Oh boy.....no idea who starts at QB this week. Joe might be cleared by then but word around town is it is Lamar's job now.

I like the ball control aspect- 39 minutes of possession yesterday- but there is not a downfield passing offense besides the TE's.

Lamar will be much better next year but right now, I hope he makes it thru the game each week.....he is taking a pounding.

Plus, I am not sure that LJ could bring them back from a 7-10-14 point deficit if he has to pass alot.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Hands in Pants blocked so I can better enjoy this board. Cold day in KC Sunday

Partly Cloudy
33°19°
0%
N 6 mph 50%

UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

2 of 10
7:26 am
4:55 pm
9:20 am
7:09 pm

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 33F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

21 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I have Hands in Pants blocked so I can better enjoy this board. Cold day in KC Sunday

Partly Cloudy
33°19°
0%
N 6 mph 50%

UV INDEX SUNRISE SUNSET MOONRISE MOONSET

2 of 10
7:26 am
4:55 pm
9:20 am
7:09 pm

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 33F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.

Well, that sucks for you since I can make you smarter....just ask around.

I haven't watched the Ravens that much this year, except earlier when Flacco was playing. Living near Atlanta, they had the game on between them and the Falcons, but I didn't pay enough attention. It seemed like a tough, slug it out game. 

I think the Ravens may have a better chance with Flacco in a shootout, which I don't want.  The Chiefs have only played the Ravens once since Reid has been the coach and they won, but Jimmy Clausen was the QB.  

i think what may give the Ravens some advantage is the Chiefs have to prepare for both. 

I think the Chiefs will win with a solid week of practice without Hunt, but I'm not sure.

18 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Ball control isn't going to work on a team that can drive 80 yards in under a minute.

The Ravens are gonna have to find a way to score 40+

That is the fear- Chiefs avg something like 74 yds in 2:31 with an avg of 3.3 Points scored per drive- might be even more.

Your avg score is 37 and avg giving up 27

Ravens avg 27.8 and give up an avg of 17.8

2 minutes ago, qnet said:

I haven't watched the Ravens that much this year, except earlier when Flacco was playing. Living near Atlanta, they had the game on between them and the Falcons, but I didn't pay enough attention. It seemed like a tough, slug it out game. 

I think the Ravens may have a better chance with Flacco in a shootout, which I don't want.  The Chiefs have only played the Ravens once since Reid has been the coach and they won, but Jimmy Clausen was the QB.  

i think what may give the Ravens some advantage is the Chiefs have to prepare for both. 

I think the Chiefs will win with a solid week of practice without Hunt, but I'm not sure.

They did teach Georgia how to execute a fake punt tho.....

15 minutes ago, qnet said:

normally i would say we will win because it is a home game, but i am not sure what type of crowd we will see at Arrowhead next sunday

I think playing an awful Raiders defense masked the reality our offense is not at all the same without Hunt. I think we can get back to being really good (not great) when Andy figures out how to incorporate the RB committee we are going to need and when we get Watkins back. But there was some signs in that game yesterday that lead me to believe it's gonna be a struggle at times now on offense. You just don't lose an elite player without a real impact, especially in the short term. And with a very leaky defense this is a problem. 

I'm not sure which QB Id prefer the Ravens to play. Whichever QB is least adept at getting ball to the tight ends we can't cover I suppose. But in reality the strength of our defense is the pass rush so probably Flacco since we will have to be in more of a containment type scheme vs Jackson. Plus if Jackson struggles and with the Ravens margin for error this season very low still, I'd expect them to change at halftime if necessary. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

I think playing an awful Raiders defense masked the reality our offense is not at all the same without Hunt. I think we can get back to being really good (not great) when Andy figures out how to incorporate the RB committee we are going to need and when we get Watkins back. But there was some signs in that game yesterday that lead me to believe it's gonna be a struggle at times now on offense. You just don't lose an elite player without a real impact, especially in the short term. And with a very leaky defense this is a problem. 

I'm not sure which QB Id prefer the Ravens to play. Whichever QB is least adept at getting ball to the tight ends we can't cover I suppose. But in reality the strength of our defense is the pass rush so probably Flacco since we will have to be in more of a containment type scheme vs Jackson. Plus if Jackson struggles and with the Ravens margin for error this season very low still, I'd expect them to change at halftime if necessary. 

Both Balt Qbs will play. Mahomes needs to throw it & keep throwing it. May need 50 to win.

5 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Both Balt Qbs will play. Mahomes needs to throw it & keep throwing it. May need 50 to win.

Ravens have a good defense so just sitting back there and throwing it all game seems like a bad idea. We've got to establish some running game with these backups. I know we will continue to run more RPOs than we were before Hunt was released but I also don't like the idea of putting Mahomes in harms way like that either. 

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Ravens have a good defense so just sitting back there and throwing it all game seems like a bad idea. We've got to establish some running game with these backups. I know we will continue to run more RPOs than we were before Hunt was released but I also don't like the idea of putting Mahomes in harms way like that either. 

They have not faced this passing attack. Should be a fun game. 

Hands , Hands, Handsy Pants. Good to hear from you. Like the approach to this Ravens team. Jackson, has lit a fire under this team. Baltimore has been winning with shere defense and a ball controlled ground and pound offense.

If the Baltimore front 7 can contain Ware and the running game while providing consistent pressure on Mahomes then this baby may be a close one. Chiefs cannot stop the run effectively and time of possession will play a huge factor. This may be the game where Hunt is missed. December football is a different game boys.

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Flacco was seen with a noticeable limp at the game.

2 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Hands , Hands, Handsy Pants. Good to hear from you. Like the approach to this Ravens team. Jackson, has lit a fire under this team. Baltimore has been winning with shere defense and a ball controlled ground and pound offense.

If the Baltimore front 7 can contain Ware and the running game while providing consistent pressure on Mahomes then this baby may be a close one. Chiefs cannot stop the run effectively and time of possession will play a huge factor. This may be the game where Hunt is missed. December football is a different game boys.

I would never be using the term "pants" in reference to another board "member" if I were you......

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

It was a wash as KC was playing a gameplan on Offense for a RB that's on the waivers.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I don't think so.  The Chiefs struggle on Defense with basic fundamentals and play incredibly soft, so ground and pound is more harmful than unibrow launching the ball into the turf.

Flacco is a much better opponent for us.

Archived