K. Hunt to be on ESPN sunday morning

3 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Do you want him to bad mouth the victim on top of the video. 

You act like this is mission impossible...

There was a woman at my place that was asked to leave due to her age and actions going on in the room that were upsetting other guests.  She was upset and I went outside to try to de-escalate the situation, where I clearly failed and let my emotions get the best of me...

That took me literally two minutes...he’s had 36+ hours with an agent, a manager, and their teams to come up with an answer to a question that was obviously going to get asked...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

There was a woman at my place that was asked to leave due to her age and actions going on in the room that were upsetting other guests.  She was upset and I went outside to try to de-escalate the situation, where I clearly failed and let my emotions get the best of me...

That took me literally two minutes...he’s had 36+ hours with an agent, a manager, and their teams to come up with an answer to a question that was obviously going to get asked...

You've had to save your ass before haven't you. 😉

15 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I think he answered a lot of those questions that your claiming he didn't.

Honestly what did he answer exactly except for acknowledging he lied to the Chiefs? He just kept saying none of this was right and it wasn't him. He did say he was sorry numerous times but to nothing at all specific other than the Chiefs organization. It was just very cryptic. If he does get another shot around next November as the Chiefs seem to think, I hope he doesn't see this as just some sort of sabbatical punishment for getting caught and continue down the same path. I appreciate what he did in a Chiefs uniform but this is just so much bigger than football. 

9 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yep

but according to people here it’s the chiefs fault 

lots of crow for a few folks today

I think this is the biggest reason they released him. It sure sounds like they handled this pretty well and gave him every opportunity to come clean before the potential shi** hit the fan. And he just didn't grab that lifeline leaving them out of options when the video came out. 

31 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Spot on!  A lot of NFL players don't seem intelligent. Most of their answers are coached and don't sound genuine in any situation.  Having said that , the way the media is, I think if he did answer the way you said it still wouldn't have been enough for whoever was interviewing him. 

I was pretty upset when I first heard about this, but the more I've thought about it, the more I believe this is all on Hunt. I don't know his background, but wonder if his Dad was ever around or in his life. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Honestly what did he answer exactly except for acknowledging he lied to the Chiefs? He just kept saying none of this was right and it wasn't him. He did say he was sorry numerous times but to nothing at all specific other than the Chiefs organization. It was just very cryptic. If he does get another shot around next November as the Chiefs seem to think, I hope he doesn't see this as just some sort of sabbatical punishment for getting caught and continue down the same path. I appreciate what he did in a Chiefs uniform but this is just so much bigger than football. 

He said that he had an anger problem, he said that he was going to get treatment, he said it was nobody's fault but his own, he said that he was going to get himself fixed first so this never happens again.

8 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

He said that he had an anger problem, he said that he was going to get treatment, he said it was nobody's fault but his own, he said that he was going to get himself fixed first so this never happens again.

Well, it sounds like the kid is going to try and fix himself.  I think he will. However,  it could be a long time before he plays again. I think it will depend on how the social climate about domestic violence boils up or down. 

Imo, if we see one or two more of these incidents within the next 18 months with a NFL player, Hunt will probably not play again. But, if all stays quiet in league....Who knows? He could be wearing another Jersey in 2019.

I just watched Kareem Hunt's video. It wasn't as bad as I thought and he seemed sincere. I'm thinking he didn't want to go into detail about it, because it may make him look worse. Also something else interesting, he said my Mom & grandmother didn't raise me that way, no mention of Dad. That's the problem right there IMO. If fact it's a problem with most black athletes. 

Should have admitted, at least to himself, that he needed alcohol & anger management counseling the morning after it happened if he were sincere. He's had 9 months. So now that the tape comes out he realizes his mistakes? He's just saying what ever he's SUPPOSED to say to keep the $$$$ flowing. We should never let an RB wear #27 again per my son.

9 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Should have admitted, at least to himself, that he needed alcohol & anger management counseling the morning after it happened if he were sincere. He's had 9 months. So now that the tape comes out he realizes his mistakes? He's just saying what ever he's SUPPOSED to say to keep the $$$$ flowing. We should never let an RB wear #27 again per my son.

Just draft a high character guy to wear 27 so people can convert those jerseys.  

1 hour ago, timmy_6262 said:

I doubt anyone ever hears from the girl in the video.  Can almost bet she took a check from Kareem and signed a NDA.  Makes sense because NOBODY can get ahold of her...NFL, ESPN, Chiefs....nobody.  Just my guess.

yeah signing a NDA is so binding nowadays....🙄

After watching interview and then watching Kelce’s response to the Hunt question....I honestly think that everyone(Reid/Veach/Hunt) likes Hunt and only released him because the video came out.  Seems it was a “Sorry Kareem, we don’t want to do this but now that the video is out we have too”.

11 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Hunt admitted he was wrong and the Chiefs were right in what they did. Of course there are some that will spin this as damage control and he said the right things to cover his ass. Others will still say the Chiefs were wrong in their actions.

If this same guy who couldn't control his emotions at 3 am, drunk and in a hotel hallway can come on National TV and admit he was wrong and the team was right then I'm ok with it. Now lets move on.

One last question for those who believe the Chiefs overreacted, if this had been one of the DBs or third stringer would you believe the same way. It's a rhetorical question I'm sure people won't be honest. Those who don't support the Chiefs actions will say of course they would support every player on the team even those they have been calling to be cut for their play.

Better question.....What if it was Mahomes on that video.

5 minutes ago, Balto said:

After watching interview and then watching Kelce’s response to the Hunt question....I honestly think that everyone(Reid/Veach/Hunt) likes Hunt and only released him because the video came out.  Seems it was a “Sorry Kareem, we don’t want to do this but now that the video is out we have too”.

I'd say that's pretty accurate. 

Archived