Louis Riddick voice of reason

I agree, he should have walked away.  Better yet he shouldn't be out at 3 am period!   With that said, you can't have it both ways.  You can't scream women's lib and fair treatment and then cry foul when both parties are assaulting each other.      One punches the other in the face, the other pushes and kicks at the other.  If you didn't know who did what which one sounds worse?   Again I don't believe you should ever lay a hand on a woman but women have no right to hit men either.   

Hate it happened but dumb decisions have consequences.

I like Louis Riddick, he's been on the Chiefs badwagon the past few seasons, since Hunt, hill and now Mahomes have emerged. He's very spot on, and that's what made me so upset with Hunt in this situation.  He should have known better, but maybe it's a frontal lob development thing, like Tomahawkchop mentioned in another thread.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Yea he is. Should have walked away.

maybe someday it will sink in 

It won't for the specific reason that as long as another team is willing to pick that player up (Foster and the Redskins) the players will not care because they

believe that that they will always find another job. and when teams like the cowboys keep players like Hardy and elliott then nothing has been learned or accomplished

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

One punches the other in the face, the other pushes and kicks at the other. 

Ones the size of Minney Mouse the other the size of Hulk. Doesn't mean it's right but it is what people see.

How many times has a woman slapped you, wife, girlfriendsome chick you where hitting on? Did you go after her, whether you touched her or not isn't the question, did you violently go after. Why did you or didn't you?

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

It won't for the specific reason that as long as another team is willing to pick that player up (Foster and the Redskins) the players will not care because they

believe that that they will always find another job. and when teams like the cowboys keep players like Hardy and elliott then nothing has been learned or accomplished

No one is picking up Hunt. No one.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Ones the size of Minney Mouse the other the size of Hulk. Doesn't mean it's right but it is what people see.

How many times has a woman slapped you, wife, girlfriendsome chick you where hitting on? Did you go after her, whether you touched her or not isn't the question, did you violently go after. Why did you or didn't you?

Never hit a woman myself and I've been slapped multiple times by someone I dated. I left her ass. Never hit her.

3 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Never hit a woman myself and I've been slapped multiple times by someone I dated. I left her ass. Never hit her.

That's my point. As much as we may have wanted to knock the shit out of them we didn't. I believe it's based on how we were raised and self control. The younger we are the less of both we have, the older we get the more of it we have.

This may never happen again with Hunt and that's great, but this lesson cost him a lot.

6 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

And yet we cut Hunt go figure.

You do realize there is a difference between:

1) drafting a player who messed up in college, with due diligence in predraft process, giving them a second chance 

2) drafting a player, he messes up, you give him the benefit of doubt, and later find out he lied and there is video evidence showing his lies

Also, one team is willing to constantly give players multiple chances doesn't make another teams decision to not give multiple chances wrong. 

If you honestly don't like how Hunt runs his franchise you can stop following the team. It's HIS TEAM. It's his money representing his business vision on the field and in the community. It's his right to run his BUSINESS however the hell he wants to run it.

As a fan you can't lose sight of that. If you truly don't like how Hunt runs the Chiefs as a business then find another team to root for.

If you honestly don't like how Hunt runs his franchise you can stop following the team. It's HIS TEAM. It's his money representing his business vision on the field and in the community. It's his right to run his BUSINESS however the hell he wants to run it.

As a fan you can't lose sight of that. If you truly don't like how Hunt runs the Chiefs as a business then find another team to root for. 

+1

32 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

You do realize there is a difference between:

1) drafting a player who messed up in college, with due diligence in predraft process, giving them a second chance 

2) drafting a player, he messes up, you give him the benefit of doubt, and later find out he lied and there is video evidence showing his lies

Also, one team is willing to constantly give players multiple chances doesn't make another teams decision to not give multiple chances wrong. 

Joe Mixon closed fist punched a girl knocking her out and was drafted in the 2nd round.  He shouldn’t have been drafted period, that’s my point.  And I get that it was a business decision and understand why it was done.  I still don’t agree with it, but oh fucking well, it’s done now.  

20 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Some teams and some areas don't care about the character of player or people in general if it gets them what they want. 

Yep. Teams that let players walk all over them with bad decisions and lies end up like the Browns with Josh Gordon. That’s as important here as incident they could have gotten ahead of with honesty from Kareem. He will get another opportunity without question somewhere just like Tyreek did.  And he should. But he’s starting there next year with two strikes just like Tyreek who has been a model citizen here under highly scrutinized circumstances. 

All that said there are teams like Washington don’t seem to care at all as they’ve proven with the Rueben Foster debacle. But again Foster I’m sure lost the trust of the 49ers as much as anything. 

3 minutes ago, Legend of AC said:

Joe Mixon closed fist punched a girl knocking her out and was drafted in the 2nd round.  He shouldn’t have been drafted period, that’s my point.  And I get that it was a business decision and understand why it was done.  I still don’t agree with it, but oh fucking well, it’s done now.  

How can you not see the difference between something that happened four years earlier somewhere else and something that happens on your own watch this year?

Guys like Hill and Mixon had already paid for their mistakes with major suspensions-explusions  and kept their nose clean for 2-3 years after those penalties to earn a second chance. 

Kareem hasn’t paid any price yet and lied about the whole thing. Had he just been honest about it, he may be suspended but he’d still be here. Or I think he should’ve been. His decisions made a bad situation worse and made everyone look bad. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

How can you not see the difference between something that happened four years earlier somewhere else and something that happens on your own watch this year?

Guys like Hill and Mixon had already paid for their mistakes with major suspensions-explusions  and kept their nose clean for 2-3 years after those penalties to earn a second chance. 

Kareem hasn’t paid any price yet and lied about the whole thing. Had he just been honest about it, he may be suspended but he’d still be here. Or I think he should’ve been. His decisions made a bad situation worse and made everyone look bad. 

I understand completely that the situations are different.  There’s nothing else to say at point what’s done is done.

Archived