Will the Brees for MVP talk slow down?

Lamardirts

I understand Mahomes mades some boneheaded plays against the Rams but he also threw for nearly 500 yards and 6 TD.     The saints scored 10 points......10!    I think Brees is awesome but I wonder how the media will spin his pathetic performance tonight?

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why do we care who the MVP might be?  It's all about winning.  If the Chiefs win at least four more games and gain the first or second seed, then Mahomes has proved his value.  I'd trade every MVP honor and every pro bowl slot for a playoff run.

Why do we care how much someone is paid or if the organization tells it's fans every little thing regarding the Chiefs? Why do we care who everyone else is playing? Because there is nothing really to talk about now.

Oh, also because no Chief in the history of the NFL has ever won the MVP award. They have been to the SB twice.

They lost against Tampa this year and unless they can win easily again next week I think Brees will be out of the MVP talk. I didn't get to watch him a lot this year but looked very conservative against the Cowboys, may be the low interception numbers got in his head. Also doesn't seem as lethal without the solid run game, which seems to be the key to beating the Saints. Just stop the run and the rest will crumble. 

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Why do we care how much someone is paid or if the organization tells it's fans every little thing regarding the Chiefs? Why do we care who everyone else is playing? Because there is nothing really to talk about now.

Oh, also because no Chief in the history of the NFL has ever won the MVP award. They have been to the SB twice.

I care about how much someone is paid for one gigantic important reason.  The salary cap.  How the salary cap is handled is of massive importance in this league and as such each salary should be scrutinized. 

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Mahomes MVP

or

Chiefs SB win

Which would you rather have?

Pretty stupid question....They have nothing to do with each other!  It's like going over to the "Rest of the season schedule" Thread and posting "Would you rather win the Super Bowl or talk about the rest of our schedule"

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I care about how much someone is paid for one gigantic important reason.  The salary cap.  How the salary cap is handled is of massive importance in this league and as such each salary should be scrutinized. 

I could care less, only micro managers with nothing better to do with their lives care about this. Why you ask, because YOU have know say and never will.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I could care less, only micro managers with nothing better to do with their lives care about this. Why you ask, because YOU have know say and never will.

Handling salary cap is just as important as what you do on draft day. It either creates opportunities when handled right or stymies roster development when it’s not. John Dorsey was almost certainly fired for bad contracts he handed out that buried us against CAP wall.  Anyone who wants us to win a championship should care about this. 

But you are right we have zero say in that. We have zero say in any aspect of this roster. Doesn’t mean we don’t have opinions about it. 

Brees had a down game last Thursday so Mahomes probably took the lead in the MVP discussions.  With three tough games coming up, Mahomes may have a hard time maintaining his lead.  He might get away with losing one more game, but that's probably about the limit.

Archived