RAGLAND: "Alabma would have a winning Record vs NFL teams"

13 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Says this guy .......

“We would beat NFL teams,” Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Reggie Ragland, who played for Alabama from 2012-15, told Klemko. “I ain’t even gon’ lie to you; it’d be a winning record, and we’d make the playoffs.”

And how many more arm tackles would this guy whiff on? SMDH

Westgate Vegas put out hypothetical lines for Alabama vs all NFL teams a few weeks ago. The Bills were the only team favored by less than 30 (29.5)   This is not the sport an upset like this is even remotely possible   Maybe basketball although KU coach Bill Self has always laughed at that saying things like those are men up there.

Alabama vs. Kansas City Chiefs 

• Spread: Chiefs -49.5
  • Fake prop: Over/under 3.5 holy s*** throws from Patrick Mahomes that make Saban think “we’re not playin’ Ty Storey anymore.  

As people will say time and time again, each NFL team has 53 pros. Alabama has maybe 18 if we are super generous, and probably only 6 significant NFL starters right now. Anyone under 20 would probably get seriously roughed up by fully developed men.

I hate to see what becomes of Alabama when Saban is gone...

Remember when one pro pre-season game was against the college all stars?  More than 50 years ago, it was actually competitive but around the early 1970s (I think) it was dropped because the pros were just to good for the college kids to compete.  Maybe the pros were also afraid their draft choices would get injured.  I don't recall exactly when or why the tradition was cancelled, but the last few years it turned into a rout. 

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Remember when one pro pre-season game was against the college all stars?  More than 50 years ago, it was actually competitive but around the early 1970s (I think) it was dropped because the pros were just to good for the college kids to compete.  Maybe the pros were also afraid their draft choices would get injured.  I don't recall exactly when or why the tradition was cancelled, but the last few years it turned into a rout. 

1976 was last game.

Every few years someone makes a silly comment like this. I remember comparisons of Nebraska, USC and other college teams in their heydays when no other college team could beat them and some commentator would say that team was so good they could play in the NFL. 

It's laughable.

If Alabama were to play the worst team in the NFL (let's say it's the Raiders), the Raiders would annihilate Alabama by 100 points, easily. The Alabama line, on both sides of the ball, would evaporate and Tua would get sacked every time he dropped back to pass. Bama would have negative rushing yards and Oakland could run on every offensive down and score TDs on every drive. 

On 11/23/2018 at 3:09 PM, jetlord said:

I remember that. The first football game I ever watched was the Jets vs the college all stars. I was 8 or 9 years old.

I enjoyed it and, because they won, I came dangerously close to becoming a Jets fan that day.

These were basically scrimmage games for the NFL champion and a chance for college players to show their stuff for potential NFL teams. 

Archived