Relax, Chiefs fans...

Reading a lot of asinine posts on social media about the Chiefs after this situation. 

A lot of people are saying the Chiefs will simply implode and lose out. 

Tomorrow the rest of the country will be watching that Chiefs game for all the wrong reasons. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Reading a lot of asinine posts on social media about the Chiefs after this situation. 

Tomorrow the rest of the country will be watching that Chiefs game for all the wrong reasons. 

Lose out.. lmao

31 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Lose out.. lmao

I know right? 

Not going to happen.

Obviously Eric Bieniemy might at least be a part of the reason why Hunt was utilized so well as the former running backs coach and current offensive coordinator the last two years and he has a good stable of running backs with decent talent. 

No way the Chiefs implode from this. 

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The arguments SEEM to be generational. Before you jump up and down and scream hear me out. Obviously there are exceptions to everything.

To ME it seems like most of the younger guys don't see an issue here and the older ones do. Also those who may have been accused or know someone who has been accused of assault or sexual abuse towards a woman seem to be more defensive of Hunt. Whereas maybe those who knows someone who was abused one way or the other is more in defense of the team.

Yes as an older man, I was taught to respect women no matter what because they are considered weaker and basically they are someone's mother, sister and daughter. I was taught not to let myself get drawn into situations that could turn ugly. Has this always worked? No, but I can say I have never ever touched a woman in anger.

Someone else in here and I see where he's coming from, that this is sexist. That's a new generation term and mindset. Also defending someone for what we saw, again I didn't see much to warrant a suspension, is a newer generation mindset. I don't know too many older people who would approve of these actions towards a woman no matter what she did.

Yes, I may be a dinosaur but I still believe that women should be respected and defended. I believe women should be respectful of others as well.

Hunt screwed up on several levels.

1. Partying with a 19 year old, what sounds like gold digger or trailer trash. (I heard from my brother, not confirmed, that she might have been tied to a white supremacist group. I doubt it though he reads too much faceirspace shit.) Yes, I've partied with younger people don't remember when but I'm sure I did. In actuality it was harder when I was growing up since the drinking age was 18.

2. He didn't walk away from the situation. He's an NFL star on the best AFC team. He has/had a great future. Why throw all that away? I was able to walk away more than not with less riding on my actions.

3. He allegedly lied to his bosses on what happened. Tell them the truth, get drug through the mud during the summer and this would have been behind him.

4. He continued acting like he was still one of the boys. I doubt his buddies were paying for anything and were partying on Hunts dime. They obviously didn't try hard enough to keep him calm and walked him away. JMO

I agree with what you say for the most part. I turn 50 at the end of this month, but see things a little differently. I admit being influenced by a lot of stuff I've been reading lately the last few years , mostly men rights stuff & MGTOW content.  I don't agree with all of it, but a lot of it is spot on IMO. 

Men just don't stick together like women do, because we're constantly competing for their attention and want to sleep with them. I really feel sorry for young dudes today. 

Having said that, I don't blame a lot of you guys. I know most of you are married or have girlfriends, sisters,  and daughters.

I have never been and probably won't ever get married at this point, especially seeing what's happened to some of my friends.

On 12/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

It's almost like the knee jerk reaction that comes after a school shooting. What's sad is those that support those actions are against the actions the Chiefs took.

I bet if we go back and look at the Ray Rice incident, some of those that condemned him are defending Hunt.

What color jersey he wears does make a difference in people's opinions.

Typically, those are the ones running around saying she asked for it.....

On 12/3/2018 at 9:08 AM, Handswarmer said:

What color jersey he wears does make a difference in people's opinions.

Typically, those are the ones running around saying she asked for it.....

She probably did, but there's never an excuse for shoving, hitting, kicking, or throwing a drink into the face of a woman.  Hunt is strong enough to defend himself without retaliating violently.  He either has an anger problem or an alcohol issue, maybe both.  His homies should have dragged him away.  They probably lost their meal ticket for a while.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:41 PM, jetlord said:

She probably did, Guess where you fell on this?

Hunt is strong enough to defend himself without retaliating violently.  Apparently not- at least not mentally strong enough to walk away

He either has an anger problem or an alcohol issue, maybe both. With now a 4th incident being reported, its a pattern

His homies should have dragged him away.  They probably lost their meal ticket for a while.--> Biggest issue in Pro Sports today with the homies and hangers on.

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

Baltimore has never lost in KC!

It is somewhat interesting the Chiefs are 3-1 in Baltimore and 0-3 at Arrowhead all time. We've also never scored more than 10 points against them here either. Hard to see where that has anything to do with this team though. But if they do hold us to 10 I'll just tip my cap because that would be more than impressive.

19 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I'm not concerned about the RB position or our offense. Have you seen the dumpster fire we call a defense? That's disturbing.

If we can run the ball effectively enough against this defense, I think I'd put us back as the AFCs best team despite our defense. Right now I'm skeptical, especially with Watkins ailing. 

On 12/1/2018 at 2:03 PM, gochiefsgo said:

We already won without him though

56 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It is somewhat interesting the Chiefs are 3-1 in Baltimore and 0-3 at Arrowhead all time. We've also never scored more than 10 points against them here either. Hard to see where that has anything to do with this team though. But if they do hold us to 10 I'll just tip my cap because that would be more than impressive.

Those 3 games you could make the argument that Baltimore was just simply the better team.   The QB and HCs also had something to do with it.  Herm Edward's, Todd Haley and Romero Crennel were the coaches.  Matt Cassel and Trent were the QBs.   

Mahomes and Andy are a better combo than any of those 3 combos.  I think we are also the better team in this

We went against history already once in Pitt, I believe we break this steak as well. 

Just now, Legend of AC said:

17?  Ravens are only giving up 17 per so that seems like a big stretch.

You and I go back and forth all the time SP. I predicted 11 or 12 wins at the beginning if the year, what did you predict? I am saying that I like the chances.

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

I'd like to see Damien Williams get a few more touches. He has some shiftiness and little bit more speed than Ware. Let Ware go after the tough yards and Williams get more touches early on.

I also want to see more of him in the game. Looked like a better version of West when he initially came out. Let's see if he can actually perform with a decent workload. 

14 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

17?  Ravens are only giving up 17 per so that seems like a big stretch.

Per ESPN article I posted in Rabesn thread too:

These meetings between the No. 1 scoring offense and the No. 1 scoring defense don't often happen, but they tend to favor the offensive powerhouse when they do. The top scoring team has won four of the five games against the top defense played after Week 10 since 2006.

In every case, the No. 1 offense has scored at least 27 points, including in the one game it lost.

http://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/25602/top-offense-vs-top-defense-matchups-history-favors-the-chiefs

Archived