Remaining schedules for KC, NE, Pitt

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's just hard to get that feeling that the Chiefs can whip anyone in Arrowhead and have a shot against any team on the road.  No Hunt and no defense is a bad combination.  Even Berry can't fix those problems. 

I think we had proven we had the offense to do just that especially at home where defense gets a lot of help from the crowd. But our O isn’t likely the same minus Hunt and even with Berry this could really expose defense even more.  

At this point personally I’m back to building for next year as the real window opens after losing Hunt.  I’m certainly not giving up on this team, just trying to be realistic in my expectations.  I’m worried about these next two games now.  

Andys been unreal coaxing a young QB and bad defense into top AFC spot so far. But this would be almost a miracle to pull it off given our current situation. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we had proven we had the offense to do just that especially at home where defense gets a lot of help from the crowd. But our O isn’t likely the same minus Hunt and even with Berry this could really expose defense even more.  

At this point personally I’m back to building for next year as the real window opens after losing Hunt.  I’m certainly not giving up on this team, just trying to be realistic in my expectations.  I’m worried about these next two games now.  

Andys been unreal coaxing a young QB and bad defense into top AFC spot so far. But this would be almost a miracle to pull it off given our current situation. 

Top seed in the AFC doesn't happen very often, and as good as PM has been I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to be an annual thing.  The window is wide open now.  Give Reid a few weeks to figure out the RB situation.

4 minutes ago, Marleydawg said:

Top seed in the AFC doesn't happen very often, and as good as PM has been I don't think it's reasonable to expect it to be an annual thing.  The window is wide open now.  Give Reid a few weeks to figure out the RB situation.

in a few weeks and the Chiefs very well  will be a wild card team instead of a HFA team..he has until Sunday

I don't think the RB situation is that tough to figure out. Any team is always 1 injury away from contention and RBs gets the most punishment hence the next man up should always be ready and Reid already knows that. A week to adjusting to a new starter is generally the norm but afterwards should get going right away .

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

barely well enough it seems..made the Raidirts look almost competent

I don't think we played well against the Raiders but seemed to be less bad so we won. Lack of success against the run seems to be a major problem that we didn't get over all year long. 

We can outscore most teams but historically we have seen Chiefs lose with offensive advantages due to lame defense and obviously the current situation is worrisome for most of us. 

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree 

47 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Did you think we played well yesterday? 

In the overall scheme of things we were pretty average yesterday which would have cost us against a good team. But we also had almost 500 yards off offense and created 3 turnovers vs giving up 1 which is gonna win you most games in this league. So I should revise my statement. You can't play poorly and/or lose turnover battle and expect to win many games in this league. 

44 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't think we played well against the Raiders but seemed to be less bad so we won. Lack of success against the run seems to be a major problem that we didn't get over all year long. 

We can outscore most teams but historically we have seen Chiefs lose with offensive advantages due to lame defense and obviously the current situation is worrisome for most of us. 

Again I think with our pass rush and lethal offense we had formula to win in January. But now the offense isn't as good which could allow teams to be more comfortable sticking with the running game against us. At this point last year we had figured some things out and were flat better vs the run in December. If yesterday was any indication, that's not the case this year at all. It's almost like our safety play is actually getting worse. 

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Guess the Chargers are a pretty good team.

Maybe the luckiest win I have ever seen. Not impressed. Refs gave them at ;least 14 points on obvious missed calls. Really obvious. Missed the field goal 2 times  but got a 3rd chance. Their kicking game is a joke. Chiefs win an Arrowhead shootout.

7 hours ago, robgar said:

Expect Miracles

I'd like too Robgar but I'm being realistic. Unlike some on this board I think our offense was SO good that we had a real shot at getting to Atlanta even with our defensive issues because we at least did have a really good pass rush. But this offense can't just be good, it has to be great for that to happen and I'm not seeing that with a pedestrian running game opponents don't fear. We are putting an unbelievable amount of pressure on a 23 year old QB who I feel extremely confident is going to win us a Lombardi or two. But this situation now just doesn't add up anymore to me. It's first and foremost a coaches and QBs league though so who knows. We've definitely are in good shape there. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'd like too Robgar but I'm being realistic. Unlike some on this board I think our offense was SO good that we had a real shot at getting to Atlanta even with our defensive issues because we at least did have a really good pass rush. But this offense can't just be good, it has to be great for that to happen and I'm not seeing that with a pedestrian running game opponents don't fear. We are putting an unbelievable amount of pressure on a 23 year old QB who I feel extremely confident is going to win us a Lombardi or two. But this situation now just doesn't add up anymore to me. It's first and foremost a coaches and QBs league though so who knows. We've definitely are in good shape there. 

174 Yards rushing yesterday? 

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

In the overall scheme of things we were pretty average yesterday which would have cost us against a good team. But we also had almost 500 yards off offense and created 3 turnovers vs giving up 1 which is gonna win you most games in this league. So I should revise my statement. You can't play poorly and/or lose turnover battle and expect to win many games in this league. 

We had 1 turnover because Oakland refused to catch some balls on defense.  Our quarterback was our leading rusher.  Watkins didn't play, Tyreek had two catches.  Spencer Ware averaged 3.4 per carry and if you take out his one long run, he averaged 2.31.  We gave up almost 450 yards of offense and 28 first downs.  We had an extra point blocked and we had 11 penalties.  And we were never really in jeopardy of losing that game.  That's because the Raiders are a 2-10 dumpster fire.  So IMO the notion that you can't play poorly in the NFL and win because they are all good is just not true.  Some teams are shit. 

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

174 Yards rushing yesterday? 

Our leading rusher was Patrick Mahomes. Ware led our RBs with 47 total yards. Again this is going to have to be a committee approach now. And Andy is REALLY good at creating mismatches and motion to create gaps for the running game. But if we become a gimmick running offense and that's it, we are in trouble. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Our leading rusher was Patrick Mahomes. Ware led our RBs with 47 total yards. Again this is going to have to be a committee approach now. And Andy is REALLY good at creating mismatches and motion to create gaps for the running game. But if we become a gimmick running offense and that's it, we are in trouble. 

So how many yards does the Balt. QB Jackson run for?  New ERA. I saw no gimmicks yesterday. Mahomes made smart running decisions. The Hill run is not uncommon in todays NFL.  What I did not see was the KC RB getting pass catching yards. That is fixable.

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

We had 1 turnover because Oakland refused to catch some balls on defense.  Our quarterback was our leading rusher.  Watkins didn't play, Tyreek had two catches.  Spencer Ware averaged 3.4 per carry and if you take out his one long run, he averaged 2.31.  We gave up almost 450 yards of offense and 28 first downs.  We had an extra point blocked and we had 11 penalties.  And we were never really in jeopardy of losing that game.  That's because the Raiders are a 2-10 dumpster fire.  So IMO the notion that you can't play poorly in the NFL and win because they are all good is just not true.  Some teams are shit. 

Understand your point but when does playing poorly equate to almost 500 yards of offense and one of the best days ever for a Chiefs skill position player? We also had 3 sacks, they had 0. We created 3 turnovers vs 1. We did some things well yesterday too. It's not like we went out and layed a complete egg but won anyway. Was what we did yesterday good enough to beat a playoff team. Heck no. 

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

So how many yards does the Balt. QB Jackson run for?  New ERA. I saw no gimmicks yesterday. Mahomes made smart running decisions. The Hill run is not uncommon in todays NFL.  What I did not see was the KC RB getting pass catching yards. That is fixable.

They are two different types of QBs! Andy Reid really helped our running game out with more RPOs.  It certainly does help that safeties have to respect Mahomes arm so we can run them deep and open up running lanes underneath. Heck its part of what makes our offense good. But if you think Mahomes being our leading rusher is a good thing, then we couldn't be further apart in where that puts our offense. Agree though we've got to get these RBs involved in the passing game. That's probably one of the biggest strengths of Ware's game besides his pass protection skills so I do think that will come. And I will say I did like Williams production with limited reps. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

They are two different types of QBs! Andy Reid really helped our running game out with some of the RPOs we haven't done most of the year. And they absolutely broke WIDE OPEN. It certainly does help that safeties have to respect Mahomes arm so we can run them deep and open up running lanes underneath. Heck its part of what makes our offense good. But if you think Mahomes being our leading rusher is a good thing, then we couldn't be further apart in where that puts our offense. Agree though we've got to get these RBs involved in the passing game. That's probably one of the biggest strengths of Ware's game besides his pass protection skills so I do think that will come. And I will say I did like Williams production with limited reps. 

Mahomes had one big run. I dont consider that our leading rusher. He is not featured like the Balt QB. The play was there and he took it. Teams with QBs that can not run are at a huge disadvantage in todays NFL. 174 Yards rushing is awesome.  Offense was not a problem yesterday. Running was not a problem yesterday. Mahomes missing long passes was a bigger issue.

25 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Mahomes had one big run. I dont consider that our leading rusher. He is not featured like the Balt QB. The play was there and he took it. Teams with QBs that can not run are at a huge disadvantage in todays NFL. 174 Yards rushing is awesome.  Offense was not a problem yesterday. Running was not a problem yesterday. Mahomes missing long passes was a bigger issue.

I agree that if you can't run any RPO stuff because your QB isn't athletic enough, its a disadvantage. But when Mahomes is our leading rusher I do consider that a real problem. I guess we can agree to disagree on that. Mahomes didn't have a great game which is a pretty big statement about how talented he is considering that meant 300 yards and 4 TDs. Tyreek did have two deep balls hit him in the hands yesterday that were dropped.

Archived