The Chiefs and Violence Against Women

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kareem Hunt never reported the incident originally to the team and told them he stayed in his room the whole time.

Chiefs would have kept him if he didn't lie.

You have to be able to trust your players. When the trust is broken, it can't be glued back together.  I suppose we could change the franchise name and become The Kansas City Liars.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Team tried to get the film back in the Winter and the NFL told them to stop.

Well, my understanding from the ESPN reports was that the hotel would only turn the footage over to law enforcement, and then law enforcement wouldn't share with the NFL or Chiefs.  I'm not sure how it leaked to TMZ.  I know some others I read (Deadspin? commenters?) were implying that the NFL is basically all-powerful and should have been able to get it anyway.  I don't know about that; I guess there is a chance that's almost true.  But if the hotel and law enforcement say no, then no matter how big and powerful you are how hard should you push?

I read a different report, I can't remember where, that said the PD could be in some trouble for not pressing charges when the woman was asking them to.  So if they were covering for Kareem, it kind of makes sense they wouldn't turn it over.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well, my understanding from the ESPN reports was that the hotel would only turn the footage over to law enforcement, and then law enforcement wouldn't share with the NFL or Chiefs.  I'm not sure how it leaked to TMZ.  I know some others I read (Deadspin? commenters?) were implying that the NFL is basically all-powerful and should have been able to get it anyway.  I don't know about that; I guess there is a chance that's almost true.  But if the hotel and law enforcement say no, then no matter how big and powerful you are how hard should you push?

I read a different report, I can't remember where, that said the PD could be in some trouble for not pressing charges when the woman was asking them to.  So if they were covering for Kareem, it kind of makes sense they wouldn't turn it over.

Was the hotel in KC?

19 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Cleveland

There certainly would have been no reason for Cleveland PD or the hotel to refuse to turn over the video, at least in terms of protecting the fortunes of their city's football team.  Maybe there is some legal reason why a security video cannot be released by a police department or a business. Maybe it would leave them in legal jeopardy, either civil or criminal. So, how did it get released, and who is in jeopardy for that?  Maybe once the PD decides that no charges are going to be filed, they then can release it, and it might have taken many months to be certain that no charges were going to be filed. That's the only thing I can reckon.

Just now, Fmbl2187 said:

There certainly would have been no reason for Cleveland PD or the hotel to refuse to turn over the video, at least in terms of protecting the fortunes of their city's football team.  Maybe there is some legal reason why a security video cannot be released by a police department or a business. Maybe it would leave them in legal jeopardy, either civil or criminal. So, how did it get released, and who is in jeopardy for that?

these are the million dollar questions now sir, we may never know the answers

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

There certainly would have been no reason for Cleveland PD or the hotel to refuse to turn over the video, at least in terms of protecting the fortunes of their city's football team.  Maybe there is some legal reason why a security video cannot be released by a police department or a business. Maybe it would leave them in legal jeopardy, either civil or criminal. So, how did it get released, and who is in jeopardy for that?

He's from Ohio.  Big NFL star in his hometown or close to it - doesn't have to be a player from the local pro team for the police to want to cover it up.  Again, that's just speculation on my part but the reports are the police wouldn't turn over the video.  Legally, they're probably not required to turn it over to a civilian organization.  Why they didn't (if indeed that is what happened), I don't know - hard to come up with a good reason other than (a) they didn't feel like it or (b) a cover up.

Who leaked it?  I don't know if we'll ever find out and I don't know if it matters.  These leaks happen all the time and as long as it is not federally classified material rarely anyone gets in serious trouble that I can think of.

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

these are the million dollar questions now sir, we may never know the answers

I had edited my post and added the following:  "

Maybe once the PD decides that no charges are going to be filed, they then can release it, and it might have taken many months to be certain that no charges were going to be filed. That's the only thing I can reckon."

Maybe that is the answer to the million dollar question.

•  

K Hunt will be better off with a new team. I hope he will have an outstanding career and be with a team that really supports players vs pretending to.  He lost big money, endorsements and is completely humiliated. But thats not enough for the SAINT CLARK HUNT. Clark has to hang the guy. Clark is as much a liar as Kareem. Clark did this because he lacks the courage to truly help Kareem. Clark only cares about Clark.

This is real sensitive stuff here now people...

Wilkie posted in the LR that Hunt jerseys have been marked down to $5 apiece in a store he went to, Hunt lost his endorsements as well as his job

Another post asked why we are all blaming the chiefs and not Hunt..Very Good Question.

Hunt lied about his involvement, end of story and end of employment...I will support the chiefs now just as i did before because i know they are trying to do the right thing!

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

K Hunt will be better off with a new team. I hope he will have an outstanding career and be with a team that really supports players vs pretending to.  He lost big money, endorsements and is completely humiliated. But thats not enough for the SAINT CLARK HUNT. Clark has to hang the guy. Clark is as much a liar as Kareem. Clark did this because he lacks the courage to truly help Kareem. Clark only cares about Clark.

Yawn

18 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I disagree.  The Chiefs did the right thing.  Hunt's team emphasizes community outreach, charity work, promotion and support of good causes, school kids etc. to be successful in a small market.  That could evaporate if the community felt that the team cared more about short term success on the field than about whether their players are violent thugs and liars. They've been there, done that. Lamar and Clark Hunt found out that doing so is bad for business.

Maybe it was all a set up to make Hunt free to be picked up by the Browns.  Wouldn't that be something?!  Maybe it was all a giant conspiracy by the woman, by Hunt, and by someone in the Browns' front office (Dorsey??) to steal him from the Chiefs, get even with the Chiefs for firing him as GM,  and sign him for 2019 to the Browns.

Naaaaah.  That would be just too rich.  THE HAT tells me no. Just too perfect. Too symmetrical.  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I disagree.  The Chiefs did the right thing.  Hunt's team emphasizes community outreach, charity work, promotion and support of good causes, school kids etc. to be successful in a small market.  That could evaporate if the community felt that the team cared more about short term success on the field than about whether their players are violent thugs and liars. They've been there, done that. Hunt found out that doing so is bad for business.

You made my point. Money/Business is more important. The team is worth at least 2 Billion Dollars. I guess Clark needs more.

22 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Your way off base here. It sure looks like the Chiefs gave Hunt multiple opportunities to come clean before it was too late and he chose not too. This is 100 percent on Kareem.  

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

You made my point. Money/Business is more important. The team is worth at least 2 Billion Dollars. I guess Clark needs more.

Again way off base as the value of his franchise goes up significantly with star players winning a Lombardi.  This move cost him money both directly thru dead cap and merchandise sales and indirectly thru declining talent base and chance to win in order to do the right thing.  This move was very costly for him. 

He also lied to the police.  In his statement to the police he said he went to bed after asking them to leave. 

One person that is getting left out of this is Reid.   Cause my guess is initially K Hunt talked to him as well as other members of the organization back in February and that's when the lies started.  I  would put money on it that Clark just didn't do this unilaterally.  I'm wondering if Reid vouched for him based on his word alone then at some point and time met with Clark and discussed it.  Reid tells him he is a good kid who just made dumb decision.  Even if none of that happened I doubt Clark just unilaterally just said you're done without getting Reids input.  

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Again way off base as the value of his franchise goes up significantly with star players winning a Lombardi.  This move cost him money both directly thru dead cap and merchandise sales and indirectly thru declining talent base and chance to win in order to do the right thing.  This move was very costly for him. 

There shouldn’t be any dead cap. He was still on his rookie deal.  I’m sure that played into the decision as well, making it a little easier to cut ties since we aren’t in a situation where we’re on the hook for 20 or 25 million.  

Archived