Relax, Chiefs fans...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Andy Reid never builds an offense Around his running back. And he often forgets about his running back.

we are going to live and die through the air 

you haven't been watching football them , smh

Charlie Garner, duce staley, Leshon McCoy . . . . and those are just from his Philly days.

AR is much like Vermeil, O goes thru the RB

Reid's RBs are ALWAYS getting stats and always fantasy relevant.

True he does "forget" about the running game, but his backs are the bread and butter.

Just now, the Warparty said:

you haven't been watching football them , smh

Charlie Garner, duce staley, Leshon McCoy . . . . and those are just from his Philly days.

AR is much like Vermeil, O goes thru the RB

Reid's RBs are ALWAYS getting stats and always fantasy relevant.

True he does "forget" about the running game, but his backs are the bread and butter.

Running game. Not a running back.

hes going to do what he does regardless.

this offense goes through pat mahomes.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Andy Reid never builds an offense Around his running back. And he often forgets about his running back.

we are going to live and die through the air 

Why do you say that?  Hunt leads the team in TDs, is at or near the top in total yards, and makes many critical third down conversions.  He was the heart of the offense and on a rookie contract.  He will be missed and the Chiefs chances for a deep playoff run are greatly reduced.

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why do you say that?  Hunt leads the team in TDs, is at or near the top in total yards, and makes many critical third down conversions.  He was the heart of the offense and on a rookie contract.  He will be missed and the Chiefs chances for a deep playoff run are greatly reduced.

Agree. Huge loss. THIS IS WHY THE Chiefs are losers. Draft bad guys who had issues then dont stay the course. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

i never gave much thought o  the Anti Clark argument... but I do now.. boy needs his face slapped

37 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

ware doesn’t scare any defense. losing hunt is a huge deal. look at what he does against the pats the last two games. this is a big loss. call up the LSU rookie williams and let him play this week. he did very well in the preseason. can catch and has speed.  

Ware had a few good games then has mostly been hurt. What a joke.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

The chiefs chances don’t diminish. 

They arent going to lose to a team in the playoffs because of hunt missing. IMO 

They’ll lose in the playoffs because of a combination of factors. Our defense sucks.  We now have one less weapon, which makes it easier to double Hill, especially if Watkins can’t get healthy.  The passing offense hurts as well because Hunt was deadly on the wheel route.  This definitely hurts more than you think.  Our best hope is that Williams can emerge and fill the role, because Spencer Ware isn’t the answer.  He’s ok as a backup getting a couple spot carries a game , but he’s not on the level of being a good back in this league , and the drop from Hunt to Ware is pretty steep imo 

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

This doesn’t hurt the chiefs chances.

this offense goes through the air.

it opened up lanes for hunt.

yes, he was great but not necessary to get to the bowl.

Yep

Our chances to get to the super bowl start and end with Mahomes.   Andy has always been a pass first coach.  Even with Hunt he was still pass first.   If Watkins is healthy for the playoffs a trio of Hill Watkins and Kelce is still more than anybody in the AFC has not to mention a QB that can make plays with his arm maybe only 1 or 2 QBs in the league can and neither are in the AFC.  

The road to the SB still will go thru KC and if KC gets beat it will be because of the D.   Losing Hunt doesn't change that. 

8 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

This.  The offense was centered around Kareem Hunt, don’t be fooled.  Hunt opened everything up and to think the same will happen with Ware is ridiculous.

No it wasn't centered around Kareem Hunt. It is centered around Patrick Mahomes. Hunt is a cog in a machine. Ware will do just fine. You seem to have forgotten that Ware played well enough that the Chiefs let all star Jamal Charles walk a few years ago. 

Expect Williams to get more playing time now.

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

They’ll lose in the playoffs because of a combination of factors. Our defense sucks.  We now have one less weapon, which makes it easier to double Hill, especially if Watkins can’t get healthy.  The passing offense hurts as well because Hunt was deadly on the wheel route.  This definitely hurts more than you think.  Our best hope is that Williams can emerge and fill the role, because Spencer Ware isn’t the answer.  He’s ok as a backup getting a couple spot carries a game , but he’s not on the level of being a good back in this league , and the drop from Hunt to Ware is pretty steep imo 

I disagree. Hunt is better than Ware but the Chiefs were winning games with Alex Smith at QB and Ware at RB and pretty much a similar make shift offensive line between the tackles.

Mahomes is far superior than Smith and this line is better and getting healthy. 

1 hour ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I disagree. Hunt is better than Ware but the Chiefs were winning games with Alex Smith at QB and Ware at RB and pretty much a similar make shift offensive line between the tackles.

Mahomes is far superior than Smith and this line is better and getting healthy. 

This. Hunt is a damn good RB. He is better than Ware. But Ware isnt a scrub. And Mahomes makes this thing go. 

The whole thing sucks, and we may (will) have to commit draft assets to RB now. But the bottom line is this...there is no position in the league where a rookie can come in and acclimate and be an impact player faster than RB. There is also no position in the league where you can find an eventual stud starter in later rounds than RB.

It may have an impact on this years SB run. But this thing was realistically about 2019 anyway. Them not doing anything at the trade deadline told me the front office sees it that way as well.

10 hours ago, AppalachianChief said:

I sure wish this had not happened and wish Hunt was a humble RB like Mahomes is a QB. Sad truth for all of us Chiefs fans it did happen and it sucks for the team and the fan base. Will this hurt the Chiefs, no doubt it will the stats FANATIC posted shows it’s a huge loss right before a playoff run. With all that said, he should have told the truth, I got drunk and shoved a woman and then attempted and succeeded to kick her while she was down on the floor, the video will show I was out of control, I accept that and there is video evidence to show my actions, I’ll accept any punishment that comes with my actions and will do what ever it takes to prove this will never happen again. He would still be a Chief today if he had done that, he chose to lie because he just like many on this site thought because he is a superstar, laws and standards for all of us men don’t apply to him, guess what he was wrong and now he is gone. No winners in this situation especially the woman, the team, the fans and Kareem!! WE ALL LOST AND COST ALL THE ABOVE A GOOD CHANCE AT THE SUPERBOWL!

Very good summary

2 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

No it wasn't centered around Kareem Hunt. It is centered around Patrick Mahomes. Hunt is a cog in a machine. Ware will do just fine. You seem to have forgotten that Ware played well enough that the Chiefs let all star Jamal Charles walk a few years ago. 

Expect Williams to get more playing time now.

Chiefs were very active in signing Quality running backs this offseason. Most intriguing guy is Darrel Williams an undrafted rookie free agent out of LSU who backed up Darrius Guice. Great runner and receiver out of the backfield. Chiefs did the right thing and Veach is always churning the fa pool for guys like this.

Chiefs train will keep rolling and a messed up kid who got to pad his resume until the video surfaced will probably get a second chance elsewhere. Just not in KC I would strongly suspect. 

A lot of you have made some good points, I don't want to run out of likes so I'll post my thought's here. I agree that Reid will find a way to work around this. I liked Ware before Hunt came on the scene, he's not as good this is true, but can be very effective. 

Liquidfriend, made an interesting point in this or another thread. The Chiefs always seem to find RB's. They've had good luck in this area for awhile. It may not help this season, but maybe next year through the draft.  

I'm not sure this hurts the Chiefs chances as much as some believe, I think there are other things that may hurt. 

Who knows, maybe this will turn out to be a positive, and the Chiefs will have to grind it out with Ware. This will keep the Chiefs defense off the field help protect Mahomes some. 

The arguments SEEM to be generational. Before you jump up and down and scream hear me out. Obviously there are exceptions to everything.

To ME it seems like most of the younger guys don't see an issue here and the older ones do. Also those who may have been accused or know someone who has been accused of assault or sexual abuse towards a woman seem to be more defensive of Hunt. Whereas maybe those who knows someone who was abused one way or the other is more in defense of the team.

Yes as an older man, I was taught to respect women no matter what because they are considered weaker and basically they are someone's mother, sister and daughter. I was taught not to let myself get drawn into situations that could turn ugly. Has this always worked? No, but I can say I have never ever touched a woman in anger.

Someone else in here and I see where he's coming from, that this is sexist. That's a new generation term and mindset. Also defending someone for what we saw, again I didn't see much to warrant a suspension, is a newer generation mindset. I don't know too many older people who would approve of these actions towards a woman no matter what she did.

Yes, I may be a dinosaur but I still believe that women should be respected and defended. I believe women should be respectful of others as well.

Hunt screwed up on several levels.

1. Partying with a 19 year old, what sounds like gold digger or trailer trash. (I heard from my brother, not confirmed, that she might have been tied to a white supremacist group. I doubt it though he reads too much faceirspace shit.) Yes, I've partied with younger people don't remember when but I'm sure I did. In actuality it was harder when I was growing up since the drinking age was 18.

2. He didn't walk away from the situation. He's an NFL star on the best AFC team. He has/had a great future. Why throw all that away? I was able to walk away more than not with less riding on my actions.

3. He allegedly lied to his bosses on what happened. Tell them the truth, get drug through the mud during the summer and this would have been behind him.

4. He continued acting like he was still one of the boys. I doubt his buddies were paying for anything and were partying on Hunts dime. They obviously didn't try hard enough to keep him calm and walked him away. JMO

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

I don’t know man. Video of assault.

zero tolerance for that stuff 

he allegedly lied to his employers...

more to come in sure

how can you justify keeping around 

Don't forget to add in what happened with Belcher just a few short years ago. That memory itself should explain why Hunt was dumped so quickly after the video came out.

1 minute ago, Wolfscall said:

Don't forget to add in what happened with Belcher just a few short years ago. That memory itself should explain why Hunt was dumped so quickly after the video came out.

It's almost like the knee jerk reaction that comes after a school shooting. What's sad is those that support those actions are against the actions the Chiefs took.

I bet if we go back and look at the Ray Rice incident, some of those that condemned him are defending Hunt.

9 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The arguments SEEM to be generational. Before you jump up and down and scream hear me out. Obviously there are exceptions to everything.

To ME it seems like most of the younger guys don't see an issue here and the older ones do. Also those who may have been accused or know someone who has been accused of assault or sexual abuse towards a woman seem to be more defensive of Hunt. Whereas maybe those who knows someone who was abused one way or the other is more in defense of the team.

Yes as an older man, I was taught to respect women no matter what because they are considered weaker and basically they are someone's mother, sister and daughter. I was taught not to let myself get drawn into situations that could turn ugly. Has this always worked? No, but I can say I have never ever touched a woman in anger.

Someone else in here and I see where he's coming from, that this is sexist. That's a new generation term and mindset. Also defending someone for what we saw, again I didn't see much to warrant a suspension, is a newer generation mindset. I don't know too many older people who would approve of these actions towards a woman no matter what she did.

Yes, I may be a dinosaur but I still believe that women should be respected and defended. I believe women should be respectful of others as well.

1. Partying with a 19 year old, what sounds like gold digger or trailer trash. (I heard from my brother, not confirmed, that she might have been tied to a white supremacist group. I doubt it though he reads too much faceirspace shit.) Yes, I've partied with younger people don't remember when but I'm sure I did. In actuality it was harder when I was growing up since the drinking age was 18.

2. He didn't walk away from the situation. He's an NFL star on the best AFC team. He has/had a great future. Why throw all that away? I was able to walk away more than not with less riding on my actions.

3. He allegedly lied to his bosses on what happened. Tell them the truth, get drug through the mud during the summer and this would have been behind him.

4. He continued acting like he was still one of the boys. I doubt his buddies were paying for anything and were partying on Hunts dime. They obviously didn't try hard enough to keep him calm and walked him away. JMO

Bingo, we have a winner!!! (Great job, 1963)

I don't care if the girl walked up and busted him in the face with a fucking Sledgehammer!!! YOU WALK AWAY. Call the cops....do something else. In 2018, you don't put your hands on her or him...especially a "her". It's not fair, but thats the way it is.

26 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yawn .

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I agree with this even though I'm 39. Also, men on average are 3 times stronger then women. That's just biology. Add to the fact Hunt isn't average, he's a professional athlete who could probably crush someones skull with his fists.

Equal rights between men and women should never justify a man hitting a woman unless said woman is seriously in a position to cause a man real harm like say death or missing body parts.

Archived