Anderson, 27, played for the Broncos for five seasons, and gained more than 1000 yards in Denver just last year. But he was cut by the Broncos in April, and signed by the Panthers in May. He saw little action in Carolina — starting just one game — and was cut three weeks ago.

Spencer Ware was a disappointment in Sunday's 40-33 win over Oakland, taking 14 carries for 48 yards and a touchdown while adding just one catch for five yards. Reserve running back Damien Williams was a bit more efficient with 38 yards on five carries, but it makes sense for the Chiefs to take a look at a veteran alternative after they released Kareem Hunt on Friday. The 27-year-old Anderson has been available since the Panthers released him Nov. 12. Fellow free agent Charcandrick West is also scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

2 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Spencer Ware was a disappointment in Sunday's 40-33 win over Oakland, taking 14 carries for 48 yards and a touchdown while adding just one catch for five yards. Reserve running back Damien Williams was a bit more efficient with 38 yards on five carries, but it makes sense for the Chiefs to take a look at a veteran alternative after they released Kareem Hunt on Friday. The 27-year-old Anderson has been available since the Panthers released him Nov. 12. Fellow free agent Charcandrick West is also scheduled to visit the Chiefs on Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

I definitely think West is worth a look. 

I do think you will see players coming here to win like you have seen with NE. I think there will be those type of guys wanting to do so if we do something in the post season for once. Maybe a rb comes on the cheap to go for a ring or few.

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Why didn’t they give darrel williams some touches

I think it was Reid that said they plan to, but given that all this went down Friday and the rookie didn’t get any practice reps they were giving the bulk of the duty to Ware, but given a full week of practice, he would get some touches. 

3 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Wow. This rookie Justin Jackson kid for the Chargers looks good. Running backs are a dime a dozen. Try drafting a home run hitter next year like Charles. 

I really liked Kelly from the Rams in preseason but I'm not sure if they send him to PS for us to grab. Has a lot of upside and will be wasted unless he gets away from Gurley soon. 

Chiefs signed RB Charcandrick West.

Kansas City was expected to sign C.J. Anderson, but NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports they are going with West. It makes sense considering West spent the last four seasons including most of training camp this year with the team, so he should know the playbook and be able to help immediately. Kansas City going with West over Anderson is great news for Spencer War

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think ware looks exactly like he did before his knee injury. A solid downhill runner. The dude was never able to create anything on his own. We need to see what we have in the young Williams before we commit to drafting one.

If we get 2016 Ware, we will be okay. Just really hard to tell since the game plan wasn't geared towards Spencers strengths. But again my concern is that being okay is not good enough with our defense. We really cannot go backwards on offense and expect to close this thing out against 3 playoff teams the next 3 weeks. This is exact spot where defense came on last year and actually played a big part in clinching division title, but I don't think we can put much stock in that again.

Archived