This just destroyed the locker room

If this drug on for months, it would be a much bigger distraction. We may suffer short term but after this weekend people will focus on bigger goals at hand. I am sure some players will be disappointed, others may have gotten angry if he was on the team going through all this for months.

We won after the Belcher incident in our worst season in recent memory. We could come back even more motivated.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, artsy said:

Yea, I'd be willing to be that the guys in the locker room saw that video and said to themselves.."Geez Kareem, Your a dumbass". "Why in the hell would you do something this DAMN stupid..in a public place mind you?". 

The Chiefs will be fine. Ware is serviceable with some good depth behind him. We didn't rush the ball all that well anyways, and the Wiliiams' boys can play. Ware will be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and we will be fine.

Clark Hunt did the absolute right thing. This is 2018. Shit like what Kareem did will not fly. With the court of public opinion, the Media and the Me-Too movement, Hunt sealed his fate

When Tyreek saw this I guarantee he knew better than anyone the consequences. After all he got thrown off the team at OSU and expelled from the university as an 18 year old.  

Under Armour just dumped Kareem today as well.  

I don't think it ruins the team chemistry.  I'm sure it's a shock to the locker room, but I can't imagine too many of the offensive guys being happy with Hunt's actions.

If Mahomes is becoming a top flight QB, then it won't matter what they have at RB and it's a position that they seem to have a knack for finding production out of.

I'm pissed this happened, but pissed at Kareem Hunt.  You can't blame the Chiefs for cutting him.  I'm sure another team will pick him up, but it won't be for playing this year and it won't come without getting a black eye from the fans and media.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

I don't think it ruins the team chemistry.  I'm sure it's a shock to the locker room, but I can't imagine too many of the offensive guys being happy with Hunt's actions.

If Mahomes is becoming a top flight QB, then it won't matter what they have at RB and it's a position that they seem to have a knack for finding production out of.

I'm pissed this happened, but pissed at Kareem Hunt.  You can't blame the Chiefs for cutting him.  I'm sure another team will pick him up, but it won't be for playing this year and it won't come without getting a black eye from the fans and media.

Yes Mahomes can have great numbers like Rivers .......with a losing team, over a long career. Im not saying that will happen. I am pointing out what Mahomes always says. He gets the ball to his playmakers. He is minus a superstar now. 

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

It’s not like he was going to be allowed to play this year.. 

chiefs will have an offseason and a draft to find a competent backup

If next year is the year we go all in , I think free agency or trade is the logical answer at rb, unless Williams shows something in the remainder of this season. Pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield are just as important for a rb in this offense as carrying the ball, and I don’t think the brass will be willing to take the chance of losing Mahomes because a rookie whiffed on a blitzer.  Pass pro is one of the biggest sticking points for a rookie rb, which is why I don’t think we’ll draft one, at least early with the intention of starting.  We might pick one up later for depth though. 

hill lost more than most of you all give him credit for.. he was for a time, the hope of the american olympic track and field team. that got killed as well as his draft potential..

the guy could actually run with some of the fastest ever, coming out of highschool. you all some how miss this point. or dont realize just how stupid fast hill is. 

Track and field listed him as one of the track athletes of the future while he was in highschool his track and field times, in college before his issues.. Did 0 to dispel that. 

maybe you guys dont know but Oregon and nike own  track and field.. Hill came out ahead in that contest. the thing is he really did own what happened. really did take responsibility for it. and really has done his best not only to fix himself, but to fight the problem as a whole.. 

hunt on the other hand.. had nothing to do with the problem, it wasnt his fault ... blah..  kc could do nothing but cut him.. 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Put to rest the locker room stuff now..

he lied- fact

multiple issues - fact

he has an anger issue - fact

no one in the that lockeroom will take issue with the organization 

Sure. Thanks for sharing your insider secrets. Wish I was in the locker room like you.. You are so fortunate. 😉

43 minutes ago, Calichief said:

he lied- fact

multiple issues - fact

Agree this isn't about the Chiefs. It's 100 percent on Kareem.  But it's still a dagger to this particular teams morale. We need some real leadership today even against a bad team or this entire episode can snowball and ruin what's been a great season.  

41 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sure. Thanks for sharing your insider secrets. Wish I was in the locker room like you.. You are so fortunate. 😉

You’ve ever been in a locker room?

do you think, there’s anyone in that lockeroom upset with the organization?

20 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I know Eric Berry isn’t playing today but he’s there and probably needs to step forward as a leader more that at any time I can remember. 

Mahomes may be a better person only because he is the offensive leader, closer to Hunts age and has relied on him to help with the offense.

Berry is a leader on the team but really hadn't played with Hunt and Berry is looked upon, at least by many in here, as a company man so would it resonate as well.

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

If next year is the year we go all in , I think free agency or trade is the logical answer at rb, unless Williams shows something in the remainder of this season. Pass blocking and catching the ball out of the backfield are just as important for a rb in this offense as carrying the ball, and I don’t think the brass will be willing to take the chance of losing Mahomes because a rookie whiffed on a blitzer.  Pass pro is one of the biggest sticking points for a rookie rb, which is why I don’t think we’ll draft one, at least early with the intention of starting.  We might pick one up later for depth though. 

I don’t think so Moon.  This roster was built for long haul so we need to find replacement in the draft in my opinion. Depending on how Ware does we could bring him back as third down pass protector guy. He’s much better at it than Hunt was. And still Hunt was starting almost immediately as a rookie.

Andy won’t play RBs who aren’t willing blockers though so Veach needs to draft as such.  Use that extra late second  or third on it. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree this isn't about the Chiefs. It's 100 percent on Kareem.  But it's still a dagger to this particular teams morale. We need some real leadership today even against a bad team or this entire episode can snowball and ruin what's been a great season.  

Andy won't let it snowball.  Sometimes, it takes an episode like this to give a young guy a chance to play who then becomes a fine player.  One of the William guys might be exactly that.  Derron (sp?) is especially skilled with vision, balance, power, reaction time, knowledge, ball tracking, receiving.  The more reps he gets, the better he will be.  Damien Williams is a power guy like Ware.  A beast.  They could rotate all three depending on the situation.  It isn't a dagger.  Its an opportunity and re-inforces that that it is about team, not individuals.

57 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Mahomes may be a better person only because he is the offensive leader, closer to Hunts age and has relied on him to help with the offense.

Berry is a leader on the team but really hadn't played with Hunt and Berry is looked upon, at least by many in here, as a company man so would it resonate as well.

Good point. And he is the QB.  This is really his team and this is a great chance to seize that leadership role. 

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

he lied- fact

multiple issues - fact

You could see that anger boil through in one of the recent games when he almost attacked a guy who tackled him, someone who might have talked some smack or taunted him.  If defensive players learn he can be taunted into personal fouls that harm the Chiefs with penalties, it would reduce his overall effectiveness.  As a long time fan, I hate seeing that happen on the field.  The truly great players stay cool, ignore taunts, walk away after a play, and come back and simply beat the guy again.  A great player must keep his emotions focused on the game situation at hand.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Andy won't let it snowball.  Sometimes, it takes an episode like this to give a young guy a chance to play who then becomes a fine player.  One of the William guys might be exactly that.  Derron (sp?) is especially skilled with vision, balance, power, reaction time, knowledge, ball tracking, receiving.  The more reps he gets, the better he will be.  Damien Williams is a power guy like Ware.  A beast.  They could rotate all three depending on the situation.  It isn't a dagger.  Its an opportunity and re-inforces that that it is about team, not individuals.

Nothing would be better than for Williams kid to really start to flash something with this opportunity. We just really have no idea for sure if he has that in him or if he’s more of a hopeful project. 

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

You could see that anger boil through in one of the recent games when he almost attacked a guy who tackled him, someone who might have talked some smack or taunted him.  If defensive players learn he can be taunted into personal fouls that harm the Chiefs with penalties, it would reduce his overall effectiveness.  As a long time fan, I hate seeing that happen on the field.  The truly great players stay cool, ignore taunts, walk away after a play, and come back and simply beat the guy again.  A great player must keep his emotions focused on the game situation at hand.

What I been saying for days now.

Kareem Hunt has some major issues and playing football shouldn't be in his wheelhouse for a long time until he sorts it out.  It was showing off and on the field.

For this year, losing Hunt really hurts.  When the Chiefs lose a playoff game, the story will be that Hunt would have made the difference.  Ware can block and catch, but he can't come close to making the yards after contact that Hunt could.  How many third and longs did Hunt convert and how many had an effect on the Chiefs winning.  Reid can design around the missing Hunt, but the offense has lost one of its top four elements and that will hurt in a competitive game.

For the longer term, it also hurts.  Hunt had two more years on his rookie contract and was one of the most dangerous back in the league.  Even if the Chiefs find another back with his abilities, it will cost them either a lot of cap space or a draft pick that could have been used on an ILB or safety.  I was one who thought the Chiefs' best chances were not this year, but the next two but that was based on keeping Kelce, Hill, and Hunt at peak performance.  The future is a little dimmer.

Team chemistry shouldn't be a problem.  Leadership comes from Reid, Berry, Houston, and Mahomes.  Does anyone know that Hunt was the one who tied the team together?  Was he popular?  Did he pick up his team mates when they screwed up?  I doubt any here knows for sure, but he didn't seem the type.  Probably fun to party with, but that didn't make the the locker room leader.

Archived