Games This Week

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

It's impressive how fast the Bengals completely crumbled apart.

I visited the Bengals forum just before and after they played the Chiefs.  Biggest bunch of whiners and negativity ever seen.  Makes this place seem absolutely sunny. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I visited the Bengals forum just before and after they played the Chiefs.  Biggest bunch of whiners and negativity ever seen.  Makes this place seem absolutely sunny. 

Man, I really don't blame them.  The Bengals have put their fans through hell and people bitch about the Hunts lmao

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

They have quit.

And it shows you how big a part AJ Green is of the offense.

Yeah, they've clearly given up on Marvin Lewis but I think the team has quit on Andy Dalton too.  He's in his 7th or 8th year now and is still completely crumbling without his security blanket at TE, who is a perma brokedick.

They did about as well as they could with the QB position after Carson Palmer literally quit on them, but it's clear that Andey has hit his ceiling in Cincinnati and they should trade him off to Jacksonville.  They need a QB with a stronger arm to take advantage of the targets.

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Man, I really don't blame them.  The Bengals have put their fans through hell and people bitch about the Hunts lmao

They won a wild card game in 1990 for their last playoff win.  Too bad there's no Mahomes in the next draft for them.  

Okay.  New week, new games.  The two of most interest, besides the KC/OAK game, is MINN @ NE, and LAC @ PIT.  The Vikes are 6 point dogs so it would be an upset if NE lost, but we can hope.  The Pats just don't seem so invincible as they were a couple of years back.  Go, Vikes!  LAC at PIT is one of those games where the Chiefs are helped no matter which loses.  PIT is a 3.5 favorite, but the Chargers look really good.  With the loss to Denver, I think LAC is going to have to depend on a Chiefs collapse to win the division so we should probably be rooting for them.   At the same time, PIT has a couple of more games where they will be under dogs and watching the Chargers pick up their fourth loss is also appealing.  

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah, they've clearly given up on Marvin Lewis but I think the team has quit on Andy Dalton too.  He's in his 7th or 8th year now and is still completely crumbling without his security blanket at TE, who is a perma brokedick.

They did about as well as they could with the QB position after Carson Palmer literally quit on them, but it's clear that Andey has hit his ceiling in Cincinnati and they should trade him off to Jacksonville.  They need a QB with a stronger arm to take advantage of the targets.

Palmer didn't quit on them- he saw what a crap organization it is and what poor HC Lewis is. Great DC, poor Head Coach.

On 11/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, liquidfriend said:

It's impressive how fast the Bengals completely crumbled apart.

I think it's about time they moved on from Dalton. He has always been a decent regular season QB but crumbles in the clutch. I think the injury will show how replaceable he really is and they move on, don't know about the financial constrictions though. Besides finishing the season behind the Browns should be very hard to swallow. 

Back on topic:  Do we want the Steelers to beat the Chargers or the other way around?  If PIT wins, it virtually sews up the AFC West for the Chiefs regardless of the head to head game in three weeks.  If the Chargers win, PIT has probably taken themselves out of a bye in the playoffs.  I'm rooting for PIT since they will lose again at least once against NO and NE.

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Back on topic:  Do we want the Steelers to beat the Chargers or the other way around?  If PIT wins, it virtually sews up the AFC West for the Chiefs regardless of the head to head game in three weeks.  If the Chargers win, PIT has probably taken themselves out of a bye in the playoffs.  I'm rooting for PIT since they will lose again at least once against NO and NE.

Pitt to beat Chargers, like you said Pitt has opportunities to lose down the road and we can basically wrap the division up if we beat the Chargers a few weeks later.

25 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Pitt to beat Chargers, like you said Pitt has opportunities to lose down the road and we can basically wrap the division up if we beat the Chargers a few weeks later.

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers in Arrowhead in three weeks, the division race is over no matter the other games.  That would be like a three game lead since the Chiefs have the tie breaker.  My thought was that if PIT wins Sunday, the Chiefs would probably win the division even if they lost to both the Chargers and the Seahawks.  Don't think that will happen, but it's good to cover all bases.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think it's about time they moved on from Dalton. He has always been a decent regular season QB but crumbles in the clutch. I think the injury will show how replaceable he really is and they move on, don't know about the financial constrictions though. Besides finishing the season behind the Browns should be very hard to swallow. 

I'd have to agree.  I don't think he fits with what they're wanting to do on Offense, but it'll be interesting trying to figure out what direction they will go after Marvin is shown the exit.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers in Arrowhead in three weeks, the division race is over no matter the other games.  That would be like a three game lead since the Chiefs have the tie breaker.  My thought was that if PIT wins Sunday, the Chiefs would probably win the division even if they lost to both the Chargers and the Seahawks.  Don't think that will happen, but it's good to cover all bases.

This scenario kind of opens up the possiblity the Chiefs could be the 3 or 4 seed which I really haven't even considered. (I've assumed 1,2 or 5). So if we are the three we'd open at home against the Ravens, Titans or even Broncos. The 4 seed would be a rematch vs Chargers. 5 seed we may open at the Chargers or Steelers. There are no easy roads to lets just keep it at home. 

47 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

This scenario kind of opens up the possiblity the Chiefs could be the 3 or 4 seed which I really haven't even considered. (I've assumed 1,2 or 5). So if we are the three we'd open at home against the Ravens, Titans or even Broncos. The 4 seed would be a rematch vs Chargers. 5 seed we may open at the Chargers or Steelers. There are no easy roads to lets just keep it at home. 

I think that #4 is unlikely.  Could happen, but the Chiefs should go 12-4 at worst.  That's assuming two wins over the Raiders and one more among BAL, LAC, and SEA.  PIT will lose at least one more and win their division at 11-4-1 or worse.  Most likely by my guess is that it goes #1 NE, #2 KC, #3 HOU, #4 PIT, #5 LAC, and #6 will be some team with a 9-7 record.  The HOU/KC tiebreakers have too many permutations to figure out yet so it's possible that they could switch and HOU would get the bye.  Let's hope not.

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

I think that #4 is unlikely.  Could happen, but the Chiefs should go 12-4 at worst.  That's assuming two wins over the Raiders and one more among BAL, LAC, and SEA.  PIT will lose at least one more and win their division at 11-4-1 or worse.  Most likely by my guess is that it goes #1 NE, #2 KC, #3 HOU, #4 PIT, #5 LAC, and #6 will be some team with a 9-7 record.  The HOU/KC tiebreakers have too many permutations to figure out yet so it's possible that they could switch and HOU would get the bye.  Let's hope not.

I'm all in on the Chiefs finishing 14-2 if the starters play the last game of the regular season or 13-3 if the starters rest the last game. Don't care about the 13-3 jinx crap, Mahomes changes everything. Chiefs Home field throughout the playoffs and 1st round bye. WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN!!

Ravens game becomes the classic trap game of sorts in my opinion as we play a capable team four days before the Chargers game for the division title. We handled our business in a similar spot in Cleveland but we’re pretty sloppy in doing it   

What I like though is we will then get 3 extra days to prepare for a likely playoff bound Seattle team playing well and with the second best home field advantage in football. Andy seems to thrive with extra prep time  

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Ravens game becomes the classic trap game of sorts in my opinion as we play a capable team four days before the Chargers game for the division title. We handled our business in a similar spot in Cleveland but we’re pretty sloppy in doing it   

What I like though is we will then get 3 extra days to prepare for a likely playoff bound Seattle team playing well and with the second best home field advantage in football. Andy seems to thrive with extra prep time  

BAL could be the classic trap game except the Chiefs will be playing in Arrowhead after a three week absence.  The Ravens will still be fighting for a play off spot, but I think the Arrowhead advantage is enough to make a Chiefs' win likely.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

BAL could be the classic trap game except the Chiefs will be playing in Arrowhead after a three week absence.  The Ravens will still be fighting for a play off spot, but I think the Arrowhead advantage is enough to make a Chiefs' win likely.

Good point. It'll actually be a full month without a game at Arrowhead too. 

On 11/26/2018 at 2:13 PM, Handswarmer said:

They have quit.

And it shows you how big a part AJ Green is of the offense.

What’s sad is they have a lot of dynamic weapons on O.   John Ross, Tyler Boyd, AJ, Mixon and Giovani.   There really is no reason they aren’t better and they are wasting a stud DT Atkins.  It very much so resembles the Chiefs with Alex.  A good but not great qb is a hard situation to move forward from.   Still gotta take the chance to be great over hoping all the stars align and you luck through the playoffs.   

Not the most exciting week coming up, and not much hope for playoff teams going down.  The most relevant game is, of course, BAL at KC.  The Chiefs are favored, but the Raven defense, ball control game, and Chiefs inept defense makes this one uncertain.  The KC defense has played better at home so maybe that will be enough and if Mahomes avoids turn overs, the Chiefs should win.

IND @ HOU could be close and could have a big impact on HFA next month.  The Texans are 4.5 favorites but Luck is playing well enough to challenge.

NE @ MIA is one that can turn into a good game, but I don't see the fish winning this one.  NE favored by 7.5.

PIT @ OAK and CINN @ LAC are both double digit spreads and don't expect the Chiefs to get any help from either game.

Bottom line hasn't changed.  The Chiefs have to beat the Chargers a week later to win the division no matter the outcomes of this weekend..  

Archived