I was watching the game again and wanted to see how this guy did.  He absolutely stone walled Suh and Brockers when he went against them. He also did very well against Donald on the handful of times he went against him. 

This kid was very impressive.  I hope they move him to LG next year when LDT comes back.  Those two are big physical guards.  We might have found something goif in Wylie. 

Grading out so far at a 58.8. Good for 47th among all offensive guards.

Cam Erving now grading out at a 42.7 overall, good for 72nd among all guards.

Austin Reiter grading out at a 72.0. Good for 10th among all centers. We have found Morse's replacement for dirt cheap. Resigning Morse likely wont even be considered IMO.

Fisher grading out at a 64.2 overall. Good for 50th among all tackles.

Mitchell Schwartz grading out at an 83.2 overall. Good for 3rd among all tackles. STUD.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i saw one play where he took two guys out with one block to clear space for Kareem...liked seeing that kind of stuff

That was impressive! So he can clearly get out to the second level quickly as well which is a big thing in an Andy Reid offense. 

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Grading out so far at a 58.8. Good for 47th among all offensive guards.

Cam Erving now grading out at a 42.7 overall, good for 72nd among all guards.

Austin Reiter grading out at a 72.0. Good for 10th among all centers. We have found Morse's replacement for dirt cheap. Resigning Morse likely wont even be considered IMO.

Fisher grading out at a 64.2 overall. Good for 50th among all tackles.

Mitchell Schwartz grading out at an 83.2 overall. Good for 3rd among all tackles. STUD.

Reiter has held up unbelievably well at such an important position! With him doing this or not though, no way I'm bringing Morse back after this year. In fact I'm hoping he will retire for his own sake. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

There's a clear drop in Fisher's performance but didn't expect him to be ranked so low. Reiter still doesn't have much of a sample size so I wouldn't really consider him a lock but so far I like him better than Morse. 

Have we ever had a stud LG next to him though? I hope we can see what it is like when we do.

I love Reiter too. He has played well.  With more hurt every year and seemingly missing games maybe we should move on.  I kind of hope that Khalil mackenzie is being groomed at center too. He is a big tick kid that moves well. And at 6'3" 320 he's plenty of size.  Him and Reiter can fight for the job. And erving can be a swing back up to about any position.  Then draft a developmental tackle in round 4 or 5

LT- Fisher, Erving, draft

LG- Wylie. Erving

C- mackenzie,  Reiter, erving

RG, LDT,  Erving

RT- Schwartz, erving, draft

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Will we ever see MacKensie this year?  He might be one of those experiments that just doesn't work out.  We just never hear anything about him.  Even with all the injuries, he's never been active as far as I know.

No, but I really doubt they planned on it. Transitioning from defense to offense in this league is going to take some time. But the fact we held him on the active roster knowing this is a big sign they think he has a real future there. Doesn't guarantee anything, but my point would be not to worry about his PT this year. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

We could use all the bargain contracts we could get moving forward .  Especially with Berry’s and Houston’s huge contract and the Dee Ford situation.   Love seeing backups taking the opportunity and making something out of it.   

Im thinking more and more Houston just has to be released. Save 14 mill and eat 7 mill in dead cap. Hes a good football player but he isnt close to resembling a 21 million dollar football player.

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Have we ever had a stud LG next to him though? I hope we can see what it is like when we do.

LG has always been the weakest spot on OL, even had guys come in from the street and start. However Fisher seems to fail to hold his own in quite a bit one-on-one situations. Still didn't expect him to be ranked so low. Not sure if this is a down year for DEs and OLBs. 

We paid Fisher top 5 LT money and even after years passed he's still the 8th highest paid guy in the NFL. I think he should be making the LGs look better. I was hopeful the way Erving started the season but Wylie seems like the better guy at this point assuming he can translate his play to the other side. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Im thinking more and more Houston just has to be released. Save 14 mill and eat 7 mill in dead cap. Hes a good football player but he isnt close to resembling a 21 million dollar football player.

He's not that far off though. That being said we simply need him to resemble a 14-million guy at this point since the other money is already off the books. So far Houston seems to be the only LB capable of stopping the run and our best LB.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:39 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Plus 15 million in dead money. No way he gets cut.

That 20 million dollar signing bonus is our stumbling block toward having any leverage. He’s got 7.25 million in 2019 salary that becomes guranteeed in March which is a killer if he can’t play. I don’t even know if we could use June 1 designation cut to get away from paying that?  If so there would be some small chance we would.  

Mostly we’ve just gotta hope he’s got one more good season in him.  

Berry will more than likely come back next year and help our D and he is impossible to cut until 2020 at the earliest.   Houston is the biggest question.  He is still a very good player but he's not elite.  I don't like redoing contracts as it kicks the can down the road and our team cannot do that with Hill, Jones and Mahomes coming up in a few.    It makes the decision harder because the last two games Houston, Jones and For have being doing real well.   Realistically, getting Watts and Berry back will help tremendously next year and drafting/signing another DB, S, ILB, DL will go along way to fixing this D.   

Archived