Kareem Hunt released

Just now, FANATIC said:

So what. Thats why the league has a penalty in place. 6 games. Again Trump lies 20 times a day. You release him for lying? I never liked HUnt senior but felt Clark was on the right track. He is a PUSSY.

I'm as upset as you are, but not really sure where you're coming from.  It has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with how society is today, with METOO movement and man-hating one sided bullshit!  What Hunt did was stupid and he should have known better with how things are. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, qnet said:

I'm as upset as you are, but not really sure where you're coming from.  It has nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with how society is today, with METOO movement and man-hating one sided bullshit!  What Hunt did was stupid and he should have known better with how things are. 

My point is Lying is not a reason to cut him. 

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

My point is Lying is not a reason to cut him. 

It is with 2 incidences and they wanted the truth in the first place to get ahead of it? Now look, they had no idea and this comes out. Hell if I lied about something big like a DUI, I would get kicked out of my old position easily. 2 separate incidences and maybe they told him to keep clean and then this shows up

Who knows but until we do we can only speculate and over react for some and not so much for others.

Chiefs were in a no win situation. If they had kept Hunt and appealed and let him play the media would have crucified them in public. You don't think that would have been a major distraction and possibly detrimental to a young team trying to get to the big boy's table? I hate losing Hunt but I kind of see why the Chiefs did it.

22 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs were in a no win situation. If they had kept Hunt and appealed and let him play the media would have crucified them in public. You don't think that would have been a major distraction and possibly detrimental to a young team trying to get to the big boy's table? I hate losing Hunt but I kind of see why the Chiefs did it.

The media has already started, with the narrative that the NFL and Chiefs knew about everything to include seeing the video. They are saying that only after the video came out they did anything. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The media has already started, with the narrative that the NFL and Chiefs knew about everything to include seeing the video. They are saying that only after the video came out they did anything. 

The police have said they held the video back 

I am a big believer than men should never hit women.   Walk away and leave.   He shouldn't have pushed her and kicked her, but that video shows a confrontation not an assault.   What made the video look back was Hunt pushing through the other man who fell and knocked the women down.   The push was harmless and the kick had nothing on it, it looked like a "pft" "whatever" type of action.    Ray Rice cold cocked a women and knocked her out, this isn't even close.     I understand him not being honest but to me that warrants a suspension for the year.   The police saw this and didn't prosecute..........

What he did was wrong but I think we overreacted a little.   I think a suspension for the rest of the year would have sufficed for the court of public appeal.   Have a feeling Jon Gruden is going to scoop him up or Cleveland and he will a pain in our side for the next 5-7 years.    Add another huge hole to fill in the offseason now.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

No sir, I'm telling you the truth, I didn't hit the girl, I don't even know what she is talking about.

Hmmm

Who cares. Should have let the league suspend him. Easy to go with the league policy. Clark should wear a dress. Pathetic Knee Jerk Decision. THE HUNT OWNERSHIP HAS ALWAYS HELD THIS TEAM BACK. THEY SUCK ASS>

If Clark is so moral then why allow fans to get drunk out of their minds and come into the stadium? I have seen chief fans drop their pants, beat up opposing fans etc. So out of control tailgating does not apply to the CHIEFS MORAL CODE. In fact why sell beer? Mr MORALITY is a BS artist. 

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I hate the media and don’t trust shit because there’s no such thing as an unbiased journalist anymore.  That said, true or not , this looks exactly like the chiefs were happy to turn a blind eye, until tmz released the video, then the chiefs look even more guilty by releasing him within hours of said release.  One could easily conclude that by releasing him so quickly the chiefs were already aware but went into damage control mode as soon as it went public.  I’m not saying that’s how it went down , just that the way this whole thing has been handled could easily make it appear that way.  If nothing else I think it would look better if they at least waited 24 hours to cut him. Instead they look like they’re trying to save face, as if they were caught.  Let’s be honest here, when has anything in the nfl happened that fast?

Did we sign Spiller for the 2609th time yet? 

I don't mind cutting him. It's true that there are people in worse situations regarding the public but Hunt is trying to make a statement and considering the backlash towards Snyder I think owners are in a tougher spot regarding these matters. Hunt beat a woman as a Chief and lied about it, it's quite extreme. 

5 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Who cares. Should have let the league suspend him. Easy to go with the league policy. Clark should wear a dress. Pathetic Knee Jerk Decision. THE HUNT OWNERSHIP HAS ALWAYS HELD THIS TEAM BACK. THEY SUCK ASS>

If Clark is so moral then why allow fans to get drunk out of their minds and come into the stadium? I have seen chief fans drop their pants, beat up opposing fans etc. So out of control tailgating does not apply to the CHIEFS MORAL CODE. In fact why sell beer? Mr MORALITY is a BS artist. 

It’s always and only about the money and Clark Hunt is a shrewd businessman who cares only about the profit-making ability of his product.  Everything else is secondary, it’s that simple.  Chiefs will never win a SB with Clark as owner, regardless of Mahomes.  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe if he was truthful, he would have been suspended earlier.

Yeah, that makes sense from our standpoint. From the Chiefs it seems like trying to avoid the hassle & controversy. Having said that, what  you say is very in true, because it would have been out there early, and the Chiefs would have most-likely let the NFL handle it since it was in the off season. 

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I am a big believer than men should never hit women.   Walk away and leave.   He shouldn't have pushed her and kicked her, but that video shows a confrontation not an assault.   What made the video look back was Hunt pushing through the other man who fell and knocked the women down.   The push was harmless and the kick had nothing on it, it looked like a "pft" "whatever" type of action.    Ray Rice cold cocked a women and knocked her out, this isn't even close.     I understand him not being honest but to me that warrants a suspension for the year.   The police saw this and didn't prosecute..........

What he did was wrong but I think we overreacted a little.   I think a suspension for the rest of the year would have sufficed for the court of public appeal.   Have a feeling Jon Gruden is going to scoop him up or Cleveland and he will a pain in our side for the next 5-7 years.    Add another huge hole to fill in the offseason now.

I believe men shouldn't hit women either, but it's only because men are so much more physically stronger. It has nothing to do with being honorable or respectful, because women are as morally bad as men now-a days.

I agree with you about walking away and leaving.

I don't get all of the Clark Hunt and Chiefs hate....

IMO, we should all be pissed off at Kareem Hunt

Kareem is the one that made the fatal mistake. He is the one that did not think about what he did. And he is the one that ultimately said FU$K YOU chiefs!

How many times do you think the Chiefs and NFL PR people have pounded this shit into their head??? NO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Yet, whether it was alcohol involved or whatever...He made his decision. And it will cost him. I knew he would get released after I saw that video and I would almost guarantee that he will NOT BE resigned to any NFL Team...probably ever. 

The video speaks itself...as they say in the NFL: The Tape don't lie. 

That video has sealed has his fate. I am not angry with Clark Hunt and Chiefs. I am beside myself with Kareem Hunt. I really thought he was smarter than this. At the end of the day it is up to you, as a man, to make the right decision...under any circumstance. And he didn't. The difference between Foster and Hunt is the video. And with Foster, it's her word against his. No team will want to take on the Media Blitz and ME-TOO fire-storm to resign Hunt. NO TEAM. Hunt is done in the NFL, and he has no one to blame, but his Stupid Ass SELF.

So yes, I"m pissed just like everyone else, but dont be pissed at Clark, he had absolutely no choice but to do what he did. No Choice. He knows he has a chance at something special this year, and all of the crazy shit that would come with suspending him and keeping Hunt on team would've been a major distraction. This is on Kareem. If he does get another chance in the NFL it will be well after his prime.

14 hours ago, moons314 said:

I hate the media and don’t trust shit because there’s no such thing as an unbiased journalist anymore.  That said, true or not , this looks exactly like the chiefs were happy to turn a blind eye, until tmz released the video, then the chiefs look even more guilty by releasing him within hours of said release.  One could easily conclude that by releasing him so quickly the chiefs were already aware but went into damage control mode as soon as it went public.  I’m not saying that’s how it went down , just that the way this whole thing has been handled could easily make it appear that way.  If nothing else I think it would look better if they at least waited 24 hours to cut him. Instead they look like they’re trying to save face, as if they were caught.  Let’s be honest here, when has anything in the nfl happened that fast?

Not buying it

kareem fumbled on his first snap after that no.. I like him as a player.. now i have questions about him as a person..

one of the great things about being a kc fan is you could always point to Will Shields, or some other member of the team as a truly good guy..  

I know people had questions with hill... but to his credit, so far, at least you couldnt ask for better.

Archived