Chiefs really let this game go.

Dirty Dan and Orlando should never see the field.

dan was absolutely abused every time he touched the field.

Mcvay went after him every single time he touched the field.

the last drive was all Dan.

and the touchdown prior was all dan too.

he comes back, takes time away from Lucas... not great player evaluation by bob and crew

6 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Watts was going to be big time this year. Berry better be back for December 

We have seen way too many Safeties come in the mid to late rounds that was supposed to be studs but for some reason they all seem to get injured in the rookie season and make their way out of the league way too soon. 

Jalil Brown, DeQuan Menzie, Eric Murray, Leon McQuay were all supposed to be solid Safety additions. Hopefully Watts breaks the cycle, I liked him before the injury. 

A couple things here.  First, if you watch the defensive formations, you’ll see numerous instances where dirty dan was rolled out essentially playing the corner position in one on one coverage.  I don’t love nor hate the guy, he’s a classic case of some things he does well and some he doesn’t, and playing press man falls in the latter category.  A bunch of those plays fall under “wtf is Sutton thinking?”  Generally I defend Sutton , but holy shit watching him ask a safety who doesn’t excel in press man anyway to go out on an island with safety help that never materialized, after recently coming off of IR , was just downright maddening. Every time I think Sutton has us trending in the right direction he does something that makes me think he has lost the concept of knowing strengths and weaknesses of players. 

Secondly, the offense, particularly the fluttered pass that got picked off, was particularly frustrating.  First of all, I realize they have a stout line that can pressure a qb, but I felt like our offensive line largely played like shit.  Even more frustrating was watching Reid call a play where Travis Kelce was in pass pro and failed miserably. Stats be damned, that was a miserable showing by Kelce between the piss poor blocking attempt and pivotal drops. Yes, Mahomes had turnovers, and they hurt, but did you guys see his jersey at the end of the game?  He got the shit beat out of him all night and still stood tall.  Even with the turnovers I think that was his most impressive performance to date , because he continued to ball out despite his mistakes and mistakes of those around him.  He absolutely proved that he’s got the mental agility to match his physical prowess. I can’t ever recall a game of which a qb got beat around, balls tipped, pounded and stripped in the pocket, and still throw for over 400 yards, 5 tds and manufacture 40+ points. He did that with disappointing protection, Watkins   on the sidelines, with multiple backups playing on the line and Kelce dropping balls.  That’s damn impressive if you ask me, so yea he was forcing it at the end, but I can’t blame him for that.  If that same game is played a year ago we lose by 28 points. He’s doing this with 12 career games under his belt.  As a qb.  Who couldn’t even buy a beer a couple of years ago.  

I just can’t complain about this loss.  It doesn’t change anything for the chiefs in the long run.  It gave our young qb a learning experience on the road that he still excelled in. I still have no expectation of a super bowl this year, same as I had prior to the season, but this team is way ahead of schedule , and a few good offseason moves can literally make this team the odds on favorite for the 2020 super bowl.  We’re probably closer to where we want to go than we have been at any point in my lifetime, so one more offseason to shine the tires and change a couple of spark plugs, and we’re flying next year. 

14 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Watts was going to be big time this year. Berry better be back for December 

From what I just read Watts could possibly be the guy who returns from IR in a few weeks as he’s almost been cleared to play.  I’m guessing if.Berry can’t go they do this instead of LDT. 

15 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

i agree. dan was lit up. with that being said the second to last drive ( peters int) is what the problem is. whether it was reid or mahomes but they were trying for big plays instead of dinking and dunking and using hunt. we had 200  min and 3 time outs. 

Should have used the middle of the field more with that time and timeouts....

But Andy was crucified in Philly for play calling/time management in crucial games and at crunch time

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

A couple things here.  First, if you watch the defensive formations, you’ll see numerous instances where dirty dan was rolled out essentially playing the corner position in one on one coverage.  I don’t love nor hate the guy, he’s a classic case of some things he does well and some he doesn’t, and playing press man falls in the latter category.  A bunch of those plays fall under “wtf is Sutton thinking?”  Generally I defend Sutton , but holy shit watching him ask a safety who doesn’t excel in press man anyway to go out on an island with safety help that never materialized, after recently coming off of IR , was just downright maddening. Every time I think Sutton has us trending in the right direction he does something that makes me think he has lost the concept of knowing strengths and weaknesses of players. 

Secondly, the offense, particularly the fluttered pass that got picked off, was particularly frustrating.  First of all, I realize they have a stout line that can pressure a qb, but I felt like our offensive line largely played like shit.  Even more frustrating was watching Reid call a play where Travis Kelce was in pass pro and failed miserably. Stats be damned, that was a miserable showing by Kelce between the piss poor blocking attempt and pivotal drops. Yes, Mahomes had turnovers, and they hurt, but did you guys see his jersey at the end of the game?  He got the shit beat out of him all night and still stood tall.  Even with the turnovers I think that was his most impressive performance to date , because he continued to ball out despite his mistakes and mistakes of those around him.  He absolutely proved that he’s got the mental agility to match his physical prowess. I can’t ever recall a game of which a qb got beat around, balls tipped, pounded and stripped in the pocket, and still throw for over 400 yards, 5 tds and manufacture 40+ points. He did that with disappointing protection, Watkins   on the sidelines, with multiple backups playing on the line and Kelce dropping balls.  That’s damn impressive if you ask me, so yea he was forcing it at the end, but I can’t blame him for that.  If that same game is played a year ago we lose by 28 points. He’s doing this with 12 career games under his belt.  As a qb.  Who couldn’t even buy a beer a couple of years ago.  

I just can’t complain about this loss.  It doesn’t change anything for the chiefs in the long run.  It gave our young qb a learning experience on the road that he still excelled in. I still have no expectation of a super bowl this year, same as I had prior to the season, but this team is way ahead of schedule , and a few good offseason moves can literally make this team the odds on favorite for the 2020 super bowl.  We’re probably closer to where we want to go than we have been at any point in my lifetime, so one more offseason to shine the tires and change a couple of spark plugs, and we’re flying next year. 

He was playing press man on the tightend. I did notice. I was strictly watching dan closely.

and for the loss- it was more of a wow, did we really shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly and still scored 51. I do think the chiefs are a better team than that. 

Chiefs SS Eric Berry (heel) is expected to resume practicing next week.

The Chiefs are off this week, but Berry should be back on the practice field when they return from their bye. It's unlikely Berry will be ready for Week 13 against Oakland, though it appears the All-Pro safety is finally trending in the right direction. His return, whenever that may be, will be an enormous boost to a Chiefs secondary that has struggled all season.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

From what I just read Watts could possibly be the guy who returns from IR in a few weeks as he’s almost been cleared to play.  I’m guessing if.Berry can’t go they do this instead of LDT. 

What really hurts is we used one of our exceptions on Dan..........I think you have to bring Watts back at this point because Wylie is playing so well and Murray, Parker and Dan are playing so horribly.    

My only concern about freezing LDT on IR is that the Chiefs are only one more injury from having a disaster on the O-line.  If one of the three currently inside linemen got hurt, who would play?  Watt would need some time to get up to speed and has little game experience while LDT could probably step in as soon as he's healthy.  JMHO

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

What really hurts is we used one of our exceptions on Dan..........I think you have to bring Watts back at this point because Wylie is playing so well and Murray, Parker and Dan are playing so horribly.    

Just gotta hope Dan works his way back to near 100 percent over this next month.  He can be productive in some roles as he showed in 2016.  I think it will come down to who’s actually healthiest actually. But Berry’s ability to play looms large. 

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My only concern about freezing LDT on IR is that the Chiefs are only one more injury from having a disaster on the O-line.  If one of the three currently inside linemen got hurt, who would play?  Watt would need some time to get up to speed and has little game experience while LDT could probably step in as soon as he's healthy.  JMHO

Agree. I don’t think they do this if he can truly come back anywhere near 100 percent. This is an expensive versatile player who can help protect offense.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Just gotta hope Dan works his way back to near 100 percent over this next month.  He can be productive in some roles as he showed in 2016.  I think it will come down to who’s actually healthiest actually. But Berry’s ability to play looms large. 

Dan is awful regardless.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Dan is awful regardless.

He was pretty darn good in his role as third safety in 2016!  He’s a limited athlete though who needs help around him and as such another horrendous Dorsey contract. 

Unbelievable how good we are with the worst safeties in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He was pretty darn good in his role as third safety in 2016!  He’s a limited athlete though who needs help around him and as such another horrendous Dorsey contract. 

Unbelievable how good we are with the worst safeties in the NFL.  

I think we found his replacement in that one area he was decent and I think Dorian is already better and he has a long way to go before he reaches his ceiling.   Dan is pretty terrible and a horrible contract by Dorsey, hindsight being 20/20.

14 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And it's been implied that coaches don't care about winning and fans are the best evaluators of talent. 

Sometimes you can't see the forest from the trees. 

Blind devotion.  You keep thinking Sorenson is out best option because soon keeps playing him.  Just like when we thought Grbac was a better option than Gannon.  Those know it all coaches

5 hours ago, Palangi said:

Blind devotion.  You keep thinking Sorenson is out best option because soon keeps playing him.  Just like when we thought Grbac was a better option than Gannon.  Those know it all coaches

Coaches have a lot more information and a much better understanding of what they are asking players to do than fans.  That said it’s a simple fact of coaching at any level of competitive sports that there’s some favoritism and politics involved in making decisions too.  

Also I had a high school track coach tell me a few years back he’s got the best coaching gig possible at the high school level because he doesn’t have to put up with parents screaming about playing time. The fastest runners are always the ones running in meets period.  MUCH more difficult in a subjective evaluation within a team sports environment to do this.  And I think this applies to the NFL as well. 

So yes sometimes fans can be right although most of the time the simple eye test with the limited reps they see can be  really deceiving.  Meanwhile coaches are evaluating every snap in games and practice with a better true understanding of the players responsibility within the scheme. 

4 hours ago, Palangi said:

We see it with andy keeping sutton too.

Archived