Really tired of watching this defense

The Raiders had their best chance of even making this game competitive this week because of the shocking news on Friday with Hunt.  No way that doesn't affect a team in an adverse way 2 days from a game.    We still handled our business and being down 2 elite playmakers in Hunt and Watkins took its toll.    Watkins health at this point in paramount for a playoff run.    As for the defense I think the Hunt ordeal and possibly overlooking the Raiders played a part.  Its still pathetic that we allowed 33 points to the Raiders but it is what it is.    Its gonna be an offseason major project to get that fixed so all we can hope for now is the pass rush to be on point and getting Berry back will help some in the secondary.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Hey, if someone can predict the Chiefs are going to have 50 points put up on them by NE then I can predict they won't make it. 

Perhaps, but it's based off a couple of facts.  One of them being they gave up 33 to a garbage level Offense and another being the Chiefs are a trash tier Defense.

30 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Oakland was showing how to beat us towards the end. Run the ball constantly,  we can't stop it. Keep PM off the field and hope for a stop when he gets the ball.  Teams are so caught up in the pass these days, run the ball until you can't against us...it will win games. Sutton has to go.  

I read the same thing after the 49ers game

4 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Perhaps, but it's based off a couple of facts.  One of them being they gave up 33 to a garbage level Offense and another being the Chiefs are a trash tier Defense.

And I'm basing my prediction off the fact that NE has already lost 3 games to Jax, Ten and Det all lesser teams than those that will be in the playoffs. Pittsburgh,  Baltimore, Chargers and Texans are all better than the 3 teams that have already beat NE.

42 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What's really sad is you know there are some out there that are secretly hoping the Chiefs lose so they can say see, we told you.

There’s 1 or 2 guys on this board who probably aren’t Chiefs fans at all no matter what they say.   Probably the same on every board for that matter.  IE.  I should get credibility with my never ending criticisms because I claim to be a fan.  But whatever.  

I think stressing about the defense misses the point...  It's just part of the 2018 Chiefs roller coaster ride.

They've got guys who get beat a lot, but they also have playmakers.  The D just has to string enough plays together to make a few stops.  Geez, they scored 40 again today -- after all that noise...  The Chiefs could beat any of the serious contenders.  But they could also lose to any of them and it's  be easy to see why. 

Enjoy the ride!

(Chargers looked badass tonight, btw)

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I guess some of us go, "gee golly I hope Bob coaches like a dead rat all year long"

Not sure where you are going with that in regards to me.. I was saying- I hope no one here is rooting for losses to say I told you so.. 

34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Not sure where you are going with that in regards to me.. I was saying- I hope no one here is rooting for losses to say I told you so.. 

No, yeah that was clear.  You were quoting a post that was insisting that was actually happening, you said you hoped it wasn't happening and my post was a half sarcastic response to the idea that Chiefs fans have fingers crossed that the Chiefs lose.  

It was on the point.

17 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Tackling is so annoying. They gain 3 extra yards even when we are tackling and I'm not even counting the missed tackles all over the place. First guy rarely the one making the play. 

I think what sticks out the most was one play in particular where they had Jared Cook stopped before the sticks, but 2 Defenders couldn't stop a Tight End from getting the first down.

It's amazing how soft they play.

10 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

People, remember the Chiefs have not done anything to improve the D in years. They know that most fans (not me) want to see scoring and have drafted accordingly. I would bet next year they will use high picks to improve the D. Yes and possibly replace Sutton if Andy believes it is him and not the players.

Xavier Williams, Derrick Nnadi, Breeeland Speaks, Ragland, Hitchens,  ODaniel, Watts...Plus getting Bailey and Ford back healthy. These are all things that have happened on Veachs watch alone, yet the D continues to deteriorate.

Its not all on Sutton, but he is the leader of the groio and should be the one hrld accountable.

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Xavier Williams, Derrick Nnadi, Breeeland Speaks, Ragland, Hitchens,  ODaniel, Watts...Plus getting Bailey and Ford back healthy. These are all things that have happened on Veachs watch alone, yet the D continues to deteriorate.

Its not all on Sutton, but he is the leader of the groio and should be the one hrld accountable.

I don't disagree with this at all. I just do not want to scapegoat the horrific safety play as anything a change in coordinators can do anything about though. That's my point all along. Sutton called several really good blitzes yesterday including the run blitz for Murray only to have the player whiff on the tackle. I really hope Veach is looking for proven tacklers in next years draft. 

I am not sold on VEACH. This years draft has not produced anyone playing a serious role. Hitchens is awful. Ragland is Crap. Maybe Odaniel will be good? Speaks looks like Kpass and others not playing any significant role. I bet Speaks is never a starter. Looks as slow as can be.. 

Archived