Why is Hunt released but Tyreek still on the roster?

28 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Yes, you’re right, yet the Chiefs still had no problem spending a valuable draft pick on him.  It’s bullshit.

Wasn’t Hill a 5th round pick, how is that valuable?  Also he did this back in college and already got tossed from that team, but I’m sure you knew the two situations are completely different...

19 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Yep, guys like Mixon and Elliott still have jobs...the fanbase deserves to know the truth

No they don't fans really don't deserve anything. As its been pointed out before, this is Clark Hunts team and if a person doesn't like what he did don't follow the team.

Doesn't mean I agree with the decision but it's been made so what are you going to do? Continue following the team or not.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Me too, knowing how Andy works with young kids I doubt he canned him.

I think Clark made a rash decision.  He deserved to be suspended and probably for the rest of this year but cutting him after the police had already decided not to prosecute is puzzling.   Suspending for the rest of the year would have given this more than enough time to blow over and die down and been harsh enough to hopefully get his attention.  This one is going to hurt.

54 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think Clark made a rash decision.  He deserved to be suspended and probably for the rest of this year but cutting him after the police had already decided not to prosecute is puzzling.   Suspending for the rest of the year would have given this more than enough time to blow over and die down and been harsh enough to hopefully get his attention.  This one is going to hurt.

Clark is a silver spooned dumb ass. 

In short Hunt did all the beating as a Chiefs player and lied about it to the staff whereas Hill did it as a college idiot while admitting to it and claiming he has changed. I'm sure Hill has a foot out the door in case of an incident as well. Cutting a player outright when Snyder is willing to pick up a felon is probably a strategic move. Keep in mind that Clark is basically in all committees of the NFL, I think he's going for a prominent role among owners like his father if not more. 

Also everyone is forgetting Clark's relationship with Goodell, they are close and Clark probably knows more about NFL's intentions than anyone else. Who says a lifetime ban isn't in the works?

8 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Nope.  I just want the truth about why we hastily cut a stud RB over something that teams like the Cowboys with Zeke didn’t.  It’s stupid and makes no sense.

You don't want the truth. Clark Hunt can't tell you anything or give you any proof that would appease your emotional overreaction. Truth is RB's are a dime a dozen. Kareem played AWESOME, but Ware was playing AWESOME too before an injury that gave Hunt his chance to rise and shine. NEXT MAN UP!

Go ask Steelers fans how they are feeling about Bell not playing and NEXT MAN UP James Conner playing like a stud. The Chiefs will be fine! 

2 hours ago, robgar said:

one guy owned it, the other didnt.... guess which one walks

Yup.  

The cowardly one here was Kareem, not Clark.  If he had been forthcoming with the team when it happened he's still be here.  I don't understand what more folks need to know.

It sucks, no doubt, but I'm proud of the chiefs for having the integrity it took to do this.  Season's not over.

18 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

I’ll tell you why.  The Chiefs knew about this video and knew the shit was hitting fan.  It was backlash and ticket sales or cut Kareem Hunt.  Clark is a sleazeball.  Hey Clark, you have a guy on your roster that choked his pregnant girlfriend out, yet, because there’s no video it’s apparently okay.  It’s no coincidence.  The Chiefs brass knows it’s a passing league and that they can get by with Ware until they draft another guy in 2019.  Tyreek, however, isn’t replaceable.  Clark is a hypocritical bum concerned only with money.  

The difference is pretty obvious unless you want to be a complete moron about it.

Tyreek Hill's incident was prior to getting drafted.  When KC wanted him, Hill was honest and upfront about it and let the Chiefs knew of his recovery progress plan.  His incident was 4 years ago and he hasn't had any kind of setback since.

The Chiefs may have known about the Hunt video in February, but that doesn't mean they saw until yesterday.  Whatever Hunt told the Chiefs happened was obviously not correct or he would still be with the Chiefs.  After Marcus Peters and Kareem Hunt, it's obvious they're not going to put up with this type of thing.

18 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Nope.  I just want the truth about why we hastily cut a stud RB over something that teams like the Cowboys with Zeke didn’t.  It’s stupid and makes no sense.

Ah yes, let's look to Jerry Jones on how to handle the situation. 

The reason Zeke wasn't cut is because he didn't do anything besides be accused of DV and wasn't convicted.  It's arguable he should've been suspended or not.  

I'm just shocked that there's people out there who think it's a hasty decision to cut a player 2 hours after a video posts online of them shoving and kicking a woman.

It's also interesting that so many upset fans are mad at the Chiefs for cutting Hunt, but not mad at Kareem Hunt.

This is all his fault.  Not the Chiefs'.  If Kareem Hunt didn't act like a complete idiot then KC wouldn't be in this position.

Don't be mad at the Chiefs, be mad at Kareem Hunt.  The Chiefs did what they had to do.

1 hour ago, dksww said:

Don't be mad at the Chiefs, be mad at Kareem Hunt.

Guns kill people, not the murders.

Alcohol commit DUIs, not the drunk driver.

Chiefs are idiots for cutting Hunt, not Hunt for doing what he did and then lied about it.

Some people want to blame everyone and everything else than the actual person performing the act.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Guns kill people, not the murders.

Alcohol commit DUIs, not the drunk driver.

Chiefs are idiots for cutting Hunt, not Hunt for doing what he did and then lied about it.

Some people want to blame everyone and everything else than the actual person performing the act.

Yawn

Umm when you lie to an employer you don’t care about the team that drafted you and made you a star. Sorry guys, Kareem Hunt did this to himself and the Chiefs did the right thing. It sucks but in terms of how the front office handled this it was the only possible recourse. I’m conflicted and think it sucks and have agonized all day and felt terrible but, it’s all there. Sorry guys. Root for the current team if you can. I will. GCG

Most people don't get to keep their jobs after lying to the boss on a serious issue, not to mention the deed itself being already a terrible one. If he came out admitting to what he did back when he did it may be there would be other alternatives like a more graceful release but tough to imagine him having any credibility with the organization at this point.

Archived