8 hours ago, Palangi said:

Sometimes you can't see the forest from the trees. 

Blind devotion.  You keep thinking Sorenson is out best option because soon keeps playing him.  Just like when we thought Grbac was a better option than Gannon.  Those know it all coaches

And you believe you can coach this team better from your couch.

If you truly feel you're right and they're wrong why aren't you standing outside 1 Arrowhead Drive pounding on the doors. Instead of writing in here, I doubt anyone with any say are reading these post.

Why aren't you contacting Clark or Andy directly? 

You bitching about the Chiefs in here is like me bitching about people like you, it does nothing but releases your frustration. 

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And you believe you can coach this team better from your couch.

If you truly feel you're right and they're wrong why aren't you standing outside 1 Arrowhead Drive pounding on the doors. Instead of writing in here, I doubt anyone with any say are reading these post.

Why aren't you contacting Clark or Andy directly? 

You bitching about the Chiefs in here is like me bitching about people like you, it does nothing but releases your frustration. 

Never said that but way too put words in my mouth. 

It doesn't take a professional NFL coach to see Sorenson struggle and lucas make plays. 

But way too be childish and make this a go coach the team argument. 

8 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Coaches have a lot more information and a much better understanding of what they are asking players to do than fans.  That said it’s a simple fact of coaching at any level of competitive sports that there’s some favoritism and politics involved in making decisions too.  

Also I had a high school track coach tell me a few years back he’s got the best coaching gig possible at the high school level because he doesn’t have to put up with parents screaming about playing time. The fastest runners are always the ones running in meets period.  MUCH more difficult in a subjective evaluation within a team sports environment to do this.  And I think this applies to the NFL as well. 

So yes sometimes fans can be right although most of the time the simple eye test with the limited reps they see can be  really deceiving.  Meanwhile coaches are evaluating every snap in games and practice with a better true understanding of the players responsibility within the scheme. 

I agree.  I think for some reason Sorenson is a security blanket for sutton.  When in reality he is probably nothing more than a special teams type guy

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

I agree.  I think for some reason Sorenson is a security blanket for sutton.  When in reality he is probably nothing more than a special teams type guy

Sorenson made plays and graded out as a solid safety when he had Eric Berry there to narrow his role and cover his lack of speed. But he cannot cover anyone one on one (certainly not coming back from injury) and that’s exactly why teams will try to isolate him. 

Hopefully Sutton has some sort of answer.  

18 hours ago, Calichief said:

Look how long it took them to figure out Abdullah was a stud. And to put Kendrick Lewis on the bench... just one example 

Of course in that case Abdullah was completely out of football for a year which could have mattered.  But you’re  right the NFL (heck all sports at all levels for that matter) is littered with players that were sitting mostly on the bench that turned out to be really good players when given a legit opportunity .  If Trent Green doesn’t get hurt we may have never heard of Kurt Warner.  

Of course for every guy like or Rich Gannon, there’s 10 Brodie Croyles fans are clamoring for that don’t amount to squat   

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Of course in that case Abdullah was completely out of football for a year which could have mattered.  But you’re  right the NFL (heck all sports at all levels for that matter) is littered with players that were sitting mostly on the bench that turned out to be really good players when given a legit opportunity .  If Trent Green doesn’t get hurt we may have never heard of Kurt Warner.  

Of course for every guy like or Rich Gannon, there’s 10 Brodie Croyles fans are clamoring for that don’t amount to squat   

But, ultimately what I’m getting at is-

lewis was soooo bad it couldn’t have hurt to make a change instead he kept getting run out there

same with sorenson

27 minutes ago, Calichief said:

But, ultimately what I’m getting at is-

lewis was soooo bad it couldn’t have hurt to make a change instead he kept getting run out there

same with sorenson

Problem is everyone wants Lucas in there including me but he grades out bottom 5 in the entire league in run defense (our biggest weakness). The only solid around guy we have is Murray and most people hate him. Otherwise we’ve got a group of limited guys at a position you really need versatility   And that applies to Sorenson who aside from rapidly declining Parker has had the most success of anyone in that unit in the past.  

Archived