Raiders Week - Away game

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were in a 3 point game on the road yesterday in Baltimore in the 4th quarter so the team isn’t completely incapable.  Plus I’d expect this to be their Super Bowl and we know their fans will be throwing batteries at Mahomes trying to rattle him.  Fortunately his alma mater likes to throw tortillas at people so maybe that won’t matter. LOL

Just go take care of the football and do our thing.  Suck the life out of the effort. 

Andy is 16-3 in post-bye games which is one of the best if not the best in the NFL. KC is coming off a disappointing National televised loss on Monday Night against a team many believe to be the NFCs representative in the SB. They are playing the hated, not so much lately since they have sucked so bad. They are something like 19-1 against the AFC West.

I see the Chiefs knocking the rust off and solidifying the Raiders #1 pick in next years raft. Mahomes will probably have another 300+ and 4+ TD game.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Andy is 16-3 in post-bye games which is one of the best if not the best in the NFL. KC is coming off a disappointing National televised loss on Monday Night against a team many believe to be the NFCs representative in the SB. They are playing the hated, not so much lately since they have sucked so bad. They are something like 19-1 against the AFC West.

I see the Chiefs knocking the rust off and solidifying the Raiders #1 pick in next years raft. Mahomes will probably have another 300+ and 4+ TD game.

Getting ahead of ourselves and probably jinxing everything, but if the Chiefs have a three score lead in the fourth quarter, I wouldn't mind seeing Henne get a few snaps at the end.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Getting ahead of ourselves and probably jinxing everything, but if the Chiefs have a three score lead in the fourth quarter, I wouldn't mind seeing Henne get a few snaps at the end.

If the Raiders start taking cheap shots then yes, if not let him work on beating Manning's TD record and helping his chances at winning MVP. You don't see Brees or Brady coming out in blowouts.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Hope not. I want to see Andy commit to the run some. Run hunt and control the game.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

If they can hang up points on BAL on the road, they can hang twice as many on the Chiefs in OAK.  At the same time, the Chiefs could put 35 on them by halftime if they get rolling.  Should be a sure win...................but any given Sunday, blah, blah, blah.

Hang? They scored on the opening drive.....then a FG off the INT of Jackson- they needed 7 plays to go 20 yds for the FG....then a 75 yd drive for the 2nd TD.....

They couldn't hang curtains yesterday

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

This is misleading to say the least any more. He lost in 2012 to the Falcons, 2013 to the Broncos and then last year to the 1-8 Giants, where he had never lost to a team with a losing record after the bye until then. So as of late he is 3-3.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

3-2 during his KC stint so 2/3rds of his losses have been recently during this HC stint.

13-1 in Phi

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

This is misleading to say the least any more. He lost in 2012 to the Falcons, 2013 to the Broncos and then last year to the 1-8 Giants, where he had never lost to a team with a losing record after the bye until then. So as of late he is 3-3.

lost 1 in Philly (last season there) had gopne 13-0 to start. 2 here

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

lost 1 in Philly (last season there) had gopne 13-0 to start. 2 here

Yes, why I included the years they lost. I assumed most knew he started 2013 with us but thank you for the clarification for those that did not.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Hang? They scored on the opening drive.....then a FG off the INT of Jackson- they needed 7 plays to go 20 yds for the FG....then a 75 yd drive for the 2nd TD.....

It was a 3 point game with about 10 minutes left wasn’t it?  Raiders have actually been in about half the games into the 4th only to self destruct or just wear down.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

The Chiefs' O gave up 21 to the Rams last week.  The points all count, no matter how they're scored.  I'm not saying the Raiders are a threat to most teams, but if they score against BAL, they should score more against KC.  Plus there's a long history of the underdog in the KC/OAK brawls coming up with a better performance than would be expected.    

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Alex was absolutely miserable in that Giants game.  Really gave Andy no chance. Broncos were just plain better playing st home. Win this game and he’s right back on track at 4-2 here.

But lose to an inferior team there’s no doubt he’s doing something different or players aren’t responding to his bye week formula the way they used too  

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It was a 3 point game with about 10 minutes left wasn’t it?  Raiders have actually been in about half the games into the 4th only to self destruct or just wear down.  

10 point game- 27-17 after Crabtree scored at the 11:16 mark in the 4th qtr.

They were never really 'in it'....they were dominated all game up front on both sides of the ball. 34:12 in possession for the ravens

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs' O gave up 21 to the Rams last week.  The points all count, no matter how they're scored.  I'm not saying the Raiders are a threat to most teams, but if they score against BAL, they should score more against KC.  Plus there's a long history of the underdog in the KC/OAK brawls coming up with a better performance than would be expected.    

It’s amazing how we played Oakland last year. First game in Oakland is the tape I’m sure Gruden is watching where Carr has a huge day and they beat us in a scorefesr at the buzzer.  Second game we had them shut out into the 4th quarter. Just shows how fickle it can be in this league sometimes.  

Just now, Handswarmer said:

10 point game- 27-17 after Crabtree scored at the 11:16 mark in the 4th qtr.

They were never really 'in it'....they were dominated all game up front on both sides of the ball. 34:12 in possession for the ravens

Okay. So it was a legit 3 point game into the 4th quarter. I was forced to watch Patriots and Jets so I was paying attention to the scores and I just remember that surprising me.  This is the NFL so I’m not dogging Ravens but pointing out a reality.  

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It’s amazing how we played Oakland last year. First game in Oakland is the tape I’m sure Gruden is watching where Carr has a huge day and they beat us in a scorefesr at the buzzer.  Second game we had them shut out into the 4th quarter. Just shows how fickle it can be in this league sometimes.  

OAK was a much better team last season.  Remember?  They were the talking head darlings to win the division before the season started.  Gruden just dismantled the system and traded away the present for a hoped for future in LAS.  The ending of the game in OAK last season was one of those that caused us to keep asking, "How did that just happen?"

Archived