Credit to the Raiders

I know it wasn't the game a lot of us wanted, but Oakland jumped on us and played tough.  They did what other teams have (for whatever reason) gone away from -- they stuck with the run and we got pushed back.

I think it was a pretty impressive win to be honest.

10 minutes ago, qnet said:

Agreed. As I watch the Steelers & Bolts slug it out, I just thought about how we beat both of these teams on their home turf. 

The Steelers fans are feeling a little like we have to often in KC.  Blow a 16 point lead, get cheated by the refs, some weird bounces, and a last second loss.  At least the Chiefs managed an ugly win.

57 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Every team is gonna play us tough...We are one of the "big dawgs" in the NFL and teams are gonna bring their A game. Plus its a divisional opponent, it seems like forever since we lost in the division..Everyone will be gunning for us. Watch what Baltimore does to us next week.

Yeah man...  Next week has become a huge game.  Baltimore dominated Atlanta today, ran all over them (gulp).

24 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Steelers fans are feeling a little like we have to often in KC.  Blow a 16 point lead, get cheated by the refs, some weird bounces, and a last second loss.  At least the Chiefs managed an ugly win.

Division title game at Arrowhead a week from Thursday seems more and more likely.  

59 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Division title game at Arrowhead a week from Thursday seems more and more likely.  

You're right.  It's looked that way for most of the season, at least until the Donks upset the Chargers last week.  The Chargers got it back today.  Now, no matter how the rest of the season shakes out, week 15 will decide it although there's a slim chance the Chiefs could still win if they won all their other games.  Gordon will be back by then and we can only hope Berry can play and have some influence.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

But we are no longer that team.. sad but true

Agree....I never thought KC was. Starting in 2019 the team will be better balanced. This year is fun to watch the future unfolding. Just enjoying the ride as long as it lasts.

2 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

I will say for once, Carr looked like an NFL QB.

And there were only one or two OPI that didn't get called on the Raiders, oh wait, they don't have Crabtree anymore.  That means all the due missed OPI calls will come in THIS WEEK!  

Carr looked better against the Chiefs than any time I can remember. 

4 hours ago, qnet said:

Carr looked better against the Chiefs than any time I can remember. 

Vs the Rams 29/40 303 yds loss by 20

Vs the Doncos 29/32 288 yds loss by 1

Vs Miami 27/39 345 yds loss by 8

Vs Cleveland 35/58 437 yds won by 3

Vs Chargers 24/33 268 yds loss by 16

Vs Indy 21/28 244 yds loss by 14

Vs Chargers 24/37 243 yds loss by 14

Vs Chiefs 29/38 285 yds loss by 7

The other 4 games, vs Seattle, SF, Arizona and Baltimore he threw for less than 200 yds. He really hasn't played bad this year, his team just sucks.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The other 4 games, vs Seattle, SF, Arizona and Baltimore he threw for less than 200 yds. He really hasn't played bad this year, his team just sucks.

I actually never thought he was a bad QB. People seem to forget about him because of the team, but he's had some solid years.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The Raiders have played a ton of garbage time this year, which is why stat line watching can be really misleading.  He's been UDFA QB bad at times. (Someone post the gif where they had one last chance to stay alive on 4th down in a game they were losing and he proceeded to throw the ball directly down into the ground)

It's pretty similar to a few years ago when the Jags were totally irrelevant and Bortles was throwing to big receivers vs Prevent Defenses and everyone thought he had arrived.

Archived