Will the Brees for MVP talk slow down?

Lamardirts

Brees has had three games where he threw under 175 yards.  For me, touchdown/interception stats don't weigh nearly as much in games like that if your job is to move your team down the field, and he obviously didn't do that.  I don't care about vulture TDs when its clear that in a 4th of the games this year Brees was not the most valuable member on his team that day. 

Peter king himself said that Brees gets a mulligan, which i'll never understand.  I didn't know those were given out in the MVP race, but whatever its Peter King. 

All aside...I think this year is going to be the "lifetime achievement award" MVP for Drew Brees since he's never won.  And for those that say who cares about the MVP, stay out of the thread.  Fans care if a player on their team is considered the most valuable player in the league...its okay to want people to get individual awards on top of team awards.  That's why the awards exist...

18 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

All aside...I think this year is going to be the "lifetime achievement award" MVP for Drew Brees since he's never won.

And for those that say who cares about the MVP, stay out of the thread.  Fans care if a player on their team is considered the most valuable player in the league...its okay to want people to get individual awards on top of team awards.  That's why the awards exist...

first bolded ..agreed

2nd Bolded  what? I dont care about the MVP and I'm a Chiefs fan for 50 + years and have'nt given a shit who won it for 50 years..if in fact that award is that old..  I'd wager if you take a poll which if you want to at least make an effort to prove your opinion you would do instead of making some  broad assumption  Fans would substitute a SB appearance over a MVP  by a great margin.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:05 AM, oldtimer said:

first bolded ..agreed

2nd Bolded  what? I dont care about the MVP and I'm a Chiefs fan for 50 + years and have'nt given a shit who won it for 50 years..if in fact that award is that old..  I'd wager if you take a poll which if you want to at least make an effort to prove your opinion you would do instead of making some  broad assumption  Fans would substitute a SB appearance over a MVP  by a great margin.

I’m not talking about “would you rather have the MVP or a super bowl”. Im talking about this thread being created as an MVP discussion about Brees but was hijacked by someone that doesn’t care.  Im saying if you don’t care about who wins the MVP, maybe you shouldn’t read the “Will the Brees for MVP talk slow down?” thread...

11 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I’m not talking about “would you rather have the MVP or a super bowl”. Im talking about this thread being created as an MVP discussion about Brees but was hijacked by someone that doesn’t care.  Im saying if you don’t care about who wins the MVP, maybe you shouldn’t read the “Will the Brees for MVP talk slow down?” thread...

Now that the Brees train has slowed down, some in the media is jumping on Donald train.

Donald might be showing the best defensive performance in a long time, definitely none better in this decade. However that still doesn't add up to the overall contribution most QBs make. In a lame QB year or may be something like last season I would understand the Donald talk but this year it has been all about a handful of QBs.

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Donald might be showing the best defensive performance in a long time, definitely none better in this decade. However that still doesn't add up to the overall contribution most QBs make. In a lame QB year or may be something like last season I would understand the Donald talk but this year it has been all about a handful of QBs.

Personally, like most individual awards it's a popularity race and it's who is on the team the media likes or NFL is pimping. Like the SB MVP which normally goes to the QB unless someone really stands out the NFL MVP is pretty much voted on and determined the same way.

I say many will vote for Brees as a life time achievement award. Donald because he plays for the NFL Poster team. Plus help put/keep butts in the seats. I see Mahomes being snubbed because he plays for KC, a team that has never had an MVP and like the way politicians and coasters look at things, it's a fly over city nobody cares about. Plus they will look at him as being young and will have additional chances. 

Please don't tell me, well it's been 49 years since they won a SB or maybe if they win a playoff game crap, this is an individual award for performance on the field for this specific year.

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Personally, like most individual awards it's a popularity race and it's who is on the team the media likes or NFL is pimping. Like the SB MVP which normally goes to the QB unless someone really stands out the NFL MVP is pretty much voted on and determined the same way.

I say many will vote for Brees as a life time achievement award. Donald because he plays for the NFL Poster team. Plus help put/keep butts in the seats. I see Mahomes being snubbed because he plays for KC, a team that has never had an MVP and like the way politicians and coasters look at things, it's a fly over city nobody cares about. Plus they will look at him as being young and will have additional chances. 

Please don't tell me, well it's been 49 years since they won a SB or maybe if they win a playoff game crap, this is an individual award for performance on the field for this specific year.

I think Brees having limited time is the more likely reason. If the stats were reversed I think Brees would be a lock and Mahomes wouldn't even be in consideration. I don't know which way they would go between a Ram and a Chief but Mahomes sure would be the MVP in a big market city. 

In the end Mahomes may or may not win this year but I believe he'll win at some point in his career. However it's sort of enjoyable to watch a small market player rock the league the way he has been and the pundits having no chance but to praise him instead of overlooking.

I think my issue is that it seems like for YEARS we've had to endure all the QB talks while we didn't have one.  How the new shiny QBs like Watson, and Wentz, and Goff were the future and the MVPs and whatnot....  Then after 50 years we FINALLY get one of those QBs, and now all of a sudden instead of being embraced like everyone else, its almost like the media is TRYING to dig up anyone EXCEPT our QB to build up for MVP...just frustrating...

He's on pace to put up one of the top 3 QB performances in the history of the NFL.  If he follows through, and doesn't get the award, it will be a crime against humanity.

Those responsible should be tried at The Hague. 

Although I would be fine with some good 'ol fashioned street justice.

Archived