K. Hunt to be on ESPN sunday morning

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Why?

Damage control. He's a brand with coveted talent. He's trying to repair his image in any way possible before waiver time Monday. Makes sense for him. He will be claimed. He won't play again this year, but will most certainly be running the rock for some team in 2019. I hope he learned a lesson and becomes the best version of himself possible moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i hate to say it but i still don't think he fully understands why all this happened, it did not come across that way in the interview.

My wife flat said he sounds more like a guy sorry he got caught than anything else. 

Hunt admitted he was wrong and the Chiefs were right in what they did. Of course there are some that will spin this as damage control and he said the right things to cover his ass. Others will still say the Chiefs were wrong in their actions.

If this same guy who couldn't control his emotions at 3 am, drunk and in a hotel hallway can come on National TV and admit he was wrong and the team was right then I'm ok with it. Now lets move on.

One last question for those who believe the Chiefs overreacted, if this had been one of the DBs or third stringer would you believe the same way. It's a rhetorical question I'm sure people won't be honest. Those who don't support the Chiefs actions will say of course they would support every player on the team even those they have been calling to be cut for their play.

21 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Kareem said all the right things.

He sounded like he gave coached answers from his agent. That wasn’t me is not an honest answer. I think he got caught red handdd and is still in shock personally. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What I have noticed throughout my life, most people are sorry for being caught more than their actions. Of course there are exceptions to everything. 

Agree. Human nature generally leads people to rationalize away their own culpability in mistakes.  This is where being held accountable can actually help.  Discipline is actually a good thing. 

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What can't he say? Enquiring minds want to know what you know that nobody else does about this situation. 

It was the first time he ever met this gal, do you think that he can go on national TV and tell the world why she was coming after him like she was without pissing people off even more.

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What I have noticed throughout my life, most people are sorry for being caught more than their actions. Of course there are exceptions to everything. 

that is what the ESPN team said after the interview, only sorry after the video came out

1 minute ago, NChiefsCorner said:

It was the first time he ever met this gal, do you think that he can go on national TV and tell the world why she was coming after him like she was without pissing people off even more.

So he was covering up more shit like why was he partying with a 19 year old gal who could barely stand.

28 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Kareem said all the right things.

I don’t agree...he was avoiding questions and when asked about getting help and reaching out was not definitive.  Also not giving details makes him look like he’s hiding something...  Saying all the right things would include:

There was alcohol involved that clouded his judgement/recollection if the events, while saying it’s no excuse

Admitting he has both anger management and alcohol issues

Stating definitevely that he WILL be seeking treatment for both

Instead of saying he deserves a 2nd chance, saying that he will do everything possible in hopes of someone giving him that 2nd chance 

Instead of stumbling around contacting the woman and why he hasn’t/can’t, clearly say that he is actively trying to contact her to speak to her.

I’d fire his agent for preparing him so poorly for that interview...media is currently tearing him apart for it...

Just now, WichitaZRide said:

I don’t agree...he was avoiding questions and when asked about getting help and reaching out was not definitive.  Also not giving details makes him look like he’s hiding something...  Saying all the right things would include:

There was alcohol involved that clouded his judgement/recollection if the events, while saying it’s no excuse

Admitting he has both anger management and alcohol issues

Stating definitevely that he WILL be seeking treatment for both

Instead of saying he deserves a 2nd chance, saying that he will do everything possible in hopes of someone giving him that 2nd chance 

Instead of stumbling around contacting the woman and why he hasn’t/can’t, clearly say that he is actively trying to contact her to speak to her.

I’d fire his agent for preparing him so poorly for that interview...media is currently tearing him apart for it...

We must not have watched the same interview.

Archived