Really tired of watching this defense

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I am not sold on VEACH. This years draft has not produced anyone playing a serious role. Hitchens is awful. Ragland is Crap. Maybe Odaniel will be good? Speaks looks like Kpass and others not playing any significant role. I bet Speaks is never a starter. Looks as slow as can be.. 

And it was blamed on Dorsey last year and on.  At what point do we stop blaming the guy shopping for the groceries and start looking at the cook, to figure out why the soup tastes more and more like shit year to year?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

And it was blamed on Dorsey last year and on.  At what point do we stop blaming the guy shopping for the groceries and start looking at the cook, to figure out why the soup tastes more and more like shit year to year?

Not blaming Veach. That was a comment. Its a little of both. Lack of Talent and Sutton. The Defense Stinks and Smells. I accept that for this season. Its not going to change.

I just dont think about it much. Ruins my enjoyment. I put the games on hold when KC is on defense then fast forward when Mahomes is on the field. Way more fun & no torture. 

11 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

"Well it was Alex's fault for relying on the D too much"

"We just gotta get younger"

2018: 31st Total - 32nd Pass - 22nd Rush
2017: 28th Total - 29th Pass - 25th Rush
2016: 24th Total - 18th Pass - 26th Rush

The defense carried the load for the Alex Smith offense for his first three seasons here. Finally this year did we actually turn the corner and start rebuilding the defense in earnest while at the same time having no first round pick and trading away our best corner for something we won't see until next draft. And of course we know 50 percent of our salary CAP on defense is going to two players who have missed more total games than they have played by a wide margin. I think everyone recognized this was a work in progress defense that wasn't going to be much better. Its our rush defense where Veach has indeed failed this year. What Veach does this offseason may very well be the biggest key to his tenure here. 

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

IM NOT SOLD ON VEACH sure sounds like you're placing some blame on him.

Maybe he's not a good talent evaluator, but I'm holding back on making judgments when he's drafting for a black hole of suck at Defensive Coordinator.

Fair Enough. I hope the players do succeed and Veach does extremely well. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The defense carried the load for the Alex Smith offense for his first three seasons here. Finally this year did we actually turn the corner and start rebuilding the defense in earnest while at the same time having no first round pick and trading away our best corner for something we won't see until next draft. And of course we know 50 percent of our salary CAP on defense is going to two players who have missed more total games than they have played by a wide margin. I think everyone recognized this was a work in progress defense that wasn't going to be much better. What Veach does this offseason may very well be the biggest key to his tenure here. 

They are trending downward year to year, even with a season of focus on the Defense in 2018.  

They took a very promising rising corner from the Redskins and now he's basically a jag here.  I don't think it matters who you acquire.

It feels like I am reading these posts from a Delorean and everyone is playing the role of Packers fans defending a certain coordinator.  At least Capers was able to do enough to secure a Super Bowl, while werthers gets a statue for epic collapsing.

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The defense carried the load for the Alex Smith offense for his first three seasons here. Finally this year did we actually turn the corner and start rebuilding the defense in earnest while at the same time having no first round pick and trading away our best corner for something we won't see until next draft. And of course we know 50 percent of our salary CAP on defense is going to two players who have missed more total games than they have played by a wide margin. I think everyone recognized this was a work in progress defense that wasn't going to be much better. Its our rush defense where Veach has indeed failed this year. What Veach does this offseason may very well be the biggest key to his tenure here. 

Agree

27 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I am not sold on VEACH. This years draft has not produced anyone playing a serious role. Hitchens is awful. Ragland is Crap. Maybe Odaniel will be good? Speaks looks like Kpass and others not playing any significant role. I bet Speaks is never a starter. Looks as slow as can be.. 

Why wouldnt he look slow? They took a 283 pound man and are asking him to play OLB in a 34. Same with Kpass. These guys have no business in the roles they put them in.

16 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yep but what are they gonna do in week 14?

Sure they could play different players but if they suck also people will still look for heads. Won't change the DC, I've never ever heard of a team thats 10-2 and basically one week from making the playoffs canning their DC.

By the way have you guys watched how the scary Chargers are being manhandled by Pittsburgh? 

We saw the scary Chargers eat up the PIT defense in the fourth quarter.  I that what you are referring to?

15 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I wonder who makes that call.....

Seriously, if they went to a 43 they could cut Houston and let Ford walk and free up a ton of cap space to invest in a re-imagined defense. Plus ODaniel could move to WILL, and Hitchens to SAM where they would be much better fits.

Its a lot of pass rush to let go of. But Speaks only hope of being an above average player is moving back to DE in an even front like he did in college. Then go draft a stud pass rusher on the other side. Or sign someone like Ziggy or Brandon Graham. Who cares... just get this shit fixed. Its an absolute embarassment. Getting carved up by a 2 win team. Jesus tits.

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I wonder who makes that call.....

I think with decisions necessary this offseason on BOTH OLBs they collectively (Veach and Sutton) went with an "experiment" mentality with him as Veach called it to see if he could handle it.  He's flashed some pass rush, but just was completely exposed in pass coverage as expected. It was a bad plan. Just as paying big money for an ILB who can't cover anyone was a mistake when paired with a guy that is almost exactly in the same mold. But all that said its still the safeties that are without question killing this defense. Berry hasn't played. Sorenson was yet another bad extension by Dorsey. Murray is a classic look the part but not play the part guy. Parker is only here because Berry couldn't play. And the only guy who's flashed any ability and a solid pickup by Veach has apparently been benched in Lucas.  All that said we are second in the NFL in sacks as Chris Jones continues to emerge as a potential elite player and Dee Ford has kept himself on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Seriously, if they went to a 43 they could cut Houston and let Ford walk and free up a ton of cap space to invest in a reimagined defense. Plus ODaniel could mive to WILL, and Hitchens to SAM where they would be much better fits.

Its a lot of pass rush to let go of. But Speaks only hope of being an above average player is moving back to DE in an even front like he did in college. Then go draft a stud pass rusher on the other side. Or sign someone like Ziggy or Brandon Graham. Who cares... just get this shit fixed. Its an absolute embarassment. Getting carved up by a 2 win team. Jesus tits.

The Chiefs base Defense with averaging 40+ a game is nickel and dime packages.  Sutton thought he could steal from Eric Mangini to fix the dumpster fire run Defense and it's a disaster.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Watching Hitchens try to cover Cook on that TD in the back of the endzone tells me that Veach seriously misjudged what kind of player he is. Make no mistake...Hitchens was good in Dallas, and still can be. But he cannot be what DJ was. That is not a fit for him.

Hitchens isn't even 100%.  It was a stupid decision by werthers originals, who's had other great decisions like putting Houston on Antonio Brown with no help

and people want to blame the players lol

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We saw the scary Chargers eat up the PIT defense in the fourth quarter.  I that what you are referring to?

I saw how the refs let the Chargers score a 46 yd TD and then say oops and then called back to back offsides until the Chargers made the winning FG. I saw Pittsburgh go away from what was working in the first half. I saw James Connors go out in the 4th. I saw the Chargers come back and win a game they shouldn't have. 

Just now, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I saw how the refs let the Chargers score a 46 yd TD and then say oops and then called back to back offsides until the Chargers made the winning FG. I saw Pittsburgh go away from what was working in the first half. I saw James Connors go out in the 4th. I saw the Chargers come back and win a game they shouldn't have. 

Agree, but the Steelers had to get a stop and failed.  Look familiar? 

It's Bob's Defense and Veach is getting what Bob tells him he wants.

He's trying to run primarily subs with an outdated Fairbanks philosophy with oversized front line Defenders with a read and react approach.  The game is way too fast to play read and react without flawless technique, especially when you're fielding fatter guys in open space.

10 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

No, yeah that was clear.  You were quoting a post that was insisting that was actually happening, you said you hoped it wasn't happening and my post was a half sarcastic response to the idea that Chiefs fans have fingers crossed that the Chiefs lose.  

It was on the point.

What’s maddening for me is the players he runs out.. 

zombo dan Murray etc... play someone else cause that shit ain’t working !

Just now, Calichief said:

What’s maddening for me is the players he runs out.. 

zombo dan Murray etc... play someone else cause that shit ain’t working !

I have zero clue why they traded for Lucas so werthers could bench him in favor of Eric Murray to do the most legal abortion you will see take place in the Midwest.

Archived