs fan. I’ll be rooting for my Chiefs just as hard this Sunday as I’m sure you will. Let’s hope  Ware is hungry to show he is the man!

It's just hard to get that feeling that the Chiefs can whip anyone in Arrowhead and have a shot against any team on the road.  No Hunt and no defense is a bad combination.  Even Berry can't fix those problems. 

Archived