This just destroyed the locker room

1 minute ago, Legend of AC said:

And we always have — fodder for the franchises who are serious about winning SBs.  It’s why teams like NE sign Randy Moss when nobody else will.  Someone is gonna sign Hunt and be thrilled for the next decade.  

He wont last a decade. Heck he probably be suspended half a year or more next year. Not many RB do well after 30.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunt was a great RB, but had personal problems obviously.  It would be much worse to find out about this and have him suddenly gone right before a playoff game or SB.  Ware is a good receiver, just not as good a runner.  But reviews of the deep RB corps are well known.  One of the Williams' (I can't remember whether it was Damien or Derron) is said to flash consistently and be spectacular at times.  He could end up being one the best.  He just couldn't get on the field with KH and SW ahead of him.  Now we will find out.  No doubt, though.  Without Sammy and Kareem, our offense gets a whole lot less spectacular.  Best case scenario, Williams emerges as a stud and Sammy gets back quickly. Big worry to me is the deflation of the team's unusually great locker room chemistry. The D is going to have to get better in a hurry.  Let's hope Berry becomes a factor.

53 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

You think Mahomes is gonna be anywhere near as good?  Really?  Nobody fears Spencer Ware dude.  Defenses no longer have to worry about run game, which will absolutely hurt Mahomes.  

Yea Mahomes will turn into Bortles now, seems like a lot of great QB’s get away with playing with average RB’s, would it be weird to think he could do the same?

Just now, soonerborn77 said:

Yea Mahomes will turn into Bortles now, seems like a lot of great QB’s get away with playing with average RB’s, would it be weird to think he could do the same?

I never said that.  We’ll find out soon enough how important Hunt was to this offense though, right?

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Saying this move destroyed the lockerroom is silly, but lets just say it's a good thing the Chiefs didn't go "all in" this season.

It remains to be seen.  I’m guessing that plenty of players in the locker room loved Kareem Hunt and the toughness he brought.  

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm sure they loved Kareem, but they know he done fucked up.

Could have gone with the NFL policy and sold that to the fans. One more mess up and your gone. Thats why the league put that in. This is a cowardfs way to handle this. Hunt probably cant even throw a football. Silver spoon geek.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Could have gone with the NFL policy and sold that to the fans. One more mess up and your gone. Thats why the league put that in. This is a cowardfs way to handle this. Hunt probably cant even throw a football. Silver spoon geek.

I think the coward way would be justifying keeping him.  Ya, Clark should be more like Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones.  The great NFL owners.

1 minute ago, Palangi said:

I see chiefsp (legend of AC) is giddy.  He gets to shit on the chiefs again. This has been a tough season for him watching the chiefs have success.  

I was wondering when you’d crawl out from under your rock.  Welcome!  Kareem won’t be missed at all.

This is a very young team with a lot of guys looking for their first real pay day. Nobody will care about Hunt's release but rather try to behave as they have seen some of the consequences. There's literally no player that wants to stay in the NFL to come out and back Hunt at this point. 

9 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Just stop.  You don’t release a 23 yr old perennial Pro Bowler because of this and keep a guy who strangled his pregnant girlfriend on the roster.  This stinks like a cover up.  Nothing more.  

Where is the video of Hill choking his girlfriend for the world to see over and over 24 hours a day.

11 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Just stop.  You don’t release a 23 yr old perennial Pro Bowler because of this and keep a guy who strangled his pregnant girlfriend on the roster.  This stinks like a cover up.  Nothing more.  

Cover up?? LMAO!

Are you wearing an aluminum foil hat right now?

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

This is a very young team with a lot of guys looking for their first real pay day. Nobody will care about Hunt's release but rather try to behave as they have seen some of the consequences. There's literally no player that wants to stay in the NFL to come out and back Hunt at this point. 

It's a shame.  But the Chiefs could not risk the distraction of this during the playoffs. Can you imagine the reaction nationally, if we hadn't done this?  Locker room chemistry will, in the long run, be preserved.  It is also in keeping with all Chiefs policies of the past.  Have have certain expectations of players.  Even Tyreek Hill would be gone in a flash, if he repeated and lied about his prior behavior.  If compromise of basic decency is what is needed to win a championship, then to hell with it.  We are not the Oakland Raiders of yore.  A lot of the outrage I hear is simple immaturity.

As for the team, we are remarkably deep at the running back position.  Great runners are not hard to find, and their careers are short.  Second contracts are almost always a big financial mistake.  D Williams and S Ware will handle things just fine.  We will lose something for a while but gain something more in the long run.

I'm sure the players are all in WTF mode today but, it's the NFL and these guys are aware it can all be gone in a blink of an eye.

We'll have to see how they respond Sunday, thank God we are playing Oakland who is awful.

12 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Saying this move destroyed the lockerroom is silly, but lets just say it's a good thing the Chiefs didn't go "all in" this season.

Yea, I'd be willing to be that the guys in the locker room saw that video and said to themselves.."Geez Kareem, Your a dumbass". "Why in the hell would you do something this DAMN stupid..in a public place mind you?". 

The Chiefs will be fine. Ware is serviceable with some good depth behind him. We didn't rush the ball all that well anyways, and the Wiliiams' boys can play. Ware will be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and we will be fine.

Clark Hunt did the absolute right thing. This is 2018. Shit like what Kareem did will not fly. With the court of public opinion, the Media and the Me-Too movement, Hunt sealed his fate

Archived